EB Houston

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:36 am

Safe travels through the floods Houstonians :spocth2:
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:06 pm

My wife and her mom/sister were driving back from Dallas yesterday evening. They've been flooded in at a gas station, about 30 minutes away, in North Houston since last night.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby Diabolos80 on Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:16 pm

We all stayed home today. Watching the news and it's bad out there. My mom, brother, and mother-and-sister-in-law are all flooded in at work. My grandma has rising water 4 feet from her house.
News showed one guy who drove into deep water and when he opened the door to get out, the freaking car sank!
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Postby shredkeenan on Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:30 pm

At work, regretting it. NO ONE else is here. Didn't seem so bad at 5:00 am. Dreading the drive home, but I'll be happy as long as I can make it.
shredkeenan
Art Connoisseur

Postby IWish on Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:45 pm

If it's too bad to drive home...maybe get a room for the night at a hotel that's close? You don't need me to tell you that flash-flooding is serious stuff.
IWish
Art Expert

If you need weights to flatten posters. Make your own using penny rolls - it's inexpensive. Just throw them into a ziplock or something similar. Non-organic and there is no risk getting an infestation (grain bugs).

Postby Diabolos80 on Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:02 pm

Take one part clueless driver, one part 6 foot flood, and one part annoyed reporter, mix well. Spoiler: the car disappears.
http://jalopnik.com/watch-this-annoyed- ... 1771566501

Favorite comment: buying a Honda Insight is still the worst decision he's ever made, a problem solved by the second worst decision he's ever made. :lol:
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:14 pm

Happy to say that my wife and her fam were able to make it to my mother-in-law's house in Katy. Now that they're safe, fully enjoying this rainy day (love days like this!!)... Just finished The NeverEnding Story. Wish I had a box of donuts.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby 1000steps on Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:49 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:Take one part clueless driver, one part 6 foot flood, and one part annoyed reporter, mix well. Spoiler: the car disappears.

Favorite comment: buying a Honda Insight is still the worst decision he's ever made, a problem solved by the second worst decision he's ever made. :lol:

my favorite part is how the driver turns on his headlights and windshield wipers AFTER the car is already underwater...dude...lol

stay dry, or at least safe out there, Houstonians
1000steps
Art Expert

sunsetbrew wrote:This thread is pointless.

Postby RambosRemodeler on Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:51 pm

RottenAtom wrote:Happy to say that my wife and her fam were able to make it to my mother-in-law's house in Katy. Now that they're safe, fully enjoying this rainy day (love days like this!!)... Just finished The NeverEnding Story. Wish I had a box of donuts.

Happy to hear it :clap:

Hope everyone stays safe and dry. You guys are getting pounded. I hope it doesn't make its way down here
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:04 pm

1000steps wrote:
Diabolos80 wrote:Take one part clueless driver, one part 6 foot flood, and one part annoyed reporter, mix well. Spoiler: the car disappears.

my favorite part is how the driver turns on his headlights and windshield wipers AFTER the car is already underwater...dude...lol

stay dry, or at least safe out there, Houstonians

I enjoyed that too when I saw it live this morning. I imagine they are automated lights and wipers so when jackhole's car starts to sink they go off. I also love how befuddled he looks as he is swimming out is car window. You live in Houston, it rained a lot, you are driving into an underpass. Do the math you history professor.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby 1000steps on Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:23 am

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:I imagine they are automated lights and wipers so when jackhole's car starts to sink they go off. I also love how befuddled he looks as he is swimming out is car window. You live in Houston, it rained a lot, you are driving into an underpass. Do the math you history professor.

Hadn't thought of automatic wipers/lights. That makes sense. I figured it was the panic talking.

Also worth noting he was driving an 'Insight'...ha...I think the car has more than he does.
1000steps
Art Expert

sunsetbrew wrote:This thread is pointless.

Postby mike123230 on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:04 pm

good times? Everyone OK? I'm out in meyerland and there was some flooding again, but all my family survived it again unscathed (very fortunately).
mike123230
Art Expert

Postby rubberneck on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:09 pm

mike123230 wrote:good times? Everyone OK? I'm out in meyerland and there was some flooding again, but all my family survived it again unscathed (very fortunately).

Water in garage and crept towards door. Had sandbags down but it receded at about 8am. Was wondering about you, knowing your area got hit hard, great to hear you survived.

Took a walk out to Rice and 610 frontage around 11am yesterday saw a few flooded cars and messed up properties. Another few hours and we would have been in trouble.

Glad it's passed.
rubberneck
Art God

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:26 pm

Glad you're all okay! Especially you Mike, didn't know you were on that side of town but it looked troubling over there.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby Diabolos80 on Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:00 pm

Glad everyone made it through okay. Lord knows we've had plenty of practice living through flash floods. We didn't get too much of it this time out in my neck, but my family in the loop got plenty. Fortunately they're all okay and escaped with minimal property damage.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes