Anyone into cars? Post pics of your whip!

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby jjbehren on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:45 pm

Vedderman23 wrote:That's a sharp Outback!

Thanks. Loving that 4Runner, too.

If anyone's thinking about an Outback, the 3.6R upgrade is absolutely worth it.

Also, I found the wheel/tire combo while perusing this site: https://lpaventure.com/blogs/projects-outback.
jjbehren
Flipper

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby piper27 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:09 pm

That's such a nice combo with those aggressive tires on that Subaru :drool:
piper27
Art Expert

Codeblue wrote:Try vigorously rubbing yer peen on it several times.

Postby Mapman on Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:10 pm

Wish I could convince my wife to do that to our outback. I don't see it ever happening though! LOL
Mapman
Art Expert

Postby IndyDMBFan on Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:49 pm

Same here Mapman

My wife drives a 2011 Outback with a 6 speed manual......but I don't think she'd go for the lift and oversized wheel/tire combo
IndyDMBFan
Art Expert

Postby jjbehren on Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:19 pm

IndyDMBFan wrote:Same here Mapman

My wife drives a 2011 Outback with a 6 speed manual......but I don't think she'd go for the lift and oversized wheel/tire combo

Well, technically you don't have to lift it. Mine isn't lifted. The main reason why I passed on the lift (besides the fact that it's a bit ridiculous to lift a Subaru Outback) is because you don't really gain overall ground clearance. You do in the front, but the rear suspension arm has to stay the same or it'll mess up the rear castor, so instead you add a spacer between it and the frame of the car. The result is that the ground clearance in the rear remains the same.

And thanks for the compliments, guys. I really love this car.
jjbehren
Flipper

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby bubbie on Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:28 am

I guess the best thread to ask.
Tell me what's better and why Rancho or Bilstein shocks/struts. If you had experience with both, even better.
It appears that it is time to replace the shocks/struts in my 2008 4Runner and I was debating between the two. I am going to be pulling the XREAS out and might give it a modest lift (nothing fancy, just spacers), probably leaving the stock springs in, if I can; yet I might just leave it at stock height.
bubbie
Art Expert

Postby shoeless on Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:46 am

bubbie wrote:I guess the best thread to ask.
Tell me what's better and why Rancho or Bilstein shocks/struts. If you had experience with both, even better.
It appears that it is time to replace the shocks/struts in my 2008 4Runner and I was debating between the two. I am going to be pulling the XREAS out and might give it a modest lift (nothing fancy, just spacers), probably leaving the stock springs in, if I can; yet I might just leave it at stock height.

My 2005 V8.
Ive had Bilstein f/r with OME/Toytec springs for a couple years now....about 50k miles.
With my setup, I gained maybe 2.5-3".
Depending on how worn your stock shocks are, I believe it'll be about stock height with factory springs.
They've been perfect for my needs.

shoeless
Art Expert

fnord wrote:If you like something, for the love of dog don't share it with EB.

Postby bubbie on Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:59 pm

Thanks. Nice looking vehicle.
Yes, I am thinking Bilstein. I will have to look into springs though. I was sure there would be some lift even with the original springs. I am not really looking for more than a couple of inches.
Any thoughts on the bushings: rubber vs. polyurethane? I need the stabilizer bushings, maybe some others as well once I get inside and see.
bubbie
Art Expert

Postby kansasbbq on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:34 pm

jjbehren wrote:I've got KO2s on my Outback. Love 'em:

Subaru 4 Life!

We've had at least one in the family since 2002.
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq

Postby electrachrome on Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:57 pm

Vedderman23 wrote:That's a sharp Outback!

lookin all set for winter
electrachrome
EB Team

Postby Codeblue on Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:30 pm

bubbie wrote:I am not really looking for more than a couple of inches.

That's what she said?
Codeblue
Art God

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby IndyDMBFan on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:41 am

I went with Bilstein 5100’s and HD Springs on my Nissan Titan. With the adjustable Bilstein’s I was able to get about a 2” gain without spacers. I did the tie rod, sway bar end links, ball joints, camber bolts and full front brake job at the same time. Made a huge difference on my 2006 Titan
IndyDMBFan
Art Expert

Postby rubberneck on Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:31 pm

Ferrari, Cobra worth $4 million found in condemned NC garage

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/classic- ... AvbnWJ_1|5
rubberneck
Art God

Postby bubbie on Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:13 am

IndyDMBFan wrote:

I went with Bilstein 5100’s and HD Springs on my Nissan Titan. With the adjustable Bilstein’s I was able to get about a 2” gain without spacers. I did the tie rod, sway bar end links, ball joints, camber bolts and full front brake job at the same time. Made a huge difference on my 2006 Titan

Thanks, man. I think I am going to settle on Bilstein 4600 and no lift. I don't think I am going to replace anything else but some bushings since everything else seems fine.
bubbie
Art Expert

Postby bubbie on Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:14 am

Beauty!
Attachments
Viper.jpg
Viper.jpg (180.68 KiB) Viewed 775 times
bubbie
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes