EB Houston

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby dol3 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:58 pm

Saw The Raid: Redemption on Saturday at the Sundance Theater downtown. Movie was about as pure action as it gets, and was very visceral/entertaining. Definitely one to catch in the theaters if you can. Now hoping this gets a Mondo print in the future at sometime.

The Sundance theater was excellent with nice seating, and an excellent screen. The amenity fee was kinda dumb, and the food choices weren't the best, but still worth checking out.

BTW, anyone going to the Juan of the Dead screening tommorrow at the Alamo Oaks?
dol3
Art Connoisseur

Postby RottenAtom on Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:36 am

dol3 wrote:Saw The Raid: Redemption on Saturday at the Sundance Theater downtown. Movie was about as pure action as it gets, and was very visceral/entertaining. Definitely one to catch in the theaters if you can. Now hoping this gets a Mondo print in the future at sometime.

Glad it's in Houston. I'm gonna have to make my way downtown on my next day off :pint:

Rear Window at River Oaks was awesome! Classic movies are even better in the old theater. We hit up Star Pizza beforehand and had a good time. Thunder, I checked for Erik but he had the night off.

We'll have to plan a proper meetup sooner or later. Problem is, finding a good time/place for everybody. I've got a wacky schedule myself.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby KrashKontrol on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:50 pm

BTW, anyone going to the Juan of the Dead screening tommorrow at the Alamo Oaks?

The Q and A with the director was fun, hope the Houston Drafthouses keep doing these things, the need to show The Raid.
KrashKontrol
Art Connoisseur

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby rubenjleal on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:24 am

RottenAtom wrote:I'm from Kalamazoo, Michigan. Spent 19 years up north, 5 years in Dallas and 6 in Houston. I'm used to -10 not 110 :lol:

Holy shiznit, you're from Kalamazoo? I've got a couple good friends that are from there that are here in Austin. You by chance dont know any of the Crosslin or Pifer family do ya? I hear its small town living out in those parts.
rubenjleal
Art Connoisseur

ISO: Stout Revenge of the Jedi
ISO: Slater Occasional Acid Flashback variant
ISO: Ansin Moon (reg)

Postby RottenAtom on Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:37 am

rubenjleal wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:I'm from Kalamazoo, Michigan. Spent 19 years up north, 5 years in Dallas and 6 in Houston. I'm used to -10 not 110 :lol:

Holy shiznit, you're from Kalamazoo? I've got a couple good friends that are from there that are here in Austin. You by chance dont know any of the Crosslin or Pifer family do ya? I hear its small town living out in those parts.

Yup, from Kzoo :pint: Home of Bell's Beer, Derek Jeter and a shitload of great pizza places. I don't think I know any Crosslins or Pifers.

It's a college town, great place to grow up. Lots of artistic folks there. Western Michigan University brings in a lot of the population and it's a little more quiet in the summer. The "student ghetto" is an area near downtown full of old houses rented out to college kids. Lots of killer parties there. Definitely smaller than Houston or Austin but not really small town living unless you drive out of the city (which doesn't take long).

Do your friends go to Mondo events?
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby RottenAtom on Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:39 am

KrashKontrol wrote:

The Q and A with the director was fun, hope the Houston Drafthouses keep doing these things, the need to show The Raid.

How was the movie?
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby rubenjleal on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:38 am

RottenAtom wrote:
rubenjleal wrote:

Yup, from Kzoo :pint: Home of Bell's Beer, Derek Jeter and a shitload of great pizza places. I don't think I know any Crosslins or Pifers.

It's a college town, great place to grow up. Lots of artistic folks there. Western Michigan University brings in a lot of the population and it's a little more quiet in the summer. The "student ghetto" is an area near downtown full of old houses rented out to college kids. Lots of killer parties there. Definitely smaller than Houston or Austin but not really small town living unless you drive out of the city (which doesn't take long).

Do your friends go to Mondo events?

No. Been trying to get one of em to go since he's a big movie fan but never works out.
rubenjleal
Art Connoisseur

ISO: Stout Revenge of the Jedi
ISO: Slater Occasional Acid Flashback variant
ISO: Ansin Moon (reg)

Postby KrashKontrol on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:24 pm

RottenAtom wrote:
KrashKontrol wrote:

How was the movie?

It's pretty good, not quite Shaun of the Dead but worth checking out.
KrashKontrol
Art Connoisseur

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby rmoore on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:25 pm

RottenAtom wrote:
Yup, from Kzoo :pint: Home of Bell's Beer,

:drool:
rmoore
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:28 pm

yum.jpg
yum.jpg (57.65 KiB) Viewed 543 times
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby theperfecttree on Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:03 am

Hey houston crowd... I came across this in my search for a flat file on CL for $150.. from the picture it looks massive...

http://houston.craigslist.org/bfs/2937830258.html

*edit: added pictures (ps this is not mine)
theperfecttree
EB Team

Postby mike123230 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:38 pm

Who's planning on seeing CiTW this weekend?
mike123230
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:39 pm

mike123230 wrote:Who's planning on seeing CiTW this weekend?

Read my mind. A few of us were talking about getting together and seeing a late show on Saturday. I gotta work until 8. Where would you guys prefer to see it?
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby mike123230 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:04 am

RottenAtom wrote:

Read my mind. A few of us were talking about getting together and seeing a late show on Saturday. I gotta work until 8. Where would you guys prefer to see it?

How late? We hadn't gotten around to making real plans this weekend...but apparently my fiance was talking to some friends about meeting up Saturday night...but I have no idea what's going on with that.
mike123230
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:59 am

mike123230 wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:

How late? We hadn't gotten around to making real plans this weekend...but apparently my fiance was talking to some friends about meeting up Saturday night...but I have no idea what's going on with that.

Anytime after 930 or 10 would work. Midnight show is cool too. I'm sure it's gonna be crowded all over so we'll wanna get there early.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes