Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
fredo
Art God

Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:12 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:yo tuumi, I have 2 Plineys for you :pint:

fredo, lets drink!
Yes- let's.
just a foil for me today, thanks
rmoore
Art Expert

Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:00 pm

CrustaR wrote:Oh, crap!! DFH Punkin Ale dropped today!! I bought a case at the store, but I don't think that will be enough! Go go go!
Drinking one of these now based on your recommendation. Quite good actually, not nearly as overpowering as I thought it would be. :pint:
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:02 pm

If anyone can hook a brother up with one of those undented DFH bright yellow high-grav caps, I'd be very grateful. I think they come on 120min and World Wide Stout. Would love to have one on my fridge.
tuumi
Art Expert

Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:24 pm

Mr. Shabbazz pulled through. Can't wait to try these. I've been looking for so long there is quite the build up.

Chillin in the beer fridge now. Speaking of beer fridge. Still planning on drilling tap handles into the door. Just don't have the gear or time.
Like our meadery on FB:
facebook.com/beewellmeadery
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:37 pm

Man, why did it take me so long to post in this thread?
I'd kill for some Pilney or DFH 120, can't find that fudge at all here in Texas.

And echo the sentiments about Punkin... bought a case of it, burning through half of it incredibly fast but I'll save the other 1/2 and drink it slowly over time 8) :pint: :drool:
CrustaR
Art Expert

Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:41 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote: And echo the sentiments about Punkin... bought a case of it, burning through half of it incredibly fast but I'll save the other 1/2 and drink it slowly over time 8) :pint: :drool:
Yup, we had some people over the other day, and they (and I) went through half the case. :( I'll have to get some more later if it's not sold out already. :pint:
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
inkedup
Art Expert

Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:58 am

Three Floyds just started to bottle zombie dust which is one of my new favorite "go to" session beers. Its only about 6.2% ABV but it has a nice distinct hoppy flavor to it. If anybody's interested in some Three Floyds beer PM me, I'm mostly interested in west coast or southern beers that don't distribute to the midwest.
mkuborn
Art Expert

Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:10 am

Stupid BevMo had Pilney but you could only buy one and it sold out a few weeks ago. Twas good. Has anyone tried the Goose Island Matilda, i enjoyed that when i was in Iowa recently... also Rogue's John John Dead Guy aged in their Whiskey Casks

http://www.rogue.com/beers/john-john-dead-guy.php
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:34 pm

Big thanks to sidewaysscott for hooking me up, cool dude :clap: :pint:

...if anyone has extra 120minutes lying around, that would be cool. I'm not going to actively look for it or anything, but if you're bored and have nothing better to do than send a random dude beer, I'd be thankful :lol:
andruw000
Art Expert

Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:10 pm

anyone in CA want to trade me some pliny for bell's two hearted ale? i used to live in CA and really miss it. i now in live in VA and can trade you anything found around here. two hearted ale is one of the better beers i've had that's not distributed in CA. let me know!
thegig
Art Expert

Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:58 pm

andruw000 wrote:anyone in CA want to trade me some pliny for bell's two hearted ale? i used to live in CA and really miss it. i now in live in VA and can trade you anything found around here. two hearted ale is one of the better beers i've had that's not distributed in CA. let me know!
If you haven't done the Nelson County beer tour, get on it. Beautiful drive, and some of the best beers coming out of Virginia: Blue Mountain, Wild Wolf, Devil's Backbone....hope you can make it to Richmond on 11/5 for Screens 'n' Suds at Capital Ale House! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Screens- ... 1413963794
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:48 pm

Schlafly Pumpkin Ale is the bomb. Seasonal release (obviously) and I'm loving it.
CrustaR
Art Expert

Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:50 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote:Big thanks to sidewaysscott for hooking me up, cool dude :clap: :pint:

...if anyone has extra 120minutes lying around, that would be cool. I'm not going to actively look for it or anything, but if you're bored and have nothing better to do than send a random dude beer, I'd be thankful :lol:
Are the DFH 120 mins hard to find around here? I haven't looked in a while. That stuff is really strong and expensive.
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:53 pm

CrustaR wrote:
daviddelgadoh wrote:Big thanks to sidewaysscott for hooking me up, cool dude :clap: :pint:

Are the DFH 120 mins hard to find around here? I haven't looked in a while. That stuff is really strong and expensive.
as far as the 120s, i did find like 6 at my local store, and they only got 12. That was their first and only shipment of the 120s in over 14 months....i only purchased 2 @ 15$ each. I also bought one on the bay for $22 or so....

I have yet to try it. Just waiting for a good opportunity. :wink:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
CrustaR
Art Expert

Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:57 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:
CrustaR wrote:

as far as the 120s, i did find like 6 at my local store, and they only got 12. That was their first and only shipment of the 120s in over 14 months....i only purchased 2 @ 15$ each. I also bought one on the bay for $22 or so....

I have yet to try it. Just waiting for a good opportunity. :wink:
It's got a really sweet/strong flavor to it so much so that it was really hard for me to drink. That's interesting that it's so hard to find these days. I remember it being everywhere for the longest time.