LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Deadareus
Art Expert

Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:57 pm

dwyutzey wrote:I soooo want the new Lego Unimog. This thing is insane. Just a little too old to justify it is all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ8oPh5QE-8
That thing is pretty awesome. I haven't checked into any of the technic stuff at all yet.
mobius006
Art Freak

Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:14 pm

I just got these for me and my GF

mobius006
Art Freak

Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:51 pm

Deadareus
Art Expert

Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:51 pm

I just placed an order for $180.

Couldn't resist the double VIP points coupled with free shipping.

I can't view that youtube vid mobius (blocked @ work). I like the architecture/shuttle purchases though. Well done.
mobius006
Art Freak

Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:59 pm

Deadareus wrote:I just placed an order for $180.

Couldn't resist the double VIP points coupled with free shipping.

I can't view that youtube vid mobius (blocked @ work). I like the architecture/shuttle purchases though. Well done.
Its a preview video for a like Big R2D2
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:05 pm

Deadareus wrote:
qotsa909 wrote:i can't see either of these images- what are they?
Took the lazy route, perhaps this will work.

Unfortunately of all the UCS sets out there, this is probably the least exciting. But as I said in my original post the price was right and the build was awesomely fun!
I am about to buy this one on Lego.com. Why is it so much cheaper then the other ones? Total lego Noob comment on my part. Just getting into it.
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
Deadareus
Art Expert

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:44 pm

chisoxfan2424 wrote:
Deadareus wrote:
qotsa909 wrote:i can't see either of these images- what are they?
Took the lazy route, perhaps this will work.

Unfortunately of all the UCS sets out there, this is probably the least exciting. But as I said in my original post the price was right and the build was awesomely fun!
I am about to buy this one on Lego.com. Why is it so much cheaper then the other ones? Total lego Noob comment on my part. Just getting into it.
Not sure why this set gets no love. I like the ship a lot and it's a lot of fun to build. Initially I think the price was a bit steep considering it has no minifigures and it was the 1st (and maybe only) prequel UCS set with the exception of Darth Maul.

Did you pull the trigger chisoxfan? I think it is sold out on Lego.com now. Hopefully you snagged one at the $60 price. That's a heck of a deal for this set IMO.

Here's my latest build - Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle (apologies for the crappy phone pic). Found it at walmart for $40 CDN (50% off retail). Didn't expect to like this ship as much as I do. Love seeing it flight mode. It's really just tying me over until I pull the trigger on the Imperial Shuttle though. May 4th can't come soon enough.

Was pleased that I was able to rig a stand up for it...It totally makes the set to see it in flight IMO.
Deadareus
Art Expert

Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:04 pm

The Jokers Funhouse - Easter Funtime Build!

Easily the most play value in one set out of all the sets that my son and I have built. He loved it.
ImAMonster
Art Expert

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:30 pm

I like your stands dude, totally adds to the fun! I just recently got into buying Star Wars Legos again, and am amassing a nice collection. My fiancee doesn't like me keeping anything around the house, so most of them are at my office. I've been able to take several of them (like Darth's TIE, a reg TIE, and an X-Wing) and hang them from the ceiling with fishing line, so it looks like there's a battle going on in. I also have the new Milennium Falcon (Awesome build), a Slave I, an Imperial Shuttle, and some Endor sets, including a few AT-STs and the bunker. So much fun to put together, but slowly running out of space to do work...

I also made a pact that I won't buy any sets for Prequel Stuff. Watching the Red Letter Media reviews have made me swear to never give Lucas another dime for any of the prequel stuff. Thanks for posting the pics of Jabba's stuff, brickset didn't have any images for those 2 and I've really been looking forward to see how much better the paint job was going to be on Jabba and the Gamorean guards!
ImageImageImage T.H.C. x3

Well, what do you expect, mother? I'm half machine!
kikmastak
Art Enthusiast

Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:52 pm

LEGOs are my favorite things in the whole wide world. No one has talked about the Indiana Jones sets but they are actually pretty sweet. Lots of booby traps and stuff like that, so playability is great. And of course the Star Wars sets are unbeatable. I got the Super Star Destroyer but haven't been able to put it together yet. I dream about it though...
shoeless
Art Expert

Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:25 pm

Allow me to say again, damn this thread!
As if my self control isn't tested enough with paper goodness, I had to resist buying Star Wars LEGOs tonight....
I was strong........but Im not sure how long that will last :twisted:
mobius006
Art Freak

Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:03 am

shoeless wrote:Allow me to say again, damn this thread!
As if my self control isn't tested enough with paper goodness, I had to resist buying Star Wars LEGOs tonight....
That R2D2 will be your undoing I forsee...
rmoore
Art Expert

Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:20 am

Haha, sets be damned once your kids start playing with them. I've given my SW Lego collection over to my son and they've all been torn apart and mixed into who the hell knows what. And I love it!
mobius006
Art Freak

Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:26 am

rmoore wrote:Haha, sets be damned once your kids start playing with them. I've given my SW Lego collection over to my son and they've all been torn apart and mixed into who the hell knows what. And I love it!
As a kid i mostly kept sets together. It may have to do with the fact that I got yelled as a kid for mixing playdoh...
shoeless
Art Expert

Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:31 am

mobius006 wrote:
shoeless wrote:Allow me to say again, damn this thread!
That R2D2 will be your undoing I forsee...
Not sure Ill be able to hold out that long.

Was looking at the landspeeder tonight cause its cheap and rad. Comes with some good mini figs too.
Knew if I brought it home for a build, the addiction would quickly set in...unfortunately, my resistance was futile. Im sitting here regretting the decision...probably gonna have at it tmrw.

Has anyone picked up the Millennium Falcon? Been looking at it and the X-Wing.

My gf is gonna hate this. Thankfully, she's out of the country for the next 4 weeks 8) Gonna comeback to a full on battle with the dark side!