LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:14 pm

jmagee87 wrote:WEll that backorder didn't last long. They shipped it already! Should have it on Tuesday
Nice! that is when mine is set to arrive too!
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
Snowboarder37918
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:11 am

Nice!!! Congrats to you both! The quick fill on the back order gives me hope that they will put more on sale!
jamel-d
Art Freak

Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:17 am

Waiting for more stock. :(
edgar
Art Expert

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:52 am

jamel-d wrote:Waiting for more stock. :(

Karma will make sure that you get yours :)
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:46 am

jamel-d wrote:Waiting for more stock. :(
Me too!

:(

Still trying to figure out where I'm going to display it, so a delay is probably good.
lemtar999
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:58 am

I wanted the new Millennium Falcon till I saw it at the Lego store. Its amazing in person but the thing is huuuuuuuuge and i just dont have the space for it.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:26 pm

lemtar999 wrote:I wanted the new Millennium Falcon till I saw it at the Lego store. Its amazing in person but the thing is huuuuuuuuge and i just dont have the space for it.
LOL this weekend I spent a few hours building a shelf to sit on top of the flat file specifically for displaying the falcon. I'll have to post pics of it later, thinking of covering it in baseplates on top
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
Deadareus
Art Expert

Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 am

starkdesign wrote:
lemtar999 wrote:I wanted the new Millennium Falcon till I saw it at the Lego store. Its amazing in person but the thing is huuuuuuuuge and i just dont have the space for it.
LOL this weekend I spent a few hours building a shelf to sit on top of the flat file specifically for displaying the falcon. I'll have to post pics of it later, thinking of covering it in baseplates on top
If by baseplates you mean "baseplates covered in black tiles to simulate the Death Star hangar"... I fully endorse this idea. :D

Shipping status on my order says "waiting on new stock".
starkdesign
Art Expert

Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:37 am

Deadareus wrote:
starkdesign wrote:
If by baseplates you mean "baseplates covered in black tiles to simulate the Death Star hangar"... I fully endorse this idea. :D
OOooooooo yes. I was wondering what style I would eventually make it, love that coffee table concept with it under the glass, but damn that must have cost a fortune to replicate lol. might start looking for tiles I have lying around now...great idea!
wait a sec... didn't you get your order in BEFORE me dude?! :?
Deadareus
Art Expert

Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:46 am

starkdesign wrote:
Deadareus wrote:
starkdesign wrote:
OOooooooo yes. I was wondering what style I would eventually make it, love that coffee table concept with it under the glass, but damn that must have cost a fortune to replicate lol. might start looking for tiles I have lying around now...great idea!
wait a sec... didn't you get your order in BEFORE me dude?! :?
I did. Odd for sure. Perhaps it has something to do with international shipping. Hopefully it'll ship soon.
agr719
Art Expert

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:07 pm

starkdesign wrote:
Deadareus wrote:
starkdesign wrote:
You should do this:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-0631/j ... /#comments

If I had the money and an order, I'd try to do this :pint:
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:28 pm

Oh man that would be awesome, just not sure I have all the parts for it...yet. ;)

here is the shelf, unfinished, on top of the ff as is right now. First step will be to get baseplates on it, and its an odd size so I can't just put 3x2 large gray ones on there. Really don't want to cut baseplates, so I might just use regular 1/3 thick plates instead, with black ones around the perimeter since they will be the only ones you can see...

starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:48 pm

The Falcon has landed.

(R2 minifig in front for scale)
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:47 pm

Luckyyyyyyyyyy
glenn1
Art Expert

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:14 pm

Nice. I'll have to live vicariously through this thread, gauging by the look from my wife after I mentioned the new $800 Lego set.