Anyone into cars? Post pics of your whip!

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby pathways on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:50 am

I just got done putting the final touches on my xA last weekend with a 2" drop and custom rims. Pretty stoked to be completed with the exterior :twisted:

pathways
Art Expert

Postby 5150 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:35 pm

i am into cars but my current ride isn't worth posting :lol: In couple months when i pick up the new one then i'll post.
Art Connoisseur

Postby ColonelCash on Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:38 pm

Can't believe those headlights and tailights are legal? If you like clean cars, there are a bunch over at MeguiarsOnline.com. They do some pretty impressive work on that site.
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Postby shoeless on Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:38 pm

Parting this out at the moment so I can buy moar art.......its gettin old anyway.
shoeless
Art Expert

fnord wrote:If you like something, for the love of dog don't share it with EB.

Postby pathways on Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:11 pm

ColonelCash wrote:Can't believe those headlights and tailights are legal? If you like clean cars, there are a bunch over at MeguiarsOnline.com. They do some pretty impressive work on that site.

I haven't been pulled over for the taillights and I've had them for a while now. But light output is still really bright. I can't say the same for the headlights being an issue, I've only had them for a week like that, but passed plenty of cops without hassle.
pathways
Art Expert

Postby electrachrome on Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:37 pm

my old ride, but not mine anymore. '67 Pontiac Grand Prix. I named her the Valdez
thankfully I don't have the old car bug (too much) anymore...at least not enough to go out and sink a lot of cash into a loosing proposition.
I loved cruising down the road feeling like I was sitting on my couch in my living room. I don't miss getting 8 MPG.
electrachrome
EB Team

Postby itsdug on Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:53 pm

My dream car.

itsdug
Art Expert

no comment ®

Postby rmoore on Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:01 pm

ColonelCash wrote:Can't believe those headlights and tailights are legal? If you like clean cars, there are a bunch over at MeguiarsOnline.com. They do some pretty impressive work on that site.

Nothing is illegal in FL.
rmoore
Art Expert

Postby mistersmith on Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:49 pm

Stuff I either own, or share with my dad:

1940 Ford coupe, '57 Olds 371, 6x2, just gobs of rare Olds and '60s stuff on it.
1934 Ford 5W coupe, mid-'70s Ford 302, if you get out of the house you've seen it somewhere
1932 Ford roadster, minor historic car (belonged to the President of the Roadster Assn. of Maryland, was untouched since about '55...3x2 flathead, Crestliner wheel, old S&W gauges...)
1951 Ford Victoria, mild custom (Chevy grille, baby blue with pinstriping, warm flathead, lowered, peaked hood and deck, red steelies on wide whites)
1965 Mustang convertible, 289
1963 (I think) Harley something or other, I forget what's up with that bike but it's bitchin'

I used to own a '67 Mercury Meteor wagon (Canadian only, 289/3-speed, Torq Thrusts, was perfect and awesome), a 1983 Mustang GT four-speed with a custom interior and a serious suspension that I basically totaled and some redneck turned into a beater, and a couple of things not worth talking about.

...and now when I go home to visit, if the weather's not right for that Victoria, I get full use of my grandfather's drymounting sweet 2005 Chrysler minivan. Helllllllz yeah, son.

Here are the only pics I could find on my Dad's facebook:

The '34:

The '51 Vicky, when he let the kid of the guy that does our upholstery take his girl to the prom in it. If I still lived in a place where I even wanted a car, this would be my daily driver:
mistersmith
Art Freak

electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.

Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.

Postby gfraser on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:12 pm

mistersmith wrote:Stuff I either own, or share with my dad:

1940 Ford coupe, '57 Olds 371, 6x2, just gobs of rare Olds and '60s stuff on it.
1934 Ford 5W coupe, mid-'70s Ford 302, if you get out of the house you've seen it somewhere
1932 Ford roadster, minor historic car (belonged to the President of the Roadster Assn. of Maryland, was untouched since about '55...3x2 flathead, Crestliner wheel, old S&W gauges...)
1951 Ford Victoria, mild custom (Chevy grille, baby blue with pinstriping, warm flathead, lowered, peaked hood and deck, red steelies on wide whites)
1965 Mustang convertible, 289
1963 (I think) Harley something or other, I forget what's up with that bike but it's bitchin'

when you buy these cars, how much work do they need? it amazes me that old cars like these are still around. where im from youre lucky if your car is still on the road 15 year later and not completely destroyed by rust or half it body fill. there are some old cars around but most have had everything replaced, or the rare person who stored it every winter since new.
gfraser
Art Expert

Postby inkedup on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:22 pm

Just sold it about a month ago, I'm done with imports, I wanna build a 47-53 Chevy truck for my next project.

and my car before the last one...

inkedup
Art Expert

Postby mistersmith on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:25 pm

gfraser wrote:when you buy these cars, how much work do they need? it amazes me that old cars like these are still around. where im from youre lucky if your car is still on the road 15 year later and not completely destroyed by rust or half it body fill. there are some old cars around but most have had everything replaced, or the rare person who stored it every winter since new.

Most of these needed a lot of work. The '40 was purchased as a body only about 20 years ago, we gathered parts and built it over the last 10 or so years. My dad bought the '34 and '51 as running cars, but has done enough with them that by this point everyone knows them as "his" cars. The Mustang we have had been restored by someone else, then it got rear-ended, so we just put new sheetmetal on the back half, repainted it, and boom, awesome car again. The '32 roadster had sat in a garage untouched for 50 years when we found it, it needed a total overhaul and most of the fabrication had to be redone -- teenagers in 1953 couldn't weld for fudge! -- but it's back on the road now too.

So, most needed a bunch of work and still require regular upkeep. Others we built from scratch, some were purchased as running cars but have had some changes in the past 20 or so years that we've been doing this.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Postby geezer on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:46 pm

Do you have a photo of the '32?
geezer
Art Expert

Postby CrustaR on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:07 pm

Here's a photo of mine in a parking lot.

m3.jpg
m3.jpg (53.17 KiB) Viewed 3593 times
CrustaR
Art Expert

pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.

Postby mistersmith on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:13 pm

geezer wrote:Do you have a photo of the '32?

Nothing current, but I have some shots from around '05 when we first drug it home, and some shots from when it was on the floor at the 2009 Jalopyrama in Maryland. It's a total east coast car: channeled, uncut windshield posts, stuff like that. Still has the mid-'50s pie-crust looking Atlas tires on it, not safe to drive on them but they look great when it's parked.

From about '05:

And at the show:

...and here's my '40 and my old '57 Harley (since sold), as they looked in about 2005:

mistersmith
Art Freak

Next

Return to Anything Goes