The Comics Thread

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby hunterjax on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:13 pm

jmagee87 wrote:Sorry, maybe I should clarify. Not just your standard black frame. Something more "custom frame" style. But with out damaging the comic itself

Just discovered this guy on FB. May see what he can do
https://www.facebook.com/CustomComicDisplays/

I guess what I was really asking for was some "inspiration". Maybe some people here have custom framed some comics

Ive been wanting to do the same. those are a little over the top for what I have in mind, even though they are sort of cool, but they are a good base to start thinking about how I'd want them displayed.
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2308
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Postby jmagee87 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:26 pm

Just started chatting with the guy the last hour. I don't want do anything over the top like some of those. But his prices are very reasonable IMO. Only downside is his turnaround time
User avatar
jmagee87
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5695
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:02 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.

Postby hunterjax on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:28 pm

jmagee87 wrote:Just started chatting with the guy the last hour. I don't want do anything over the top like some of those. But his prices are very reasonable IMO. Only downside is his turnaround time

they look really well made. cool to get something custom too. What's his turnaround?
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2308
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Postby jmagee87 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:31 pm

hunterjax wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:Just started chatting with the guy the last hour. I don't want do anything over the top like some of those. But his prices are very reasonable IMO. Only downside is his turnaround time

they look really well made. cool to get something custom too. What's his turnaround?

60-90 days. This is his side gig and he hand makes everything. But a custom one with a logo and everything is $50-60
User avatar
jmagee87
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5695
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:02 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.

Postby hunterjax on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:57 pm

jmagee87 wrote:
hunterjax wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:Just started chatting with the guy the last hour. I don't want do anything over the top like some of those. But his prices are very reasonable IMO. Only downside is his turnaround time

they look really well made. cool to get something custom too. What's his turnaround?

60-90 days. This is his side gig and he hand makes everything. But a custom one with a logo and everything is $50-60

that's a pretty great price . . . I was just reading his method for making these, pretty neat.

3 months for one those is a wait.
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2308
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Postby comountaingolf on Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:11 am

User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 9385
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!


Image THC X 7

Postby ciphe on Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:07 pm

User avatar
ciphe
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1171
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:51 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Postby john38103 on Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:21 pm

User avatar
john38103
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2574
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:28 am
Location: Chicago

Postby veltri on Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:21 pm

Picked up Scott Snyder and Jeff Lemire's A.D. After Death and am really enjoying it. Looking forward to Book Three. I love Lemire's style of artwork.

Noticed a few not so subtle references to Darwyn Cooke.
User avatar
veltri
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 4358
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:04 pm
strongstuff wrote:i want to watch those fools squirm.


Image Image Image Image Image

Postby FrankBooth on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:10 am

:( :(

From Liz:

Austin, TX - 3-18-2017

Legendary comic book artist and illustrator Bernie Wrightson has lost his long battle with brain cancer. He is survived by his wife Liz, sons John and Jeffrey, stepson Thomas, and countless friends and fans. We will have a celebration of life for him later this year. His full obituary can be found here: www.berniewrightson.com

Thank you for the many years of love and support! <3


Image
User avatar
FrankBooth
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2450
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:01 am
Location: Queens, New York
ImageImageImageImage Image

Postby dweebofthedead on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:27 pm

:( :(
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5128
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby jmagee87 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:22 pm

My custom comic frame came in. Very happy with the result

Image
User avatar
jmagee87
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5695
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:02 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.

Postby goldenrose on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:50 pm

^Looking sharp - matches the cover nicely. :clap:

Signed tales from the tube

Image
User avatar
goldenrose
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2876
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:29 pm
the reckless are out wrecking, the timid plead their pleas - robert hunter

Postby greekboy on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:01 pm

Just listed this in my sales thread if there's any Chew fans in here.

Chew Original Comic Art - Issue 30 pgs. 16 & 17

Image
greekboy
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 454
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:00 am

Postby hunterjax on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:54 pm

Frame up came out really good!
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2308
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 5 guests