Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:45 pm

for the NY area folks.. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/a-night-to ... 2362455977
We are releasing A Night To End All Dawns via a lottery system. All registrants will be entering for the right to purchase one complete set of five 750ml bottles plus a limited edition A Night To End All Dawns Teku stemmed glass. The set includes the following bottles:
A Night To End All Dawns (Black Wax)
A Night To End All Dawns aged on Cacao (Brown Wax)
A Night To End All Dawns aged on Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Beans (White Wax)
A Night To End All Dawns aged on freshly roasted organic Coconut (Silver Wax)
A Night To End All Dawns aged in Rye Barrels (Blue Wax)
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
jjbehren
Flipper

Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:21 am

kansasbbq wrote:
jjbehren wrote:Stone is 100% dead to me. As is Ballast Point. And Clown Shoes.
I've had a couple decent BA stouts from Clown Shoes.
No you haven't.
IndyDMBFan wrote:Going to be in Minneapolis next week Mon-Wed for work.

Outside of hitting up Surly any recommendations?
Town Hall, for sure. There's 3 locations: brew pub, tap, and lanes. They have great food (at the brew pub at least - another EBer and myself had an issue with the chicken sandwich at their Town Hall Lanes location).

Steel Toe is another one I like to hit up. According to the website, they still have their 2 BA Barleywines on tap. And I guess right now they have a cherry variant of one of them. And there's usually a food truck parked out front.

And check this thread for any bigger tappings around town: https://www.beeradvocate.com/community/ ... on.493926/

For liquor stores, there's 3 biggies, IMO: France 44, South Lyndale Liquor, and Zipps. There are others, but those are the big hitters in the beer game. There are Total Wines, but I don't go there because drymount them.

Central Waters Rye Barrel Aged Chocolate Porter should still be on the shelves while you're here. Buy some. Best $8 ever. (Or $9.50 at Total Wine, because drymount them.)
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:26 am

jjbehren wrote:... and Zipps.
Man, Blast from the past. During undergrad at the U, we had a big 'ol house in Dinkytown. 10-15 kegs every Fri or Sat night. Keg-erator in the living room/bar. EVERY keg purchased from Zipps. For every 10 (?) kegs, we got a free neon beer sign. Christ, we had on signs on the ceilings, walls were covered...

:lol: :pint:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
IndyDMBFan
Art Expert

Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:08 am

Thanks for the info JJ
jlabbate
Art Freak

Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:02 am

halftonegraphics wrote:for the NY area folks.. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/a-night-to ... 2362455977
We are releasing A Night To End All Dawns via a lottery system. All registrants will be entering for the right to purchase one complete set of five 750ml bottles plus a limited edition A Night To End All Dawns Teku stemmed glass. The set includes the following bottles:
A Night To End All Dawns (Black Wax)
A Night To End All Dawns aged on Cacao (Brown Wax)
A Night To End All Dawns aged on Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Beans (White Wax)
A Night To End All Dawns aged on freshly roasted organic Coconut (Silver Wax)
A Night To End All Dawns aged in Rye Barrels (Blue Wax)
entered yesterday :pint:
Baker
Art Expert

Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:14 am

Something tells me my sister wouldnt want to drive an hour to pick me up some beer, so didnt enter. If only her and I cared about the same things...
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
HairyHood
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:42 am

mistersmith wrote:
HairyHood wrote: Charlottesville (Central). There are a bunch of quality breweries around, but there are some local, county, & state laws that limit the size of operations in various ways. From what I understand, it takes a hell of a lot of capital and perhaps a few connections to have an operation that is able to distribute even state-wide. Hoping some of those laws change soon, but we'll see.
Isn't Champion from Charlottesville? I've had a bunch of their stuff and it's been comfortably above average. I wouldn't mind having them close by.
It is indeed -- pretty much my hangout when I make it out of the house for a drink. Strangely, I don't really drink any of their stuff that hits wide (read: central VA and some metro NC areas) distro. Their smaller one-off brews and seasonals are pretty consistently good.

Don't get me wrong, there is definitely good stuff around here, but it is certainly no beer mecca. There is a new brewery starting up on the north side of town by the former brewmaster (I think?) of Maine Beer Co. I'm hoping they knock it out of the park.
IndyDMBFan
Art Expert

Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:05 pm

Baker wrote:Something tells me my sister wouldnt want to drive an hour to pick me up some beer, so didnt enter. If only her and I cared about the same things...
I thought about asking my sister-in-law who lives in West Chester.....pretty sure that would have been a no.....
phishstix101
Art Expert

Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:17 pm

HairyHood wrote:
phishstix101 wrote:Just in today! Can't wait to sample!!!!
Damn, dude, I bet that is delicious. I miss having semi-regular access to CCB. I'd love even being able to pick up Jai Alai, Maduro, or Tocobaga (though I think they may have discontinued this?) when I go to the gas station. Sadly, I'm too far north for beer from the south and too far south for beer from the north.
Sorry for the delay! Getting some bombers tomorrow so I'll be trying this weekend for the first time! Looking forward to it!
fredo
Art God

Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:32 am

Baker's Sistah wrote:
Baker wrote:Something tells me my sister wouldnt want to drive an hour to pick me up some beer, so didnt enter. If only her and I cared about the same things...
...you'd be short a few Horkeys, bro.
just a foil for me today, thanks
mh4268
Art Enthusiast

Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:57 pm

Lucked out at Treehouse, they had Very Hazy silent release the last 2 days. Nice surprise for my first trip there.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:12 am

a small share with some buddies at a local boyb.. no whalez but some solid stuff.

wren house ba who hit john, eviltwin ba ibb, eviltwin maple jesus, hardywood ba gbs, and fw maltose falcons.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
Cragars
Art Expert

Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:02 am

I'm on the big bad baptist again. Crowler's going down tonight.
kansasbbq
Art God

Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:35 am

mh4268 wrote:Lucked out at Treehouse, they had Very Hazy silent release the last 2 days. Nice surprise for my first trip there.
Excellent!
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
phishstix101
Art Expert

Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:03 pm

Mail day! Haven't had any of these except for Burial. Pumped!