Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:25 pm

agr719 wrote:Parabola 12 oz singles are $9 and change, one per customer at Wegman's grocery store
I hate you that I pay $12.99 for Parabola...but, I also bought a full case, so...
guryter wrote:Still singles of KBS sitting around by me.
It's hanging out here too. Languishing, even.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
phishstix101
Art Expert

Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:01 pm

Tapping this weekend! Woot!
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:06 am

taylorph wrote:Yesterday I tried the dayslayer from Maine/Stone and it was decent for an IPL. Not my favorite style and I wouldn't get it again though.
This review is (unfortunately) 100% accurate.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
agr719
Art Expert

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:44 am

mistersmith wrote:
agr719 wrote:Parabola 12 oz singles are $9 and change, one per customer at Wegman's grocery store
I hate you that I pay $12.99 for Parabola...but, I also bought a full case, so...
Haha yeah, I really had no idea what to expect. I've never had it before, but this thread has been great for at least making me know to look out and ask around for certain things.

Definitely going to grab at least one more while I still can. Is that one pretty good fresh, or does it need to sit?
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
impossible

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:36 am

Just landed Bissel Bros. Going to try Subby and swish tonight. Also just landed Trillium Scaled Up and Treehouse Julius.

Haze bombs the best.
Baker
Art Expert

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:51 am

impossible wrote:Just landed Bissel Bros. Going to try Subby and swish tonight. Also just landed Trillium Scaled Up and Treehouse Julius.

Haze bombs the best.
Bissel is good fudge.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
kansasbbq
Art God

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:52 am

Swish is excellent!
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
kansasbbq
Art God

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:55 am

Anybody here going to Trillium today and might possibly end up with some extra Raspberry Soak?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:57 am

Not me, but I'll be there next month.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
impossible

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:31 pm

kansasbbq wrote:Anybody here going to Trillium today and might possibly end up with some extra Raspberry Soak?
I am so stocked with beer right now- should be good till mid May. Don't mean to brag but I currently may have the best stash I've ever had. Bissel, Trillium, Monkish, Mumford, Moonraker, Other Half, Rar, Tired Hands, Treehouse, Kane, Wicked Weed... loaded.
Last edited by impossible on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:34 pm

Some good releases going on and expect more to ramp up with the warm weather, I am well stocked but trying to burn through some stuff to make room.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:11 pm

been pretty soft around here for releases. kind of sucks. then again, its really AZW and Wren House that i go to for cans/bottles. AZW has their Jester King release this weekend. they just did a collab with Other Half as well. hopefully we see something from that. AZW was supposed to release Chocolate Bunny cans this past weekend but had canning issues.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
mistersmith
Art Freak

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:30 pm

impossible wrote:I am so stocked with beer right now- should be good till mid May. Don't mean to brag but I currently may have the best stash I've ever had. Bissel, Trillium, Monkish, Mumford, Moonraker, Other Half, Rar, Tired Hands, Treehouse, Kane, Wicked Weed... loaded.
I feel like you can't even drink that fast enough to get to the rest while it's still fresh. But best of luck! Lol.
agr719 wrote:Parabola...Is that one pretty good fresh, or does it need to sit?
They wouldn't bottle it if it wasn't ready. But malty boozy beers, especially bourbon barrel beers, definitely last just fine over time, usually develop a little bit, and sometimes even improve. Parabola specifically, I've had five-year verticals of it and it was awesome, so, as long as it ages right (cool, dark) you're fine. I have Firestone Walker barrel aged stuff dating back as old as 4 years and I'm not worried about it yet. But it's time to start popping I guess.

Sorry if that's too elementary. Didn't mean it like that.
taylorph
Art Expert

Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:18 pm

Parabola is good fresh but I usually let mine sit for a bit. I have a '15 and a couple '16s sitting around but I heard that this year's may not be as good fresh. A little hotter and thinner than previous years suppossedly. It was contracted outside of Firestone while they built the new facility so I'm not sure if that's why. Drink one now and one later and let us know what you think :pint:
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...
mistersmith
Art Freak

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:02 pm

taylorph wrote:It was contracted outside of Firestone while they built the new facility so I'm not sure if that's why.
Meh, that's Beer Advocate forum blue-hairs gossiping. People talk crap about every vintage when it's new, then they revere it when it's OOP. Boulevard brewed this batch, and they can brew good beer, and they've collaborated with FW before, AND it's not like if this beer, probably FW's most prestigious of the year, isn't exactly want FW wanted they would have just shrugged and said drymount it, bottle it anyway. I haven't had one yet but it's not like Parabolas from years past were identical either...should be alllll good.

I mean, I hope! :)