The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby halftonegraphics on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:25 pm

butter80 wrote:Wow-Just had an EBay account suspended for selling outside of eBay. Thought I was toast but lucky smoothed it over with the agent. Won't do that again... :hanging:



they are cracking down on it. its was one of the major notes on one of their latest memos/messages.
User avatar
halftonegraphics
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 14817
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:10 pm
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral

Postby Codeblue on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:49 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:
Philpenn wrote:Italy has an atrocious reputation, but all went fine the one time I sent there. LPs if it matters.


Thanks dude
that's what I thought I read from Blue on here in the past

can't take a chance on this kind of cash

Wasn't me. Neva had a problem shipping to Italy.
User avatar
Codeblue
Art God
 
Status: Active
Posts: 46452
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby bubbie on Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:36 am

Codeblue wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:
Philpenn wrote:Italy has an atrocious reputation, but all went fine the one time I sent there. LPs if it matters.

Thanks dude
that's what I thought I read from Blue on here in the past
can't take a chance on this kind of cash

Wasn't me. Neva had a problem shipping to Italy.

I have never sold anything to anyone in Italy, but I bought fudge twice and both were horrendous experiences. #neveragain

In person, Italy is awesome though.
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2525
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Postby Grateful69Phish on Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:41 am

Person is already throwing red flags asking if I'm going to pay the import taxes :lol:

I know there was some previous chatter in here about the postal system being poop
User avatar
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 11106
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:41 pm
Location: Nirvana

Postby IWish on Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:52 am

Grateful69Phish wrote:I know there was some previous chatter in here about the postal system being poop


There was...I remember that too. Think it was something flaky about their Customs.
User avatar
IWish
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 8539
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 12:23 am
If you need weights to flatten posters. Make your own using penny rolls - it's inexpensive. Just throw them into a ziplock or something similar. Non-organic and there is no risk getting an infestation (grain bugs).

Postby theperfecttree on Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:38 pm

Why is this a thing now? :evil:

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (50.01 KiB) Viewed 384 times



halftonegraphics wrote:
butter80 wrote:Wow-Just had an EBay account suspended for selling outside of eBay. Thought I was toast but lucky smoothed it over with the agent. Won't do that again... :hanging:

they are cracking down on it. its was one of the major notes on one of their latest memos/messages.

I received a warning about this a few months back after someone asked for an email address and I closed the listing a few days later.
User avatar
theperfecttree
EB Team
 
Status: Active
Posts: 6295
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:04 am
Location: Austin, TX

Postby padelimike on Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:28 pm

theperfecttree wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:
butter80 wrote:Wow-Just had an EBay account suspended for selling outside of eBay. Thought I was toast but lucky smoothed it over with the agent. Won't do that again... :hanging:

they are cracking down on it. its was one of the major notes on one of their latest memos/messages.

I received a warning about this a few months back after someone asked for an email address and I closed the listing a few days later.

I just tell people "not here - find me somewhere else"
If they can't find me, I probably don't want to sell to them anyway.
User avatar
padelimike
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 785
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:16 am

Postby RottenAtom on Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:01 pm

Received my showcard back in the mail today with very very minor 'marks' on it. Case was closed too and I got to keep my money 8)
User avatar
RottenAtom
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 13587
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:51 am
Location: Houston, TX
Image

Postby Vorpel on Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:54 pm

padelimike wrote:
theperfecttree wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:
butter80 wrote:Wow-Just had an EBay account suspended for selling outside of eBay. Thought I was toast but lucky smoothed it over with the agent. Won't do that again... :hanging:

they are cracking down on it. its was one of the major notes on one of their latest memos/messages.

I received a warning about this a few months back after someone asked for an email address and I closed the listing a few days later.

I just tell people "not here - find me somewhere else"
If they can't find me, I probably don't want to sell to them anyway.



Great advice. Thanks
Vorpel
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:12 pm

Postby ccsmd598 on Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:31 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:So a guy bought a print from me in CA. In my listing description I made it a point that the print would be sent USPS priority with signature confirmation/insured. Print got delivered over a week and go and dude still hasn't picked it up. I sent him two messages already with no responses. If this guy doesn't pick up the print and it gets sent back to me is the whole transaction void?



Update!

So the buyer had to reschedule delivery by July 8th or it was getting sent back to me. I ended up sending him 3 total messages in the last two weeks with no responses.

Two days ago I said drymount it and rescheduled the delivery myself for today, figuring Saturday would be the best chance of getting him at home. When I reschedule the shipping on USPS I left a note under special instructions that said "Please knock loudly, hard of hearing".

Delivered with recipient this afternoon lol
User avatar
ccsmd598
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 672
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 5:33 pm
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!

Postby virtualj on Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:13 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:So a guy bought a print from me in CA. In my listing description I made it a point that the print would be sent USPS priority with signature confirmation/insured. Print got delivered over a week and go and dude still hasn't picked it up. I sent him two messages already with no responses. If this guy doesn't pick up the print and it gets sent back to me is the whole transaction void?



Update!

So the buyer had to reschedule delivery by July 8th or it was getting sent back to me. I ended up sending him 3 total messages in the last two weeks with no responses.

Two days ago I said drymount it and rescheduled the delivery myself for today, figuring Saturday would be the best chance of getting him at home. When I reschedule the shipping on USPS I left a note under special instructions that said "Please knock loudly, hard of hearing".

Delivered with recipient this afternoon lol

That's amazing. Nicely done!
User avatar
virtualj
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 403
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:11 pm
I donate anonymously.

Postby letstalkprints on Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:41 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:
Philpenn wrote:Italy has an atrocious reputation, but all went fine the one time I sent there. LPs if it matters.


If you stay in the Expresso Beans location then shipping to Italy is a breeze!
letstalkprints
Art Enthusiast
 
Status: Active
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:09 pm
You're a troll. You're not making any contribution to the thread, you're a troll. We're guessing who trolls are. You know most users who only make jokes without trying to help are trolls? - Well I'm going home alright? EB's playing with its new guys.

Postby Grateful69Phish on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:31 am

International transactions are always a trip
got a wild one in amsterdam
User avatar
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 11106
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:41 pm
Location: Nirvana

Previous

Return to Anything Goes



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests