LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Seqret
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:40 pm

Cinema Palace is still selling here (for a bit more than it was in US tho) but guess shipping will be pricey. Need to find Haunted House and Emporium if anyone has any leads
Prints and originals at http://www.unframed.bigcartel.com or instagram @unframededitions
Superfro33
Art Expert

Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:14 pm

You guys know I was crying about the Cinema first right? :hanging: :P

I'll continue trolling eBay, but obviously if anyone else has another avenue get at me!
edgar
Art Expert

Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:31 am

edgar wrote:I have one for you.

And you and you. Her too.
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
Superfro33
Art Expert

Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:26 am

jmagee87
Art Expert

Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:25 am

Built a new dresser for my sons room last night. The Falcon with vertical stand fits perfectly on top

Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:59 am

jmagee87 wrote:Built a new dresser for my sons room last night. The Falcon with vertical stand fits perfectly on top

looks awesome dude! and nice touch with the microfighters and that sweet Brickheadz set (so jealous lol) :wink:

Finished building my stand before NYE, but have yet to "hang" it on there...nervous. and still wanna see if i can make it face the opposite direction, but i'm scared some of the panels won't be supported well at that orientation...
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
fanboy
Art Expert

Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:47 am

It was a LEGO bonanza at our house over Christmas! My son got almost nothing but Lego sets from everyone, I bought myself the Guggenheim, I hit the Target clearance and filled up on Brickheadz & a couple SW sets and I scored big on the facebook marketplace getting the FO Assault Walker and FO Star Destroyer for less than one of them should be at retail.
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:58 am

fanboy wrote:It was a LEGO bonanza at our house over Christmas! My son got almost nothing but Lego sets from everyone, I bought myself the Guggenheim, I hit the Target clearance and filled up on Brickheadz & a couple SW sets and I scored big on the facebook marketplace getting the FO Assault Walker and FO Star Destroyer for less than one of them should be at retail.
got some brickheadz at target myself the other day, just built Belle and the Beast and that SW Rey/Kylo set last night! really like these little dudes, hope they do more, would love a kit to make your own with a variety of hairstyles and skin tones etc so you can custom one together. i could throw one together i think, but it would be cool to get a kit for people to do it easily themselves
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
hunterjax
Art Expert

Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:55 pm

edgar wrote:
hunterjax wrote:now that's it unavailable, I am obsessed with getting the Cinema, lol.

I'll just throw this out there - if anyone has one they are looking to get rid of, let me know - I can pay cash or I have a bunch of unopened & opened but mint sets I can offer in trade (I can get a list together of what I have; also, posters might be available for trade if you see anything in my collection that interests you, let me know.) I'd prefer unopened but would consider any at this point. I'd definitely prefer to go through here than resort to Ebay.

I have one for you.
sending you a PM - thank you!
hunterjax
Art Expert

Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:56 pm

Superfro33 wrote:You guys know I was crying about the Cinema first right? :hanging: :P

I'll continue trolling eBay, but obviously if anyone else has another avenue get at me!
Ha! Sorry - if Edgar can't hook us both up, you can take dibs!
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:25 pm

jmagee87 wrote:Built a new dresser for my sons room last night. The Falcon with vertical stand fits perfectly on top

I would have nightmares of closing the drawers too hard and it falling, but looks great
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
fanboy
Art Expert

Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:16 pm

starkdesign wrote:
fanboy wrote:It was a LEGO bonanza at our house over Christmas! My son got almost nothing but Lego sets from everyone, I bought myself the Guggenheim, I hit the Target clearance and filled up on Brickheadz & a couple SW sets and I scored big on the facebook marketplace getting the FO Assault Walker and FO Star Destroyer for less than one of them should be at retail.
got some brickheadz at target myself the other day, just built Belle and the Beast and that SW Rey/Kylo set last night! really like these little dudes, hope they do more, would love a kit to make your own with a variety of hairstyles and skin tones etc so you can custom one together. i could throw one together i think, but it would be cool to get a kit for people to do it easily themselves
I didn't like them at first. But after my son got Phasma and then Kylo/Rey for Christmas they've really grown on me.
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
Superfro33
Art Expert

Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:45 pm

I love the Brickheadz. I'm just bummed that they include all the con exclusives and special stuff in the same numbering as the regular store shelf series. :hanging:

In modular news I was able to pick up the Pet Shop and Cinema through eBay this week. A bit more than SRP, but I've spent more driving to a Lego store and buying stuff I guess. And those were the only two retired pieces that I felt I really needed to grab. Now I can take my time with the rest that are still currently in rotation.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:41 am

FINALLY got my MF on a stand. Built it a week ago and just been waiting to have the courage to lift it up on there lol

was tricky to do it, but removed the four landing gear legs and had it up on the table edge so I could slide the stand underneath it little by little.

LOVE how you can see more of the ship now, awesome idea to do this.
BlissfulSloth

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:51 pm

I used to build LEGO like crazy. In fact it's probably one of the main reasons I decided to study architecture in school. Nowadays I build gundam models, but when my nephew is over sometimes I build LEGO with him, takes me back.