LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
tourist504
Art Expert

Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:08 pm

Re: the cancelled order

I spoke with Lego CS and they said there was a snafu with the communication between Paypal and LEGO which caused the issue. They are looking at the order manually for me; sounds like they are able to fix - just need a pair of human eyes to take a closer look.

Fingers crossed I'll be $880 poorer by the end of the day...
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
jamel-d
Art Freak

Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:19 pm

So tell me Legonauts, besides Star Wars and size(I guess it really does matter), what's the big deal about this set? Thanks.
Oh, it's actually a serious question.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:43 pm

jamel-d wrote:So tell me Legonauts, besides Star Wars and size(I guess it really does matter), what's the big deal about this set? Thanks.
For me specifically, part of it is regret over the years about not getting the previous version. part of it is the fact that its the largest set for sale to the public ever. part is I love SW stuff and the MF in particular. part is the building process, just love building models and displaying them. part is the rarity it has/hype it brings at first. part is having it to build with my kids and showing it off to friends etc when they visit. and i guess part of it is that VIP card sounds really cool lol

but that is just me. others might just want it for a flip, thats always a factor. or to save sealed up in a closet to sell a few years later as an investment.

my coworkers think i am nuts for buying it too, or nuts for opening it rather than flipping it. but whatever, everyone has their thing.
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
starkdesign
Art Expert

Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:44 pm

Looks like LEGO posted a little message on the product page now too:
On Thursday, September 14, the LEGO Group gave its VIP members an opportunity to purchase the LEGO® Star Wars™ Millennium Falcon™. We are thrilled by the positive response to the set, which is the largest we’ve ever released so far. We can assure all our fans around the world, that we are doing everything we can to make more sets available and keep our LEGO builders happy.
https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Millennium-Falcon-75192

wonder how many they held back for the general public sale on oct 1...
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
jamel-d
Art Freak

Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:13 pm

starkdesign wrote:
jamel-d wrote:So tell me Legonauts, besides Star Wars and size(I guess it really does matter), what's the big deal about this set? Thanks.
For me specifically, part of it is regret over the years about not getting the previous version. part of it is the fact that its the largest set for sale to the public ever. part is I love SW stuff and the MF in particular. part is the building process, just love building models and displaying them. part is the rarity it has/hype it brings at first. part is having it to build with my kids and showing it off to friends etc when they visit. and i guess part of it is that VIP card sounds really cool lol

but that is just me. others might just want it for a flip, thats always a factor. or to save sealed up in a closet to sell a few years later as an investment.

my coworkers think i am nuts for buying it too, or nuts for opening it rather than flipping it. but whatever, everyone has their thing.
Thanks for the reply.
I started my oldest on Duplo blocks 30+ years ago. Bought him a bunch of Lego sets over the years. I decided to buy this set for his son, my soon to be 2 yr old grandson, for when he's old enough. Now I need to find a second set for my daughter's soon to be 1 year old son, my other grandson.
Vorpel
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:19 pm

starkdesign wrote:Looks like LEGO posted a little message on the product page now too:
On Thursday, September 14, the LEGO Group gave its VIP members an opportunity to purchase the LEGO® Star Wars™ Millennium Falcon™. We are thrilled by the positive response to the set, which is the largest we’ve ever released so far. We can assure all our fans around the world, that we are doing everything we can to make more sets available and keep our LEGO builders happy.
https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Millennium-Falcon-75192

wonder how many they held back for the general public sale on oct 1...
Damn this is cool looking. Over 7,000 pieces... daunting!
starkdesign
Art Expert

Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:08 pm

jamel-d wrote:
starkdesign wrote:

Thanks for the reply.
I started my oldest on Duplo blocks 30+ years ago. Bought him a bunch of Lego sets over the years. I decided to buy this set for his son, my soon to be 2 yr old grandson, for when he's old enough. Now I need to find a second set for my daughter's soon to be 1 year old son, my other grandson.
NICE! Wish one of my grandparents had bought me a set like this! :clap:
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:23 pm

starkdesign wrote:From facebook, I saw someone ask the question about the VIP card:
LEGO Hi Paul! Great question :) The Limited Edition VIP Star Wars Card will continue to be distributed to all LEGO VIP Members who purchase the Millennium Falcon throughout 2017.
so there you have it folks, no worries if you didn't hit the initial drop, hopefully more chances will still arise before 2017 ends. :D
Aww yeah. Double points + LE SW card, here I come. :banana:
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
starkdesign
Art Expert

Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:00 am

More news on the MF restock:

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-star-w ... e-debacle/

(blurb above in the image from lego's cust service page fyi, https://www.lego.com/en-us/service)
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:09 am

starkdesign wrote:More news on the MF restock:

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-star-w ... e-debacle/

(blurb above in the image from lego's cust service page fyi, https://www.lego.com/en-us/service)
I would love to know how many they sold yesterday...
charter
Art Expert

Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:30 am

KSUvet wrote:
starkdesign wrote:From facebook, I saw someone ask the question about the VIP card:
LEGO Hi Paul! Great question :) The Limited Edition VIP Star Wars Card will continue to be distributed to all LEGO VIP Members who purchase the Millennium Falcon throughout 2017.
so there you have it folks, no worries if you didn't hit the initial drop, hopefully more chances will still arise before 2017 ends. :D
Now that's a better deal.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:16 pm

charter wrote:
KSUvet wrote:
Now that's a better deal.
My only fear would be that they won't be taking new orders for it during the 2x points deal? I assumed they would hold sets from the VIP sale for when it went on sale on Oct 1 to the general public, but it sounds like they didn't...can't believe they expected it to not be as in demand as it is lol just like a classic Nintendo move.
Snowboarder37918
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:54 pm

I was planning on attempting to buy this on 10/1, but it seems that's out the door now. I guess there really won't be a sale on that date now? :(
starkdesign
Art Expert

Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:10 pm

MF shipping notification, woohoo!

Looks like they are sending a separate package for the bonus dragon and learning sets lol.

MF is almost 30 pounds, whoa :shock:
jmagee87
Art Expert

Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:26 pm

WEll that backorder didn't last long. They shipped it already! Should have it on Tuesday
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.