Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
kansasbbq
Art God

Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:41 pm

jjbehren wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:MD online registration now live. site is fudge right now though. you have 5 days to register.

https://store.nexternal.com/bustgbrews/register.aspx
I got picked. I guess I gotta make the drive. I'm not as excited as I feel like I should be, though. It's a long way to drive to pay $100 for a 4-pack of beer. And my wife is less than pleased.
Congrats!
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
fredo
Art God

Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:57 pm

Baker wrote:
fredo wrote:The reg version is easily the most uniquely (and a fave) kiwi beer. This is similar but roastier, raisinier and the texture leans TenFidy.
Sounds like the struggle is real over there in kiwi land for decent beers.
It is. Couple of solid outfits (8Wire, Craftwork, Three Boys, Garage Project) and the hops are to die for, but...yeah. They're just pulling out of the Ale Age. Another 10 years and we'll talk.
just a foil for me today, thanks
kansasbbq
Art God

Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:54 pm

Wow! It only took Jester King 23 hours to sell out of 8,800 bottles of Atrial Rubicite (8,950 including the magnums).
relentlesskevin
Art Expert

Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:30 pm

Dogfish head's Oak aged vanilla World Wide Stout is very nice, but pricey...
ChrisV
Art Expert

Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:31 am

Went to the new Tree House twice this past week (Thursday for cans and Saturday for pours) and the place is just incredible. So much thought went into it. The outdoor pavilion is gorgeous. So happy for these guys.
rhythmgtr5
Art Expert

Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:49 pm

ChrisV wrote:Went to the new Tree House twice this past week (Thursday for cans and Saturday for pours) and the place is just incredible. So much thought went into it. The outdoor pavilion is gorgeous. So happy for these guys.
Has the quality of the beer changed at all with the new facility?
FBDOCollector
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:10 pm

Looking for a pick-up/favor from Hanging Hills Brewing Company in Hartford, CT. They have a recent Ferris Bueller inspired beer available in cans. Need some cans and other swag they may be selling! Anyone in that neighborhood? Much appreciated and can return favors on the West Coast/Cali/San Diego/LA as well! Message me, thanks!

Cheers!
ChrisV
Art Expert

Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:07 pm

rhythmgtr5 wrote:
ChrisV wrote:Went to the new Tree House twice this past week (Thursday for cans and Saturday for pours) and the place is just incredible. So much thought went into it. The outdoor pavilion is gorgeous. So happy for these guys.
Has the quality of the beer changed at all with the new facility?
Yes it has. And this is no fanboy bullshit, but it seems to have gotten better. I tried everything that was put out last week at the new place. I'm typically not a HUGE Sap or Alter-Ego guy, but the batches of those were the best batches I've ever had. The Green was absolutely on point. Julius is Julius...one of the best beers I've ever had still. And Haze was great too...maybe a little too "young", if that makes any sense. I typically like my Haze with a week or two in the can. The facility really is gorgeous. Here's a bunch of pics of the new place. (That painting behind the bar is like the best thing ever. Wasn't able to get many good pictures of the main room or retail spot (which is huge now!). Also, the bathrooms are even gorgeous and have cup holders in the stalls. :lol:

kansasbbq
Art God

Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:49 am

Anybody here going to the Burley Oak release on the 29th? I'd appreciate some help if so. Thanks!
guryter
Art Expert

Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:05 am

Those Grimm/Barrier collab cans are real nice. Groove Angle is sweet from the kiwi without being overpowering, and Power Source is straight juice, absolutely fantastic.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:22 am

guryter wrote:Those Grimm/Barrier collab cans are real nice. Groove Angle is sweet from the kiwi without being overpowering, and Power Source is straight juice, absolutely fantastic.
pretty bummed I missed this release over the weekend..friend who went grabbed me a couple cans of each..excited to try both
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:32 pm

https://gearpatrol.com/2017/07/25/best- ... n-america/

We've done 7 of them in the past 13 months.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:52 pm

kansasbbq wrote:https://gearpatrol.com/2017/07/25/best- ... n-america/

I saw that earlier and thought it was one of the better "best of" lists I've ever seen.

I'd probably swap Monkish out for Cellarmaker but whatever (winky smiley emoji)
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:53 pm

kansasbbq wrote:https://gearpatrol.com/2017/07/25/best- ... n-america/

good fudge. i'll be hitting monkish heavily next week.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:12 pm

Luls. Lost Abbey isn't even the best brewery in San Diego County.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.