Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby fnord on Mon May 21, 2012 7:33 pm

Bad flash but this shit is tasty
New England Brewery Friar's Quad (Belgian Quad Ale)

Image
User avatar
fnord
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 6995
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:19 pm
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E

Postby mistersmith on Wed May 23, 2012 11:56 pm

What a great day -- three rare and awesome brews courtesy of an great EBer.

Left is a Cascade Kriek red ale, center is a Logsdon Seizon Bretta that I'm really excited about, and at right is one of only 120 bottles of an Upright Brewing Sole Composition El Coloquio de Cervantes -- I'm gonna let that one age til November at the advice of the sender, figure I'll crack it at the bachelor party and give my beer nerd friends a taste. It looks like less than a case ever made it out to the general public, so I'm blown away at a chance to try it. http://samsbeeradventure.wordpress.com/ ... rvantes-2/

So stoked on all three!

Image
User avatar
mistersmith
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 11699
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:09 am
Location: SF, CA
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.


ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby maozilla on Thu May 24, 2012 6:50 am

I really want to plan a trip to the US in the next few years and just go from brewery to brewery covering all the ones I can't get my hands on here in the UK. On the plus side going to a tap takeover event near me tonight where there's Brewdog, Mikkeller and Nogne O on, get the feeling I might have a horrific hangover tomorrow morning.
User avatar
maozilla
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:28 pm
Location: Dundee/London, UK
ImageImage

Postby redbear on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:56 pm

I love the 512 Double Pecan Porter, though I'm sad that the bottled versions seem to be a little over carbonated.

Beer Geek Rodeo is fun, though I don't love drinking something so dark and heavy when it's 100 outside. Going to cellar these until winter.
User avatar
redbear
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1288
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:00 am

Postby SergeantD on Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:07 pm

maozilla wrote:I really want to plan a trip to the US in the next few years and just go from brewery to brewery covering all the ones I can't get my hands on here in the UK. On the plus side going to a tap takeover event near me tonight where there's Brewdog, Mikkeller and Nogne O on, get the feeling I might have a horrific hangover tomorrow morning.


Not a beer drinker but went to the Brewdog in Camden the other week. They had a beer that was 40% or something ridiculous.

Their vodka also tasted weird.
User avatar
SergeantD
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:47 am
Location: England

Postby sidewaysscott on Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:10 pm

Image
User avatar
sidewaysscott
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 18209
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:22 am
Location: denver
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.

Postby fredo on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:14 pm

Oooh.
User avatar
fredo
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 14672
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: NZ

Postby Vedderman23 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:34 pm

Been enjoying this great weather lately with a good selection of IPAs...some Bell's Two Hearted Ale, New Belgium Ranger IPA, and some Dogfish Head 60 Minute...

I'm torn as to which I like better between the Two Hearted and the Dogfish Head...they're both damn good!
User avatar
Vedderman23
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2471
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Clarksburg, WV
~Image~Image~Image~Image~Image~

Postby mkuborn on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:12 pm

Had Pliney on tap Saturday night at Boneyard in NOHO, ended up there for a friend's bday. Lachouffe too. mhhhhh
User avatar
mkuborn
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2130
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:01 pm

sixstringer wrote:prints on da ground...prints on da ground...acting like a fool with your prints on da ground!


Postby caleb on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:34 pm

smith, your gonna love that logsdon, i had one a year or so ago, and i have one i've been holding on to for a little over a year. It's fansastic.

I actually just got a new job (starting next week) at a beer distributor. We handle lots of local stuff and lots of good imports. Sounds like i may have some nice samples and free tastings coming my way soon. Here's a list of the breweries they handle

http://www.pointblankdistributing.com/breweries.html
User avatar
caleb
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 562
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:50 pm
Location: Eugene

Postby Kingfish on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:26 pm

mistersmith wrote:What a great day -- three rare and awesome brews courtesy of an great EBer.

Left is a Cascade Kriek red ale, center is a Logsdon Seizon Bretta that I'm really excited about, and at right is one of only 120 bottles of an Upright Brewing Sole Composition El Coloquio de Cervantes -- I'm gonna let that one age til November at the advice of the sender, figure I'll crack it at the bachelor party and give my beer nerd friends a taste. It looks like less than a case ever made it out to the general public, so I'm blown away at a chance to try it. http://samsbeeradventure.wordpress.com/ ... rvantes-2/

So stoked on all three!

Image


Nice score! That is an awesome haul.
User avatar
Kingfish
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:30 pm

Postby rmoore on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:52 pm

Had some Shiner Ruby Redbirds today. It's kind of a light beer (4.1% ABV) with ruby red grapefruit juice and ginger added. Good refreshing beer considering it was 102° today in Austin.

I see myself drinking a lot more of these this summer.

Image
User avatar
rmoore
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 6274
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:13 pm
Location: Austin

Postby ColonelCash on Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:17 am

rmoore wrote:Had some Shiner Ruby Redbirds today. It's kind of a light beer (4.1% ABV) with ruby red grapefruit juice and ginger added. Good refreshing beer considering it was 102° today in Austin.

I see myself drinking a lot more of these this summer.


Lots of folks hate on Shiner, but their Wild Hare Pale Ale is pretty good. Give it a shot.
I like the Ruby Redbird as well, but have not picked up any this year (yet).
User avatar
ColonelCash
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3256
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:00 am

Postby redbear on Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:23 am

Not really a fan. Though, I hear that this years batch has a little more ginger in it than last year. I should give it another try. I just didn't think it came together well.

And, I warned you about the weather. :) Nobody listens though.


rmoore wrote:Had some Shiner Ruby Redbirds today. It's kind of a light beer (4.1% ABV) with ruby red grapefruit juice and ginger added. Good refreshing beer considering it was 102° today in Austin.

I see myself drinking a lot more of these this summer.

Image
User avatar
redbear
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1288
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:00 am

Postby redbear on Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:25 am

The Wild Hare is pretty good, agreed.

ColonelCash wrote:
rmoore wrote:Had some Shiner Ruby Redbirds today. It's kind of a light beer (4.1% ABV) with ruby red grapefruit juice and ginger added. Good refreshing beer considering it was 102° today in Austin.

I see myself drinking a lot more of these this summer.


Lots of folks hate on Shiner, but their Wild Hare Pale Ale is pretty good. Give it a shot.
I like the Ruby Redbird as well, but have not picked up any this year (yet).
User avatar
redbear
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1288
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:00 am

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests