Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:56 am

Oh man that looks so good.
Even though its 9am here.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:58 am

i'm drooling too. I took the pic last night.

went to the midwest all last week, and had to bring a 12 pack of the two hearted home. Love it. #2 behind Pliney for my favs.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
jjbehren
Flipper

Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:06 am

Two Hearted was my intro into hoppy IPAs. It's been tough to match it.

And now I too have the mouth sweats. Thanks.
erba
Art Expert

Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:07 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote:Oh man that looks so good.
Even though its 9am here.
Once you brush your teeth, anything goes.
juanbobo808
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:34 pm

mistersmith wrote:What a great day -- three rare and awesome brews courtesy of an great EBer.

Left is a Cascade Kriek red ale, center is a Logsdon Seizon Bretta that I'm really excited about, and at right is one of only 120 bottles of an Upright Brewing Sole Composition El Coloquio de Cervantes -- I'm gonna let that one age til November at the advice of the sender, figure I'll crack it at the bachelor party and give my beer nerd friends a taste. It looks like less than a case ever made it out to the general public, so I'm blown away at a chance to try it. http://samsbeeradventure.wordpress.com/ ... rvantes-2/

So stoked on all three!

First post in this thread and have been reading back through several pages of posts and couldn't help but dig this one up from a few weeks back. I've had the two bottles on the left and they're both absolutely fantastic beers. I like the Seizoen Bretta the best. For all you homebrewers out there, David Logsdon is the owner of Wyeast and has started his own organic brewery/farm as a side project. They're making some fantastic beers right now but have only become available in bottles in the last 6 months.

Truly jealous of that third bottle on the right, though! Had never even heard about it until I went and looked it up.

I'm so lucky to be living in Portland... :drool: :pint: :notworthy:
caleb
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:50 pm

jjbehren wrote:Two Hearted was my intro into hoppy IPAs. It's been tough to match it.
I just bottled my first homebrew last weekend. A Bell's Two Hearted clone. My first real 'good beer' i fell in love with in the midwest. I can't get it out here, so i'm trying my own. My buddy is flying out in a month and is gonna bring some of the real thing for a side by side comparison.

I tried this today, jolly pumpkin/maui brewing collaboration. Brewed with passion fruit and cherries. Pretty damn good
jollypumpkin.jpg
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:59 am

Am I the only person who doesn't like the can beer revolution? I still prefer bottles, but understand why going to cans is a more cost effective way to operate a biz.
pewter14
EB Team

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:24 am

ColonelCash wrote:Am I the only person who doesn't like the can beer revolution? I still prefer bottles, but understand why going to cans is a more cost effective way to operate a biz.
I have no dog in this fight, but ... I've actually read it's better for the quality of the beer.

1) Cans have a tighter seal than bottles ... or at least, less of a chance of allowing air into the beer.
2) Cans allow zero light.

People are just stuck in the stigma of canned beers being hick/Nascar/lawnmower drinkin' beers.

Some folks will say they can taste metal from a can, I can see that ... all cans are lined, but the top, where you drink from, that's not ... and I see how that might turn folks off.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
DarthHippie
Art Expert

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:29 pm

Some places, like beaches, don't allow you to bring bottles either...... So there's that.
lcsproductions
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:34 pm

Cans taste worse IMO.

Prefer a bottle to anything.

My hardcore beer drinking buddies are cans all the way.....portable and fresher in their opinion.
$250 for the pair shipped and insured. Both are mint. Shipping should be around 7 or 8 bucks.

FYI: this was the collection that didn't make my walls, still beats your shitty little collections...and if it doesn't, I still couldn't care less.
schmoff
Art Expert

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:45 pm

been drinking brooklyn summer and paulaner in cans all summer
jjbehren
Flipper

Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:21 pm

Got a bottle of this waiting for me for this weekend:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/13014/39917
mistersmith
Art Freak

Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:40 pm

juanbobo808 wrote:
mistersmith wrote:What a great day -- three rare and awesome brews courtesy of an great EBer.

Left is a Cascade Kriek red ale, center is a Logsdon Seizon Bretta that I'm really excited about, and at right is one of only 120 bottles of an Upright Brewing Sole Composition El Coloquio de Cervantes -- I'm gonna let that one age til November at the advice of the sender, figure I'll crack it at the bachelor party and give my beer nerd friends a taste. It looks like less than a case ever made it out to the general public, so I'm blown away at a chance to try it. http://samsbeeradventure.wordpress.com/ ... rvantes-2/

So stoked on all three!
First post in this thread and have been reading back through several pages of posts and couldn't help but dig this one up from a few weeks back. I've had the two bottles on the left and they're both absolutely fantastic beers. I like the Seizoen Bretta the best. For all you homebrewers out there, David Logsdon is the owner of Wyeast and has started his own organic brewery/farm as a side project. They're making some fantastic beers right now but have only become available in bottles in the last 6 months.

Truly jealous of that third bottle on the right, though! Had never even heard about it until I went and looked it up.

We drank the two on the left, like you said, both were incredible. The sour took some work, it was my first one, and at first I thought something was wrong -- super sour. But it grew on me, and was really good. The Saizon was awesome too -- lots of sediment at the bottom, so I don't know what that was about, but a great beer all around. Really enjoyed it.

The Upright Brewing bottle is maturing in my wine cellar ("wine cellar" meaning, "a 12-bottle wine fridge in our bedroom I bought my girl for Christmas"), I'm going to open it up at my bachelor party in November.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
juanbobo808
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:54 pm

mistersmith wrote:
juanbobo808 wrote:

So stoked on all three!

We drank the two on the left, like you said, both were incredible. The sour took some work, it was my first one, and at first I thought something was wrong -- super sour. But it grew on me, and was really good. The Saizon was awesome too -- lots of sediment at the bottom, so I don't know what that was about, but a great beer all around. Really enjoyed it.

The Upright Brewing bottle is maturing in my wine cellar ("wine cellar" meaning, "a 12-bottle wine fridge in our bedroom I bought my girl for Christmas"), I'm going to open it up at my bachelor party in November.
Logsdon bottle conditions their beers so that was probably the cause of the sediment you were speaking of. At the same time, I've had quite a few bottle-conditioned beers and Logsdon seems to have a lot of sediment compared to some others. Dunno why, maybe due to the fact that they let their beers bottle condition more than most...? In any case, if you have a chance try their Kili Wit, I was very pleasantly surprised by it.
mkuborn
Art Expert

Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:12 pm

Rando six pack grab at Total