The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
ifonly216
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:37 pm

This ^^^^ and if turn off offers they charge you!!!
" time wounds all the heals"
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:38 pm

how new are your accounts? i dont see any of this fudge with my account. i have a second account that i dont list on too often, and is newer, but its the only way i see the fudge you guys are talking about. but i dont see charges for what you guys are saying.

on another note, seems like eBay really is trying to direct listings and accounts. unless you have a TRS status, seems like making sales has become difficult.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
Kramerica
Art Freak

Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:48 pm

Account from 2008. I don't think I have gotten charged for changing the listing back to not accepting offers but I don't know how to get them to stop allowing them to begin with.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
ifonly216
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:17 am

2010, is my main.
" time wounds all the heals"
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:17 am

Kramerica wrote:Account from 2008. I don't think I have gotten charged for changing the listing back to not accepting offers but I don't know how to get them to stop allowing them to begin with.
How long had yer fudge been up for sale? Think that happens when something has been up foreva without any sales.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:14 am

Been on ebay since 2001 and when I called them last week the auto relist and shipping time issue were the result of a recent update to "help sellers"
Philpenn
Art Expert

Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:52 am

Bought a record, tracking shows left in the mailbox, but the record is nowhere to be found. Am I out of luck?
Philpenn
Art Expert

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:29 am

^^ Anything here? Seller also has the same record listed again. Not saying it's a 1/1 record though.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:42 am

That's not really anything to do with ebay or the seller, so much as USPS. I'd followup with them. Reach out to your mail carrier, give them the tracking number and see what they can find out. Or open a claim. If something was mis-delivered by USPS, they're the ones who should be on the hook for making it right.
So it goes...
klav

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:13 pm

I had that issue 2 years back. USPS tracking showed delivered. Figured they delivered to the wrong address since it's happened once or twice with mail, but never boxed items. Certainly not expensive items. Went to the post office. Said nothing they could do. Was out $250+.
bigmuls
Art Expert

Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:14 pm

I just negotiated the sale of 4 prints through best offer on eBay and the buyer said he would pay now, but asked if I could wait 10 days before shipping because he'll be in Europe, I said sure. Then he asked if I wouldn't mind shipping the prints to his European address through the eBay Global Shipping Program. I don't use this program for my international shipments and I'm not sure how I would add it to the already closed listings. He said he can send me the GSP address with a reference number. Anyway, I don't know if this is a sketchy thing or normal for someone to ask and I also don't know if it's possible. Anyone know how to do this?
Jpup
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:37 am

bigmuls wrote:I just negotiated the sale of 4 prints through best offer on eBay and the buyer said he would pay now, but asked if I could wait 10 days before shipping because he'll be in Europe, I said sure. Then he asked if I wouldn't mind shipping the prints to his European address through the eBay Global Shipping Program. I don't use this program for my international shipments and I'm not sure how I would add it to the already closed listings. He said he can send me the GSP address with a reference number. Anyway, I don't know if this is a sketchy thing or normal for someone to ask and I also don't know if it's possible. Anyone know how to do this?
Ive sold many things using Ebays GSP and their fees are HIGH... If you want to use the GSP refund the purchase and have them buy it with the proper address in Europe so they get an accurate cost... I would not trust a Reference # given to me by the buyer... The label does print with a reference number on it for when it arrives to ebay in Kentucky but I don't know how that # could possibly be generated by the buyer... that seems sketchy to me... I would probably try and just convince them to wait the 10 days until they get back to the US before shipping... GL
parlow
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:00 am

bigmuls wrote:I just negotiated the sale of 4 prints through best offer on eBay and the buyer said he would pay now, but asked if I could wait 10 days before shipping because he'll be in Europe, I said sure. Then he asked if I wouldn't mind shipping the prints to his European address through the eBay Global Shipping Program. I don't use this program for my international shipments and I'm not sure how I would add it to the already closed listings. He said he can send me the GSP address with a reference number. Anyway, I don't know if this is a sketchy thing or normal for someone to ask and I also don't know if it's possible. Anyone know how to do this?
Just wait and ship it to the US address.
bigmuls
Art Expert

Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:05 am

Thanks @Parlow @Jpup
bigmuls
Art Expert

Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:06 pm

Does anyone know if selling rock posters works better and gets more exposure/sales in the Art Prints category or in the category for the particular band?