Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
shoeless
Art Expert

Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:51 pm

Baker wrote:Of the BI stuff. Raspberry Mood Ring is the best you have there, which is significantly better (in my opinion) than Color Wheel. V Fudge is a decent porter, nothing crazy, it was super hyped cause they finally released something NOT an IPA for once. DDH Chief of chiefs is usually one of my favorites, didnt grab any of that run though.
Agreed.

Love BI stuff! They've had some growing pains recently though.
jjbehren
Flipper

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:13 pm

jjbehren wrote:Also, Upper Midwest peeps, you need to do yourself a favor and try anything you can find from The Brewing Projekt out of Eau Claire, WI. Specifically their "Dare Mighty Things" line of ipas. So good.
pvecchi wrote:Picked up a few from Projekt and Untitled Art. My latest seizure in December shattered both my shoulders so I’ve been laying off on the beer hobby due to that dragging on my mind. My wife isn’t very nice either when I do have a beer. But I wanted one yesterday so I picked up these

Tried the Eldorado DMT last night. It was delicious :pint:
Glad to see people are taking my advice. That El Dorado DMT was so good.
pvecchi
Art Expert

Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:39 am

jjbehren wrote:
jjbehren wrote:Also, Upper Midwest peeps, you need to do yourself a favor and try anything you can find from The Brewing Projekt out of Eau Claire, WI. Specifically their "Dare Mighty Things" line of ipas. So good.
pvecchi wrote:Picked up a few from Projekt and Untitled Art. My latest seizure in December shattered both my shoulders so I’ve been laying off on the beer hobby due to that dragging on my mind. My wife isn’t very nice either when I do have a beer. But I wanted one yesterday so I picked up these

Tried the Eldorado DMT last night. It was delicious :pint:
Glad to see people are taking my advice. That El Dorado DMT was so good.
I think I was hyping Projekt here long ago (was lucky to get into them during their first round of distribution) but I too am glad more people are trying and liking what they do. Hoping the growing pains don’t change things too much like it did with TG or even Surly
dero316
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:08 am

Baker wrote:Of the BI stuff. Raspberry Mood Ring is the best you have there, which is significantly better (in my opinion) than Color Wheel. V Fudge is a decent porter, nothing crazy, it was super hyped cause they finally released something NOT an IPA for once. DDH Chief of chiefs is usually one of my favorites, didnt grab any of that run though.
Chief of Chiefs is the only BI one I've had so far and I enjoyed it. Had the Base Weight last night because I had breakfast for dinner and it seemed like a good pairing.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:35 pm

went to vt last wknd and my buddy gave me 2 cases of heady toppers. looks like i picked the wrong month to quit drinking
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:40 pm

stuckeyc wrote:went to vt last wknd and my buddy gave me 2 cases of heady toppers. looks like i picked the wrong month to quit drinking
Inbox explosion in 3....2.......
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
kansasbbq
Art God

Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:29 pm

stuckeyc wrote:looks like i picked the wrong month to quit drinking
Every month is the wrong month.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:38 pm

Just an FYI I will be heading to Austin for Mondo House party, if anyone wants any of the St Louis local beers I would gladly bring some down.
dmm8878
Art Expert

Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:53 pm

I have a bunch of Tree House Julius and Green cans from a trip to the brewery a week or so ago. Looking for a beer mail trade for some Monkish...
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:19 pm

kansasbbq wrote:
stuckeyc wrote:looks like i picked the wrong month to quit drinking
Every month is the wrong month.
your right! I will never stop not stopping! seriously though it's tough to get through that many headys before they fall off
Mapman
Art Expert

Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:58 pm

Drove up over the Chedder Curtain last weekend and grabbed a bunch of New Glarus, forgot how much I like Cabin Fever!!! :drool:
phishstix101
Art Expert

Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:47 pm

First time having Thimble Island Brew Co. Dbl ipa with tangerine. Straight jooz bomb!!
kansasbbq
Art God

Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:58 am

JK finally released their bottles of Elements of Composition today. :D
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
pvecchi
Art Expert

Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:58 am

Mapman wrote:Drove up over the Chedder Curtain last weekend and grabbed a bunch of New Glarus, forgot how much I like Cabin Fever!!! :drool:
I really like what they have been doing at the brewery lately. If you ever get a chance to visit when the weather is nice do it

They recently (over the last year or so) started releasing their Setendipity and Raspberry Tart in 12oz x 4 packs. Love it

Still have a bunch of their research fruits I need to finish off. Not sure how late my they last but they are now over a year or old. Probably not good
rhythmgtr5
Art Expert

Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:00 pm

pvecchi wrote:
Mapman wrote:Drove up over the Chedder Curtain last weekend and grabbed a bunch of New Glarus, forgot how much I like Cabin Fever!!! :drool:
Still have a bunch of their research fruits I need to finish off. Not sure how late my they last but they are now over a year or old. Probably not good
The fruited r&d age pretty well. That said I've heard wild peach is starting to fall off