LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
dengar
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:56 am

chisoxfan2424 wrote:
I am almost done. The little things like all the stuff inside is killing me. So much little stuff. It’s cool tho
Don't let anyone mess with those after they are all in.

My 2 year old daughter loves to open it up and play with the figures.
The problem is my fat fingers can barely fit inside to rehang the things on the walls, etc.
chimpun
Art Expert

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:36 am

I don't get why kids think these are "toys"... 8)
We currently have 3 modulars accessible to children's hands and whenever i get home from work the minifigs are in different places or there are random animals like cobras and pigs on the roofs. Drives me bananas. Obvious option is to move them but after i get past the bananas feeling, it does make me chuckle.
tourist504
Art Expert

Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:41 am

chimpun wrote:I don't get why kids think these are "toys"... 8)
We currently have 3 modulars accessible to children's hands and whenever i get home from work the minifigs are in different places or there are random animals like cobras and pigs on the roofs. Drives me bananas. Obvious option is to move them but after i get past the bananas feeling, it does make me chuckle.
Alright, President Business...
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
chimpun
Art Expert

Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:52 am

:P
hunterjax
Art Expert

Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:15 am

chimpun wrote:I don't get why kids think these are "toys"... 8)
simple solution:

:P

edit: Tourist beat me to it . . . :D
10_pearljam
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:28 pm

Has anyone heard the rumors about Lego beginning to do re-releases of older/retired sets?

I'd love to see them re-introduce the vintage blue/gray space line up!!

:drool:
mobius006
Art Freak

Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:07 pm

10_pearljam wrote:Has anyone heard the rumors about Lego beginning to do re-releases of older/retired sets?

I'd love to see them re-introduce the vintage blue/gray space line up!!

:drool:
reprints don't go over well on this site :hanging:
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:29 pm

Or amongst Lego speculators.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:09 am

So I finished this thing yesterday, which was given to me as a gift. It's fake Lego, of course, and now I see the difference. Let's just say it wasn't the most enjoyable build :lol: . The end product is pretty cool, but I'd avoid it unless you're a glutton for punishment. The design of the helmet is pretty decent once you get going, but the facemask is terribly fragile. This is amplified by the fact that pieces are like 1/3 size, so you have to have the manual dexterity to maneuver and lock them in without crushing the thing :lol: . Adding to this, the pieces don't lock as well, and there's some play in the alignment sometimes. It was also 1326 pieces in 2 bags, which made finding things fun, too. I may have to dunk it in glue so I never have to do it again. Also, the manual clarity could use some work. Reading the Amazon reviews now do make me feel accomplished, though 8) .
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
starkdesign
Art Expert

Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:40 am

Cool fan-made lego set of the wooden duck they used to produce, in honor of the 60th anniversary! Not sure I have all the parts needed for this on-hand, but its tempting to bricklink the rest to make this one

http://jkbrickworks.com/classic-duck-pull-toy
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
starkdesign
Art Expert

Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:28 am

Just read a review of the upcoming minifig line (the celebration one) and apparently each box of 60 blind bags only has ONE police officer per box. DAMN

gonna make getting a full set much harder, time to be on the lookout everyone!
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
10_pearljam
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:50 pm

If anyone is interested in the Tom Whalen Thor and Justice League Posters, I have two for free. Just would cost shipping and a couple bucks to get it to the post office. Or would be willing to trade them for a few mini-figures or something.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:01 am

End of the month

link with more info and detail shots: https://kotaku.com/the-tron-legacy-lego ... 1823983249
hunterjax
Art Expert

Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:42 am

was just coming to post that - most excited I've been for an Ideas set in a while
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:41 am

hunterjax wrote:was just coming to post that - most excited I've been for an Ideas set in a while
When's the damn Voltron set coming out?