EB Houston

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby RottenAtom on Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:45 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:Houston homies, it's time we organize another meetup! I'm thinking Barry's Pizza on a Thursday or Friday night. Who all is interested?

I'm be down. I've never had Barry's but I retract my earlier comment. Frank's pizza is better than Luigi's in my opinion.

I had Frank's last night. Always good. I never mention it when I talk about my favorite pizza places in Houston, but it always hits the spot.

Actually heading to Barry's right now :pint:
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:08 am

RottenAtom wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:Houston homies, it's time we organize another meetup! I'm thinking Barry's Pizza on a Thursday or Friday night. Who all is interested?

I'm be down. I've never had Barry's but I retract my earlier comment. Frank's pizza is better than Luigi's in my opinion.

I had Frank's last night. Always good. I never mention it when I talk about my favorite pizza places in Houston, but it always hits the spot.

Are you sad that it's now just called deep dish at Barrys?!
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:29 am

Cinlabyrinth wrote:Are you sad that it's now just called deep dish at Barrys?!

Nah, but I heard that the people of Sicily are pissed :lol:
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:38 am

:lol:
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:01 am

RottenAtom wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:

It definitely hits the spot. The best I've had since moving here. Only problem is parking is a nightmare.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:45 am

^
Ah, gotchya. Frank's is never my main destination, but I always stop in when I'm in the area for a movie or a play. Grabbed a couple slices before Alfred Hitchcock's The 39 Steps at the Alley Theatre (highly recommended - super fun/hilarious show).

As far as the meetup, we'll shoot for a Friday in the near future. Let me check out some things and pick a date. I'm pretty sure most of the usual suspects will be there (Rubberneck, dol3, MonteAlderaan). Mike123230, you should come out. Been awhile!
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:52 am

Did y'all see there's going to be a live symphony screening of Rear Window at Alamo on October 6? Then based on the description on that page, sounds like they'll have one for Psycho on October 27?

IDK, sounds like maybe they got the descriptions or symphony performances mixed up, one of those should be cool though~

https://drafthouse.com/houston/show/hou ... ear-window
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:55 am

^
I think Rear Window is a regular screening and Psycho has a live score. Really want to see Psycho. Gonna track down that publicist and try to wrangle some press passes.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:56 am

Cool. I see they finally got The Untamed on the schedule for one screening. I've literally been waiting since last FF to see that one.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:07 am

Cinlabyrinth wrote:Cool. I see they finally got The Untamed on the schedule for one screening. I've literally been waiting since last FF to see that one.

Getting hyped for FF? I haven't dove into the first wave announcements yet. The excitement for the fest is really kicking in though.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:10 am

RottenAtom wrote:
Cinlabyrinth wrote:Cool. I see they finally got The Untamed on the schedule for one screening. I've literally been waiting since last FF to see that one.

Getting hyped for FF? I haven't dove into the first wave announcements yet. The excitement for the fest is really kicking in though.

Yuuuuup. I'm trying to keep it all contained. The hype is real, though. Last year I was all gungho about the announcements, this year I know it's basically all good to amazing so the announcements are not as relevant in regards to content. All the movies I saw last year were legit, even a couple of the lesser midnight ones gave me some good value for the time of day/night. All the announcements are doing is letting me know it's real and it's soon
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby rubberneck on Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:29 am

RottenAtom wrote:^
I think Rear Window is a regular screening and Psycho has a live score. Really want to see Psycho. Gonna track down that publicist and try to wrangle some press passes.

I can take the pics... 8)
rubberneck
Art God

Postby Irishman12 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:22 pm

Cinlabyrinth wrote:Did y'all see there's going to be a live symphony screening of Rear Window at Alamo on October 6? Then based on the description on that page, sounds like they'll have one for Psycho on October 27?

IDK, sounds like maybe they got the descriptions or symphony performances mixed up, one of those should be cool though~

https://drafthouse.com/houston/show/hou ... ear-window

You're correct but the Psycho screening is not at the Drafthouse, it's at the Houston Symphony. Tickets are between $35-$125

http://www.houstonsymphony.org/tickets/production/detail?id=8339
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby jrsheppa on Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:21 am

Just moved to town. Howdy.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:25 pm

jrsheppa wrote:Just moved to town. Howdy.

Welcome! I'll be swinging by to visit my old darlin' Battle :pint:
RottenAtom
Art Freak

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes