The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby halftonegraphics on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:25 pm

butter80 wrote:Wow-Just had an EBay account suspended for selling outside of eBay. Thought I was toast but lucky smoothed it over with the agent. Won't do that again... :hanging:

they are cracking down on it. its was one of the major notes on one of their latest memos/messages.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral

Postby Codeblue on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:49 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:
Philpenn wrote:Italy has an atrocious reputation, but all went fine the one time I sent there. LPs if it matters.

Thanks dude
that's what I thought I read from Blue on here in the past

can't take a chance on this kind of cash

Wasn't me. Neva had a problem shipping to Italy.
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby bubbie on Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:36 am

Codeblue wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:
Philpenn wrote:Italy has an atrocious reputation, but all went fine the one time I sent there. LPs if it matters.

Thanks dude
that's what I thought I read from Blue on here in the past
can't take a chance on this kind of cash

Wasn't me. Neva had a problem shipping to Italy.

I have never sold anything to anyone in Italy, but I bought fudge twice and both were horrendous experiences. #neveragain

In person, Italy is awesome though.
bubbie
Art Expert

Postby Grateful69Phish on Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:41 am

Person is already throwing red flags asking if I'm going to pay the import taxes :lol:

I know there was some previous chatter in here about the postal system being poop
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Postby IWish on Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:52 am

Grateful69Phish wrote:I know there was some previous chatter in here about the postal system being poop

There was...I remember that too. Think it was something flaky about their Customs.
IWish
Art Expert

Postby theperfecttree on Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:38 pm

Why is this a thing now? :evil:

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (50.01 KiB) Viewed 787 times

halftonegraphics wrote:
butter80 wrote:Wow-Just had an EBay account suspended for selling outside of eBay. Thought I was toast but lucky smoothed it over with the agent. Won't do that again... :hanging:

they are cracking down on it. its was one of the major notes on one of their latest memos/messages.

I received a warning about this a few months back after someone asked for an email address and I closed the listing a few days later.
theperfecttree
EB Team

Postby padelimike on Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:28 pm

theperfecttree wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:

I received a warning about this a few months back after someone asked for an email address and I closed the listing a few days later.

I just tell people "not here - find me somewhere else"
If they can't find me, I probably don't want to sell to them anyway.
padelimike
Art Connoisseur

Postby RottenAtom on Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:01 pm

Received my showcard back in the mail today with very very minor 'marks' on it. Case was closed too and I got to keep my money 8)
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby Vorpel on Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:54 pm

padelimike wrote:
theperfecttree wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:

I just tell people "not here - find me somewhere else"
If they can't find me, I probably don't want to sell to them anyway.

Great advice. Thanks
Vorpel
Art Connoisseur

Postby ccsmd598 on Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:31 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:So a guy bought a print from me in CA. In my listing description I made it a point that the print would be sent USPS priority with signature confirmation/insured. Print got delivered over a week and go and dude still hasn't picked it up. I sent him two messages already with no responses. If this guy doesn't pick up the print and it gets sent back to me is the whole transaction void?

Update!

So the buyer had to reschedule delivery by July 8th or it was getting sent back to me. I ended up sending him 3 total messages in the last two weeks with no responses.

Two days ago I said drymount it and rescheduled the delivery myself for today, figuring Saturday would be the best chance of getting him at home. When I reschedule the shipping on USPS I left a note under special instructions that said "Please knock loudly, hard of hearing".

Delivered with recipient this afternoon lol
ccsmd598
Art Connoisseur

Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!

Postby virtualj on Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:13 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:So a guy bought a print from me in CA. In my listing description I made it a point that the print would be sent USPS priority with signature confirmation/insured. Print got delivered over a week and go and dude still hasn't picked it up. I sent him two messages already with no responses. If this guy doesn't pick up the print and it gets sent back to me is the whole transaction void?

Update!

So the buyer had to reschedule delivery by July 8th or it was getting sent back to me. I ended up sending him 3 total messages in the last two weeks with no responses.

Two days ago I said drymount it and rescheduled the delivery myself for today, figuring Saturday would be the best chance of getting him at home. When I reschedule the shipping on USPS I left a note under special instructions that said "Please knock loudly, hard of hearing".

Delivered with recipient this afternoon lol

That's amazing. Nicely done!
virtualj
Art Connoisseur

I donate anonymously.

Postby letstalkprints on Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:41 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:

If you stay in the Expresso Beans location then shipping to Italy is a breeze!
letstalkprints
Art Enthusiast

You're a troll. You're not making any contribution to the thread, you're a troll. We're guessing who trolls are. You know most users who only make jokes without trying to help are trolls? - Well I'm going home alright? EB's playing with its new guys.

Postby Grateful69Phish on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:31 am

International transactions are always a trip
got a wild one in amsterdam
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Postby turnJBup on Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:52 pm

Block this piece of fudge.
wildwes2123

Buys item three weeks ago.
I open a non payer claim.
Says he will finally pay it if I pay the shipping.
turnJBup
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 pm

so guy buys item, hasn't paid in 48 hours. told him bid would be cancelled after 48 hours.

filed unpaid item case... am I safe to relist?

*edit - I know unpaid item case can take up to a month to resolve, and I'm fine sitting on item. but figured i'd see what others have experienced in this situation.
cotis
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes