Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
PygmyLush
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:50 pm

rmoore wrote:Had some Shiner Ruby Redbirds today. It's kind of a light beer (4.1% ABV) with ruby red grapefruit juice and ginger added. Good refreshing beer considering it was 102° today in Austin.

I see myself drinking a lot more of these this summer.

mmm wish i could get shinner up here in mass. dig that stuff never had the summer becuase i know better than head south for the summer.

but grapefruit stinks on rocks. the beer kinda reminds me of magic hats summer beer that has beat juice in it and is pink. (so wierd but i had to try it)
"Hipsters are pissing all over the mustache's good name"- preacher010
elrojodragon
Art Enthusiast

Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:50 pm

dogfish head festina peache is da bomb
redbear
Art Expert

Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:52 pm

Giving the Ruby Redbird another try. Still not a fan. Grapefruit in beer isn't for me I guess.

redbear wrote:Not really a fan. Though, I hear that this years batch has a little more ginger in it than last year. I should give it another try. I just didn't think it came together well.
redbear
Art Expert

Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:53 pm

I dig their WTF.
rmoore wrote:Having a couple of these out on the deck tonight...

lag_ipa.jpg
rmoore
Art Expert

Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:56 pm

redbear wrote:Giving the Ruby Redbird another try. Still not a fan. Grapefruit in beer isn't for me I guess.

redbear wrote:Not really a fan. Though, I hear that this years batch has a little more ginger in it than last year. I should give it another try. I just didn't think it came together well.
You're right, it is pretty gingery. First time I've had it...it's a bit different every year?
maddog76
Flipper

Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:33 pm

lag_ipa.jpg
The guys at the brewery are probably the coolest drymounters I've ever met on a brewery tour. The owners just hooked up us like no one else.
billyjorge
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:12 pm

I drank and recycled two of these empty bottles not so long ago...who knew people were willing to buy them.
[ebay][/ebay]http://www.ebay.com/itm/DOGFISH-HEAD-CR ... 552wt_1120
Aphex139
Art Expert

Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:50 pm

I gotta say... Y'all DenCO folks don't play. I tried the Great Divide Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti tonight. Possibly the strongest, most complex stout I've ever tasted. :pint:
ImageImageImageImage
PygmyLush
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:52 pm

redbear wrote:I dig their WTF.

lag_ipa.jpg

great brewery the WTF is amazing
"Hipsters are pissing all over the mustache's good name"- preacher010
desch
Art Expert

Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:19 pm

In case anybody missed this article... http://bites.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/ ... erica?lite
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
mistersmith
Art Freak

Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:05 pm

Gross. I can't stand Pliny. IPAs drive me nuts.

That's the problem with "best" lists. They'll pick something that I hate, meanwhile, some super-black, bitter-ass beer that fires me up would make an IPA guy think I was a masochist.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
desch
Art Expert

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:49 am

Well Smith, the writer seemed to agree with you; so I would think the article itself and not the list would meet with your approval.
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:46 pm

mistersmith wrote:Gross. I can't stand Pliny. IPAs drive me nuts.

That's the problem with "best" lists. They'll pick something that I hate, meanwhile, some super-black, bitter-ass beer that fires me up would make an IPA guy think I was a masochist.
Never a fan of these lists. It's all subjective and usually localized to where the person is writing from. Find what you like and drink it. My list would comprise of wheat beers and red ales, not exactly what folks are clammering for these days.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:53 am

pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.