Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:34 pm

jjbehren wrote:Stone is 100% dead to me. As is Ballast Point. And Clown Shoes.
Stone was a highlight visit for me recently in San Diego, lotta good stuff on the East Coast but I wanted to pay my respects to the forefathers. Ballast was a let down (Honestly had a genuinely horrible beer there)

Visited Stone at Liberty Station (Think that's what it's called) had some really nice beers and good food.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:40 pm

outside the unfiltered enjoy by, xocoveza and master of disguise have been the only other two i have enjoyed.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
jjbehren
Flipper

Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:47 pm

I've got a bottle of last year's Woot Stout and a Charred Xocoveza sitting in my basement. I can't get myself excited for either of them. Stone has not moved the needle for me in a long time.
taylorph
Art Expert

Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:08 pm

I agree that stone was one of the first craft breweries that got me into the hobby, and I respect that. However, they haven't been keeping up with all the great stuff that's been coming out this decade. Double Bastard in the Rye and southern charred were the last ones I really enjoyed from them. They do have a nice ambiance at their brewery/bistro locations compared to the industrial park breweries. When we stopped by the Escondido location last week, we didn't even get any stone brews because they had better stuff from other breweries.
I had the 2014 and 2015 wootstouts recently and they were not good either.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...
HisBobness
Art Expert

Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:53 pm

taylorph wrote:I agree that stone was one of the first craft breweries that got me into the hobby, and I respect that. However, they haven't been keeping up with all the great stuff that's been coming out this decade. Double Bastard in the Rye and southern charred were the last ones I really enjoyed from them. They do have a nice ambiance at their brewery/bistro locations compared to the industrial park breweries. When we stopped by the Escondido location last week, we didn't even get any stone brews because they had better stuff from other breweries.
Seems this topic about Stone comes up every other month. I think they have too many beers. They should narrow it down a bit and relax about "innovating" beers.

Ballast point on the other hand, is still solid. Except for Barmy. That beer suck didly ucked flanders.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:05 am

Alesmith is prolly the best of the biggies in San Diego. Hopefully ya made a stop there as well.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:11 am

Codeblue wrote:Alesmith is prolly the best of the biggies in San Diego. Hopefully ya made a stop there as well.
I did, actually that was one of the first craft stops. Their selection was limited for a few of the people I was with (Sided on much heavier styled beers) but I liked it plenty.

Stone ended up just being the best overall experience.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
taylorph
Art Expert

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:25 am

Barmy was turrible, indra kunidra is super weird, and their BA program is pretty bad. Ballast Point has a couple decent brews but Alesmith is better. Especially when a speedway variant is on tap.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...
jlabbate
Art Freak

Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:09 am

HisBobness wrote:
taylorph wrote:I agree that stone was one of the first craft breweries that got me into the hobby, and I respect that. However, they haven't been keeping up with all the great stuff that's been coming out this decade. Double Bastard in the Rye and southern charred were the last ones I really enjoyed from them. They do have a nice ambiance at their brewery/bistro locations compared to the industrial park breweries. When we stopped by the Escondido location last week, we didn't even get any stone brews because they had better stuff from other breweries.
Seems this topic about Stone comes up every other month. I think they have too many beers. They should narrow it down a bit and relax about "innovating" beers.

Ballast point on the other hand, is still solid. Except for Barmy. That beer suck didly ucked flanders.

All stone needs to do is brew up some more of thier espresso RIS again, and all would be right with the world
IndyDMBFan
Art Expert

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:03 am

jlabbate wrote:
HisBobness wrote:

All stone needs to do is brew up some more of thier espresso RIS again, and all would be right with the world
Dayman Coffee IPA was pretty good back in 13-14ish
kansasbbq
Art God

Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:58 am

jjbehren wrote:Stone is 100% dead to me. As is Ballast Point. And Clown Shoes.
I've had a couple decent BA stouts from Clown Shoes.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
kansasbbq
Art God

Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:59 am

zefarrett wrote:Found some jester king at Whole Foods. Simple means, le petit prince, and mad meg. But it's the sours I want! :drool:
Looks like rain on Friday. :(
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
IndyDMBFan
Art Expert

Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:25 am

Going to be in Minneapolis next week Mon-Wed for work.

Outside of hitting up Surly any recommendations?
mistersmith
Art Freak

Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:39 am

IndyDMBFan wrote:Going to be in Minneapolis next week Mon-Wed for work.

Fulton does really good work.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
Cbjornson
Art Expert

Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:53 am

IndyDMBFan wrote:Going to be in Minneapolis next week Mon-Wed for work.

Dangerous Man
Modist
maden wrote:Never apologize on the internet.
gonzo303 wrote:This is Gonzos mom