LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:52 pm

LEGO Architecture Arc De Triomphe Building Kit (386 Piece)

Slight sale on Amazon ($31.99) usually $40

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0722 ... 44ca1cb1ee
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
chimpun
Art Expert

Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:38 pm

starkdesign wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:Anyone tried this for displaying the Falcon? I'm having trouble finding a large enough place to put it, but I can fit it on top of my desk and/or bookcase with this

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-10219/ ... /#comments
daaaaaaamn i am gonna have to look into making that...its just too good to not try. I would want it facing the other direction i think, but i can modify that i guess. bummer the landing gear has to be removed though... but still, thx for the link!
I checked it out quickly and it suggested a video of somebody's display of a bunch of UCSs and it looked like he (I'm assuming) made one in black and had it so the landing gear is still attached. I just looked at it quickly but I'll see if I can find it again later. Love the idea of the inclined display tho.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:29 pm

chimpun wrote:
starkdesign wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:Anyone tried this for displaying the Falcon? I'm having trouble finding a large enough place to put it, but I can fit it on top of my desk and/or bookcase with this

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-10219/ ... /#comments
daaaaaaamn i am gonna have to look into making that...its just too good to not try. I would want it facing the other direction i think, but i can modify that i guess. bummer the landing gear has to be removed though... but still, thx for the link!
I checked it out quickly and it suggested a video of somebody's display of a bunch of UCSs and it looked like he (I'm assuming) made one in black and had it so the landing gear is still attached. I just looked at it quickly but I'll see if I can find it again later. Love the idea of the inclined display tho.
I think I know which video you're talking about. I believe that's actually a metal stand he made that's covered in Lego bricks
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:00 am

The wife managed to find a few more boxes for the smalls we have in the mix, figured I would post them here too if anyone is curious what all is out there from years past:

Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
jamel-d
Art Freak

Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:50 am

Live build of the Joker Manor set.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:11 am

that sitting Santa is my favorite Christmas decoration - I put it on our mantle with the little Ginger Man from a year or two ago on his armrest.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:19 am

hunterjax wrote:that sitting Santa is my favorite Christmas decoration - I put it on our mantle with the little Ginger Man from a year or two ago on his armrest.
Nice! I love placing LEGO all down our mantle, but it usually gets super crowded and veto'd by the wife if I go too far lol so the past couple of years I've just stuck with a single piece on it. This guy:

Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
Creation88
Art Expert

Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:25 pm

SPOILER:

the 2018 modular is a 50s style diner. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCLFNo3SJIM

not in love with it as of now.
Creation88
Art Expert

Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:28 pm

hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:09 pm

starkdesign wrote:
hunterjax wrote:that sitting Santa is my favorite Christmas decoration - I put it on our mantle with the little Ginger Man from a year or two ago on his armrest.
Nice! I love placing LEGO all down our mantle, but it usually gets super crowded and veto'd by the wife if I go too far lol so the past couple of years I've just stuck with a single piece on it. This guy:

Was that a set or original creation? He's great!
relentlesskevin
Art Expert

Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:22 pm

My son turns 5 next week, he loves legos. He is atticted to 'lego ninjago' (tv show) and I have ordered a few sets for his bday and Christmas. He also does some of the smaller 'city' sets. Are there any other good sets for a boy his age that can keep him entertained?
charter
Art Expert

Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:47 am

Has the Black Friday in store ad been shown?

Or is it only the crap online?
Last edited by charter on Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lamarider
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:53 am

relentlesskevin wrote:My son turns 5 next week, he loves legos. He is atticted to 'lego ninjago' (tv show) and I have ordered a few sets for his bday and Christmas. He also does some of the smaller 'city' sets. Are there any other good sets for a boy his age that can keep him entertained?
That´s like asking if there are any screenprints out there that might be nice to have.

My kids love Nexo Knights, many sets on discount now, even the older ones are not very expensive on secondary market.
And you've seen the Jungle theme? He's gonna love that, I also think the Volcano sets are quite nice.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:40 pm

Have they really not restocked the Falcon in a month? I signed up for the VIP notification and haven't seen word one. :roll:
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
edgar
Art Expert

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:05 pm

KSUvet wrote:Have they really not restocked the Falcon in a month? I signed up for the VIP notification and haven't seen word one. :roll:

How do you feel about waiting for double points now?

:hanging:

Sold out worldwide until January.

Happy Holidays :)
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!