EB Houston

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby RottenAtom on Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:51 am

rubberneck wrote:We survived without flooding into house, right to door. No power tho, neighbors are pulling together and we get phone charges and eat at their place. Got leak under control and a bit of wet carpet was all that occured.

Unfortunately mike123230 has flooded. :hanging: Seen his place on FB. If he pops in here, I'll be available to help him gut the place. Hit me up. No work until next week.

Volunteering and donations are key now. Anyone here or nearby, please see if you can assist.

Thanks for concern and messages over the last few days here and FB. We feel very grateful right now, so many are in dire circumstances.

Just saw this. Glad you guys are okay.

Damn, that sucks for Mike! Best wishes to him and the fam. I wonder how much of the collection is left. So sorry man. (Gotta hear the full story- I've always been curious what folks would do regarding their prints during an emergency that could claim them all.)

My wife was out of town at a conference. They drove and got stranded coming back because all of the roads were flooded, falling apart, or closed. She should finally be here in a little bit. I can't wait.

I have to say, I'm very impressed with the way people are coming together to help out after the storm. I'm the point of contact for the non-profit I work at's Hurricane Harvey relief efforts, and my office phone has been getting hammered for the last few days. People everywhere from Phoenix to South Carolina have been donating time, supplies, food, and money, and just looking to help out and show support any way they can.

I had a little water in my truck and it made it stink like mildew. After a couple days of disinfecting and drying I'm happy to say that it's gone. fudge was hella stinky and I thought it might be there forever.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby RambosRemodeler on Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:10 am

#prayersforadamstruck
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.

Postby RottenAtom on Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:29 am

#blessed
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby Codeblue on Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:36 pm

Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby Irishman12 on Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:21 pm

RottenAtom wrote:I had a little water in my truck and it made it stink like mildew. After a couple days of disinfecting and drying I'm happy to say that it's gone. fudge was hella stinky and I thought it might be there forever.

What did you use as I got a little water in my car and I'm trying to avoid the same thing? I used a wet/dry vac on it twice to dry it as much as I could. Been leaving the windows rolled down to help get the smell out.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:29 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:I had a little water in my truck and it made it stink like mildew. After a couple days of disinfecting and drying I'm happy to say that it's gone. fudge was hella stinky and I thought it might be there forever.

What did you use as I got a little water in my car and I'm trying to avoid the same thing? I used a wet/dry vac on it twice to dry it as much as I could. Been leaving the windows rolled down to help get the smell out.

I soaked up the water where I could with paper towels. Let it sit with the windows down in the sun for a day. Sprayed some disinfectant they had at work on the seats and wet areas. I left the windows down the day after that too and it seems to be gone. I'm not sure what kind of disinfectant it was. They were using it at work so I borrowed the can overnight. I'm not sure if it helped or not. I'll be back to work on Tuesday and can tell you what it was then.

It was a very little bit of water for me. The floor had a little bit, the drivers seat was a touch damp and there was a little puddle in the back, bottom corner of the truck cabin. I had to stick my hand under the plastic panel surrounding the inside of the truck and sop it up. I kept thinking it was all gone as it would feel dry then the puddle would fill back up again. I'm not sure where it was coming from. fudge smelled rancid. I actually had the thought, 'Is that it for this truck?'
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby rubberneck on Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:40 pm

RottenAtom wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:

I soaked up the water where I could with paper towels. Let it sit with the windows down in the sun for a day. Sprayed some disinfectant they had at work on the seats and wet areas. I left the windows down the day after that too and it seems to be gone. I'm not sure what kind of disinfectant it was. They were using it at work so I borrowed the can overnight. I'm not sure if it helped or not. I'll be back to work on Tuesday and can tell you what it was then.

It was a very little bit of water for me. The floor had a little bit, the drivers seat was a touch damp and there was a little puddle in the back, bottom corner of the truck cabin. I had to stick my hand under the plastic panel surrounding the inside of the truck and sop it up. I kept thinking it was all gone as it would feel dry then the puddle would fill back up again. I'm not sure where it was coming from. fudge smelled rancid. I actually had the thought, 'Is that it for this truck?'

Hope you got your shots! 8)

Mike has already gutted his house and trashed most everything inside. Place looks like a war zone unfortunately. All that overflow is chock full of chemicals and bacteria. He's taking no risks with it on a rebuild.

Might be worth getting underneath truck to see if any pockets of water exist or putting it out in direct sun and wind for a while. Glad to hear engine wasn't affected.
rubberneck
Art God

Postby Irishman12 on Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:02 pm

RottenAtom wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:

I got some in the front and back of the car. When you pressed down on the floorboard water would come up. Before I vacuumed it was dry both times but afterwards it was damp. I'm hoping I got it all. The car isn't even a year old and I was told that with the newer cars, a lot of the electrical components are under the car now (not sure if my car was designed that way or not). But yeah, when you have a moment if you could let me know if the name of the disinfectant I would appreciate it!
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby jrsheppa on Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:28 pm

Sucks about Mike. We were lucky, we are in Montrose which didnt get any flooding and are on the ninth floor of a high rise building. From what I have heard about Katrina, it was equivalent to being in the French Quarter, which saw no damage and no one even knew that the levees broke.

My in-laws house in Spring had water damage though. Only barely came in one night for a couple hours before receding. Still enough to require them to gut all the flooring and carpet. I feel terrible for them; its newly built and they closed on the house less than 30 days ago.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:04 pm

Irishman12 wrote: But yeah, when you have a moment if you could let me know if the name of the disinfectant I would appreciate it!

Hi, just thought about this... The stuff I used is from Reliable Brand. It's called Citrus Scent Disinfectant Spray.

Did you have any luck?

RN- What's that beret thing on your avatar?
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby iwokeinrelief on Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:29 pm

RottenAtom wrote:RN- What's that beret thing on your avatar?

Context starts about halfway down the page: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=142793&start=38295
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:44 pm

iwokeinrelief wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:RN- What's that beret thing on your avatar?

Context starts about halfway down the page: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=142793&start=38295

Ah, I see... he fancy now.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby fredo on Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:48 pm

That's freedomneck to you, pal.
fredo
Art God

just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby mike123230 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:48 pm

flooding sucks. full stop.
mike123230
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:01 pm

RottenAtom wrote:
Irishman12 wrote: But yeah, when you have a moment if you could let me know if the name of the disinfectant I would appreciate it!

Hi, just thought about this... The stuff I used is from Reliable Brand. It's called Citrus Scent Disinfectant Spray.

Did you have any luck?

Thanks! So far I haven't had any problems (knock on wood). I took a shop vac to it a couple of times and left the windows either completely down or at least cracked for about a week and sprayed some Lysol in it. That's about it up to this point and I haven't noticed anything bad with it. But just to be on the safe side I'm going to get the car washed and the interior cleaned probably this weekend.
Irishman12
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes