Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
kansasbbq
Art God

Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:43 pm

Anybody snag some SR-71 bottles today? :drool:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
TicTockPopRock

Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:39 am

kansasbbq wrote:Anybody snag some SR-71 bottles today? :drool:
Yep, I was able to get one. My sleep schedule will now take vengeance on my body :lol:
bubbie
Art Expert

Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:33 pm

Vancouverrites, any decent beer to drink in Vancouver? Stoped by the liquor store at Broadway and... Arbutus? Really slim pickings. Was much better last year. I know there is (probably the best in town) liquor store at Cambie and... a block or two up from Broadway. What you say I should get?
bubbie
Art Expert

Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:47 pm

I really enjoyed this one last year, I remember. It was REALLY good. As well as couple of others from that brewery. Pricy, if I remember correctly.
bubbie
Art Expert

Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:54 pm

Tried this one yesterday and it wasn’t good at all. Now tell me where and what to get!
bubbie
Art Expert

Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:01 pm

Also, if any of you in Vancouver want to meet up for an evening of beer drinking Friday or Saturday two weeks from now or the weekend after (I will be leaving that Sunday and doing pretty much drymount all until then, so weekday drinking in between then is alright with me too) let me know.
ipath2003
Art Expert

Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:45 pm

Just one store. Decent selection
03CEF6FC-2031-4A70-B284-E3576BA36B0C.jpeg
relentlesskevin
Art Expert

Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:21 pm

Make a trip up north?
ipath2003
Art Expert

Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:24 pm

relentlesskevin wrote:Make a trip up north?

Yup 5 year wedding anniversary
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:31 am

nice little snag there.

did a little bottle share last night with a small group.

highlights..

coconut medianoche
fundamental summation
old stock 2005 bourbon barrel
old stock 2005 brandy barrel
angry chair cln lvn
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
bubbie
Art Expert

Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:54 am

Bought these for today:
IMG_4139.JPG
I may have tried that particular kirsch before but could not really remember, so I grabbed one (also was the last one on the shelf). Had a Warsteiner Double Hopped earlier and it was pretty good, actually; not a fan of any Warsteiner usually.

Also inquired about that Salted Black Porter I posted about on the previous page and it seems to be goner. The dude at the store said he did not see it for a long while. Pretty disappointing. I will probably make a drive up to the brewery and see what they have there.

Fortunately for me, I bought one Salted Porter and another pretty good beer by Field House Brewing to take with me to the boonies but left it at my friend's house (the one I mentioned in the peeve thread the other night). That was almost 1.5 years ago. I stopped by his house today (I have the keys) and both beers were waiting for me in the fridge. He told me the beer will wait when I left it there and I said he is drymounting nuts and should drink it later that day. What a dude! I thought the fact that I am driving his car this time around, which he conveniently left for me at the airport, and have his place at my disposal (which I am not using) was pretty generous. But that was a really nice surprise, lol.

Now, what the drymount do I do with the beer? :lol:
IMG_4140.JPG
P.S. If you are ever in Vancouver and looking for good beer, Field House Brewery is your friend. It ain't cheap at, on average, $10+ per bottle, but everything I tried so far did not disappoint.
bubbie
Art Expert

Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:31 am

I was definitely thinking about something else when I saw that Kirsch. It's reddish in colour and tastes like cherry juice. Cherry taste overpowers everything else to the point that I would not even call it "beer".

Now, that Field Beer is spot on. Another winner for Field House.
bubbie
Art Expert

Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:44 am

That Chamomile Belgian White is pretty great as well. Having my doubts about opening the remaining Landlord one, but done for the night anyway.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:11 pm

Grimm opening day shaping up nicely.

http://grimmales.com/opening

Opening Day Release
Time: 10am until beer runs out

Available Cans (16oz/4-pack) & Growlers (750ml & 2L growlers):

* Today’s Special – American pale ale featuring Mosaic, Simcoe, Ekuanot, & Citra lupulin powder, 5.5% abv, $18 per 4 pack, limit four 4-packs per person (200 cases total)
* Zero Anniversary – Double IPA featuring Mosaic, Galaxy, Bravo, Simcoe lupulin powder, and Sorachi Ace hops, 8% abv, $20 per four pack, limit four 4-packs per person (200 cases total).
* Lambo Door – The gummy bear juice is back! Double IPA with Citra lupulin powder, El Dorado, & Simcoe, 8% abv, $20 per four pack, limit four 4-packs per person (200 cases total)
Available Bottles (750ml bottles):
* Future Days – Golden Sour beer fermented with a mixed culture, blended from select oak barrels six to eighteen months in age, and dry hopped with Mosaic hops, 6% ABV,$18 per bottle, limit 4 bottles, (130 cases available)
* Flow State – This beer has been in the works since we founded our nomadic brewery. It is a blend of golden sour aged in oak for one year and saison aged in orange bitters barrels for three years. It is fermented with a mixed culture and dry hopped with Galaxy hops, 6% ABV, $18 per bottle, limit 4 bottles (90 cases available)

Opening Day Taproom List
Time: 10am-midnight

* Mosaic Pop! – Dry-hopped dessert Berliner weisse brewed with Mosaic hops, 4.8% ABV
* Air & Light – Dry-hopped sour brewed with tart cherries, 5% ABV
* Super You – Gose brewed with pineapple, sea salt, and oak. ABV: 5.3% ABV
* Rainbow Dome – Dry Hopped sour brewed with apricots, 5.3% ABV
* Crystal Sync – Dry-hopped saison with brewed with earl grey tea, 6.3% ABV
* Half Tone – IPA featuring El Dorado, Azacca, Citra, and Simcoe hops, 6.4% ABV
* Today’s Special – American pale ale featuring Mosaic, Citra, and Sorachi Ace hops, 5.5% ABV
* Zero Anniversary – Double IPA featuring Mosaic, Galaxy, Bravo, and Simcoe hops, 8.5% ABV
* Lambo Door – Double IPA featuring Citra, El Dorado, and Simcoe hops, 8% ABV
* Icing on the Cake – Imperial milk stout with cacao and vanilla, 10% ABV
* Double Negative – Imperial Stout, 10% ABV
* Tracery – Saison de coupage, a traditional Belgian farmhouse style in which barrel-aged sour beer is blended with fresh saison. Our coupage is a blend of 70% young saison and 30% barrel-aged golden sour, 6% ABV (bottle pours – only available for onsite consumption).
* Lilt – Golden sour beer fermented with a mixed culture, blended from select oak barrels six to eighteen months in age,
and refermented with four pounds per gallon of tart Montmorency cherries. 6% ABV (bottle pours – only available for onsite consumption).
* Future Days – Golden sour beer fermented with a mixed culture, blended from select oak barrels six to eighteen months in age, and dry hopped with Mosaic hops. 6% ANB.
* Flow State – This beer has been in the works since our early days as a nomadic brewery. It is a blend of golden sour aged in oak for one year and saison aged in orange bitters barrels for three years. It is fermented with a mixed culture and dry hopped with Galaxy hops. 6% ABV.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:42 pm

for the MN folks, might check your local Total Wine if you are looking for some Bruery on the cheap. $4-12 a bottle.
Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 6.50.37 PM.jpg
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral