LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:25 pm

Awesome job jmagee87! :clap:

but man are you making me nervous, having that 25lb beast sitting on top of some glass over those prints!!! :shock: :D
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
jmagee87
Art Expert

Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:07 pm

Yeah I thought about that....living on the edge I guess
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
jamel-d
Art Freak

Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:16 pm

In Denmark, Lego House Is the New Kid on the Block

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/03/trav ... icle-click
starkdesign
Art Expert

Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:17 am

jamel-d wrote:In Denmark, Lego House Is the New Kid on the Block

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/03/trav ... icle-click
Man I would love to go visit that place...its on my list, along with that cool factory tour trip they do each year (if they still do it)! And don't forget to pick up that new LEGO House set with the new design in place
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
starkdesign
Art Expert

Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:32 am

Part 13 aka finishing out the back half "roofing" lol

This step in the process was kind of boring, just from the standpoint of finishing up those larger back pieces, this one was the minor half of that really. Not to say it was a bad part of the build, just ehh detail stuff and nothing too exciting really.

You start with the right side, creating the large "triangle" piece with the back right vent and a few details for that side. It snaps into place on two 2x2 plates with bars (48336) and is a tight fit, but it works. Here is a shot of it:

Then of course you shift focus to the hole on the left side. However, rather than another single large piece, you do it in two pieces. First you complete the tail end of it (the part with the lightsaber tubes and no vent), then you make the upper half of it with the vent. Here it is with the entire part in place:

And here is a detail shot showing that you can remove the upper portion of it so you can see into the ship, specifically the area featured in Episode 7 with Finn and Rey and BB8. Once again I have to reiterate, this is NOT a secured piece/section, so if you tried to hang this on the wall or suspend it from the ceiling, be sure to secure parts like this, otherwise they'll fall right out. (the back half of this is held against the middle spine with two ball joint pieces).

So here it is, the back half "complete" now! Time to start working on the front of this beast, and down to 4 parts left, whew!

KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:46 pm

Anyone want to bet that the Falcon is back in stock on th 26th or thereabouts? :roll:
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
schmoff
Art Expert

Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:50 pm

starkdesign wrote:
ImAMonster wrote:
tenaciousjack wrote:
starkdesign wrote:NYCC Attendees, you lucky bastards...

I'm going to NYCC on Friday. How limited is it? Is it correct to assume they'll sell out immediately?
I thought I read that they were being sold by lottery ticket. Not sure how one acquires the ticket though...
Yeah I think that'll be how they do it, usually is with SDCC etc.

Heard its $40 if you get the opportunity to purchase one, but then again, I also heard a rumor that the count of how many will be available is only around 200 total? :shock:
going rate is about $150 on these?
fanboy
Art Expert

Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:24 am

Looks like they can be had for around $100 on eBay.
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
edgar
Art Expert

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:31 pm

KSUvet wrote:Anyone want to bet that the Falcon is back in stock on th 26th or thereabouts? :roll:

Yes.
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:31 pm

Picked up 4 Nexo Knights sets (including the Fortrex), a medium sized Angry Birds set, and a small Friend's set from B&N clearance for like $130 this morning. My son loves the Nexo and Angry Bird sets.
dougr
Site Admin

Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:46 pm

The Occoquan Challenge, a head race rowing regatta, had a different course setup this year. the organizers made a LEGO mega-map to help participants understand the layout and significant landmarks :shock:

The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
Vorpel
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:07 pm

dougr wrote:The Occoquan Challenge, a head race rowing regatta, had a different course setup this year. the organizers made a LEGO mega-map to help participants understand the layout and significant landmarks :shock:

That is brilliant!
jmagee87
Art Expert

Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:36 pm

Shout out to my awesome NYC buddy for grabbing this for me

Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
tourist504
Art Expert

Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:38 am

Just got shipping notification for UCS Falcon. Finally...
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
chimpun
Art Expert

Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:24 pm

Just got an email to look out for an email from my local lego store for when they are back in stock. Giggity.

Hey Stark, where are the updates man?! I need a MF'in fix!