Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
jwoods
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:55 am

karl strauss tower 20 double IPA is actually very tasty
mcnail wrote:Perhaps you should find a new hobby. I hear pogs are coming back.
thegig
Art Expert

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:13 pm

Surprised there's been no discussion of this so far....

This fudge was gone from every shelf literally in a couple hours when it was released here in RVA. My local bottle shop was nice enough to save me a four-pack. If you haven't had it and can get your hands on some, I highly recommend it. One of my all-time favorite beers in any style.

:pint:
yostarama
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:41 pm

mkuborn wrote:
finneganm wrote:
mkuborn wrote:how much is it to ship a 12pk? I would kill for a case of Yuengling or Some 4boys from Six Point in BK?
Sweet Action is my go to.mmmmmmm
Dude I would ship whatever from CA if i could get Yuengling and some Sweet Action.

I want to trade! Doesnt the beer skunk/degrade changing altitudes and temperatures w/shipping? Do i wrap them in craft in a sturdy tube?!
?
What kind of yuengling are you looking for? Lager, Chesterfields?
mkuborn
Art Expert

Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:26 am

yostarama wrote:
mkuborn wrote:
finneganm wrote:
mkuborn wrote:how much is it to ship a 12pk? I would kill for a case of Yuengling or Some 4boys from Six Point in BK?
Sweet Action is my go to.mmmmmmm
Dude I would ship whatever from CA if i could get Yuengling and some Sweet Action.

I want to trade! Doesnt the beer skunk/degrade changing altitudes and temperatures w/shipping? Do i wrap them in craft in a sturdy tube?!
?
What kind of yuengling are you looking for? Lager, Chesterfields?
Just the lager yea! haha nothing fancy.
jwoods
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:10 am

halokiti wrote:Not sure if anyone is interested in this, but it's a free engraved Stella Artois chalice. http://www.stellaartois.com/choose-your-chalice-4411/

I got my code by mailing in an index card but putting 280xxxx, the Xs being random numbers work too. You just have to try a bunch of times. It's worth a shot and it's free. This one worked for me just now and it's available. 2806594

It's one per person so multiple chalices for each household should fly.

The engraving is limited to three 15 character lines. I guess you guys will put something like "drymount this beer" or something similar.

Mine showed up today so be on the look out
mkuborn
Art Expert

Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:07 pm

jwoods wrote:
halokiti wrote:Not sure if anyone is interested in this, but it's a free engraved Stella Artois chalice. http://www.stellaartois.com/choose-your-chalice-4411/

I got my code by mailing in an index card but putting 280xxxx, the Xs being random numbers work too. You just have to try a bunch of times. It's worth a shot and it's free. This one worked for me just now and it's available. 2806594

The engraving is limited to three 15 character lines. I guess you guys will put something like "drymount this beer" or something similar.

Yea i got mine last night! "work is the scourge of the drinking class"
SouthShore
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:25 pm

mkuborn wrote:
jwoods wrote:

Yea i got mine last night! "work is the scourge of the drinking class"
Mine came yesterday, but I was out showing family around town, so I couldn't pick it up. Pretty excited to drink out of it tonight.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:33 pm

I hear The Lost Abbey red Poppy Ale is back in. A damn fine beer In the past, I hear this year, not so much), just a bit much to get shipped to TX. Goes anywhere from $17 - $22 (375ml) plus shipping. Sure wish the local store could have this in stock.
jwoods
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:21 pm

SouthShore wrote: I can't wait to drink anything but Stella out of these..
enjoying some 90 minute out of mine and the laker/clipper game
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:23 pm

:lol: :lol:

j, i'm drinking Hoptimum out of mine and also watching the LA game. :lol:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
fluffheadies
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:28 pm

thegig wrote:Surprised there's been no discussion of this so far....

This fudge was gone from every shelf literally in a couple hours when it was released here in RVA. My local bottle shop was nice enough to save me a four-pack. If you haven't had it and can get your hands on some, I highly recommend it. One of my all-time favorite beers in any style.

:pint:
KBS is top notch....

I'm enjoying a Heady Topper right now. Friend of mine drove it from the cannery to NYC for me today, my favorite NE IPA. Only NN and HT compare to the real heady IPA's from out west IMO :pint:
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:29 pm

ohh, heady topper. I keep watching ebay sales on these cans, but have yet to pull the trigger. Def on my list though.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
SouthShore
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:10 am

sidewaysscott wrote::lol: :lol:

Got mine, and instantly filled it up with Pyramid Curveball. (It is Opening Night in baseball after all.) Catching up on Awake makes the night complete.
rhinomilk
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:33 am

got some pliny the elder. anyone want to swap? Want to try some Bells or maybe something else I can't get in California (I like IPA's)

jwoods
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:44 am

sidewaysscott wrote::lol: :lol:

jealous, i want some of that. need to figure out how to ship beer and we can start trading some.