LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:29 am

For those that not only like building, but also wanna wear it proudly...

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men/ut-graphic-tees/lego
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:19 pm

Uniqlo t's are very comfy for those who've neva worn em.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:31 pm

whoa...not sure I would devote so much time and energy to episode 1, but this is sweet

Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
starkdesign
Art Expert

Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:49 pm

Word on the street is that the Tron ideas set is going to be released in April...
mobius006
Art Freak

Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:20 pm

that star wars thing is sick.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:11 pm

Just put the ship in a bottle set together...damn this thing is SLICK.

The bottom of the bottle is kind of annoying in the build process, but that was my only complaint. And its nice, they have a few breaks in the book to hold the model against so you know exactly how to position portions of it, otherwise the ship won't fit. nice touch.

:pint:
fanboy
Art Expert

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:01 am

I agree with you on the bottom of the bottle. But it looks great up on the mantle.

Also, I ordered the new deluxe Hulkbuster over the weekend. I'm excited to see that one finished.
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:03 am

Built the Shanghai skyline yesterday, man its impressive. Might be the most impressive one in the bunch now actually. The building on the far right is crazy cool how it twists, they did a great job with that one in particular! and the blue "bottle opener" next to it uses a piece I don't think I've experienced before...a plate that goes from 3 studs under to 2 on top? kind of like the 2 to 1 plate, but with an extra stud, lots of them too

mobius006
Art Freak

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:48 pm

Ship was a really fun build!
starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:32 pm

Broke down last night and bought the lego 21031 new version of the Burj Khalifa. Ugh. had a giftcard and found one in stock at BAM here, so figured it was fate. Looks like its taller than the prev one and more in line with newer stuff, just bothers me that I have two versions of the same building when there are soooooo many more buildings they haven't done yet.

but yeah, the first one with all the cylinders kinda sucked.

Anyone seen any shots of the new Architecture Statue of Liberty? curious how it will compare to the one they did 15 years ago or so...
edgar
Art Expert

Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:56 pm

I just want the Golden Gate Bridge already.
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:58 pm

edgar wrote:I just want the Golden Gate Bridge already.
Gotta get in line yo! First up is Vegas skyline (getting pushed back to remove Mandalay Bay now), and Great Wall of China, and Liberty.

What scale would the Golden Gate be? Can't see them doing the whole thing, maybe a section? similar to the Tower Bridge scale?
tourist504
Art Expert

Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:18 pm

starkdesign wrote:Broke down last night and bought the lego 21031 new version of the Burj Khalifa. Ugh. had a giftcard and found one in stock at BAM here, so figured it was fate. Looks like its taller than the prev one and more in line with newer stuff, just bothers me that I have two versions of the same building when there are soooooo many more buildings they haven't done yet.

but yeah, the first one with all the cylinders kinda sucked.

Anyone seen any shots of the new Architecture Statue of Liberty? curious how it will compare to the one they did 15 years ago or so...
The new Burj is great. Fun build. Yes, the cylinders one did suck.
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:37 pm

St Louis Arch would be a swift buy for me...
edgar
Art Expert

Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:33 pm

starkdesign wrote:
edgar wrote:I just want the Golden Gate Bridge already.
What scale would the Golden Gate be? Can't see them doing the whole thing, maybe a section? similar to the Tower Bridge scale?
Hopefully ginormous like that spidey bridge that was modded.
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!