Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
agr719
Art Expert

Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:55 am

jjbehren wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:looks like noirs are hitting again. coffee and vanilla. plus bourbon paradise. just landed in stores in MN.
You don't say? :wink:
jjbehren wrote:
Codeblue wrote:The only Bomb I covet anymore is Pirate Bomb and BA Bomb.
I'd love to score a BA Bomb someday. But the PAA beers I really covet are the Noirs. This week Prairie Noir, Coffee Noir, and Vanilla Noir hit the Twin Cities. $10-$12/bottle, which is steep, but man they are fantastic. I managed 3 each.

Bourbon Paradise (also PAA) and Sierra Nevada BA Coconut Narwhal also hit this week. I'm not huge on coconut beers, but that Bourbon Paradise is supposed to be amazing...so I grabbed 2 of those, too. Passed on the Narwhal, though.
I stopped by that local spot last night and grabbed an Abraxas, plus a couple Christmas Bombs and regular Bombs for stocking stuffers. While checking out, the ladies who run the place were discussing Noirs showing up next week.

I've always enjoyed a good beer, but man, this thread has really opened my eyes up to some great stuff to be on the lookout for, and made me more aware of these high profile releases in general. So, cheers to all you fellas for that :cheers:
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:14 pm

Yea guys, my empty bank account thanks you all as well... :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
jjbehren
Flipper

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:26 pm

comountaingolf wrote:Yea guys, my empty bank account thanks you all as well... :lol:
I blame this thread for me putting on 10ish pounds over the last year. Stupid delicious beer.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:48 pm

So much, so many. Yum. Yum.
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
jlabbate
Art Freak

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:53 pm

having our office holiday party tonight
brought in a growler of 17 KBS to pregame, and a co-worker from our Boston office picked up a few 4pks of the Trillium Milk Stout they released yesterday Pom-Pom :pint:
hunterjax
Art Expert

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:42 pm

jjbehren wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:Yea guys, my empty bank account thanks you all as well... :lol:
I blame this thread for me putting on 10ish pounds over the last year. Stupid delicious beer.
:D :clap:
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:52 pm

Let the aging process begin
guryter
Art Expert

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:05 pm

Grabbed a cbs and a northwoods, latter was from a raffle.

Would have preferred cbs in 12oz bottles.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
Baker
Art Expert

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:11 pm

guryter wrote:Would have preferred cbs in 12oz bottles.
This.

10oz is about as much as I want at a single serving of it. Ill just end up taking them to shares mostly im sure.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
guryter
Art Expert

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:24 pm

I dig the bcbs 16.9s, have a pour and let the open bottle warm up for the 2nd pour. The 750s tho, just like you said that's mostly to share. Too much, especially if the sweetness borders on cloying for me.

I have a tough time getting through the 12oz michigan maple jesus.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
kansasbbq
Art God

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:36 pm

guryter wrote:I dig the bcbs 16.9s, have a pour and let the open bottle warm up for the 2nd pour.
ditto
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:35 pm

jjbehren wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:the last batch of high westified was pretty limited. but it was also the best. seemed like any place that got it around here only had a case. i spoke with a friend that owns a store about the willettized and he said it was even more limited than high westified. he is hoping for a case.
I stopped into the Total Wine by me tonight. They had 5 cases.
yeah, looks like the big boy stores are getting most of it. stores around here got a case. TW i checked today is getting 11 cases.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
mattlew69
Art Expert

Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:18 pm

guryter wrote:Grabbed a cbs and a northwoods, latter was from a raffle.

Would have preferred cbs in 12oz bottles.
Looks like international markets outside the US are getting 12 oz CBS bottles. :x

https://tenemu.com/news/founders-releas ... er/11/2017
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:32 pm

Wasn't going on the search for CBS, though NYC seemed to fair well.

Someone I know who is getting into Craft beer, picked me up a bottle because they thought I'd like it.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:44 pm

World's Largest Liquor Store just N. of Denver. Huge selections of everything. Alas, no Founders in CO... :cry:

http://www.daveco-liquors.com/

I stick with my locals downtown, but I've stopped in for a few pick-ups and it's drymounting Y U G E.
> THC X 9 <