post of the day

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:50 pm

mistersmith wrote:
fredo wrote:
FOODRAP wrote:Sometimes an image is so everlasting, so eternal that it becomes just so dead. It needs someone or something to bring it back into life.
I imagine that guy was talking about a MBW image...which means the "revived" image was a one-color screen with some paint farted across it. Which is not reviving the image at all, more like mining it for the few thousand bucks he made selling that print.

But I'd love to be wrong, if you want to link the source of that quote I'm happy to take a look.
Smitty... you are absolutely correct. Apparently, Foodie thinks that Norman Rockwell's images no longer have any traction and they need to be re-invented by MBW's team :lol: I think you hit the nail on the head as far as mining an image for more $$$...
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
mistersmith
Art Freak

Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:06 pm

comountaingolf wrote:
mistersmith wrote:
fredo wrote:
FOODRAP wrote:Sometimes an image is so everlasting, so eternal that it becomes just so dead. It needs someone or something to bring it back into life.
I imagine that guy was talking about a MBW image...which means the "revived" image was a one-color screen with some paint farted across it. Which is not reviving the image at all, more like mining it for the few thousand bucks he made selling that print.

But I'd love to be wrong, if you want to link the source of that quote I'm happy to take a look.
Smitty... you are absolutely correct. Apparently, Foodie thinks that Norman Rockwell's images no longer have any traction and they need to be re-invented by MBW's team :lol: I think you hit the nail on the head as far as mining an image for more $$$...
I looked at the piece...I do find it boring as fudge, as I expected, but at least it's not just a famous face and an ink splash. At least someone took the two minutes in Photoshop to flip the girl's hand over.

I would even argue that this doesn't revive the original image, merely extend it. Neither it or Rockwell went anywhere, yet it isn't pervasive enough on its own to have become dead to the world -- based on Foodrap's quote I expected the print to show Che Guevara or something, something the world really has forgotten all about and is misunderstood. But instead the MBW print is saying the same damn thing Rockwell was. Which is why MBW sucks: he/they/it never says anything new.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
rmoore
Art Expert

Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:17 pm

hellosir wrote:It's all fun and games until someone doesn't get a floaty-person added to their piece of paper
hellosir wrote: NEED better info?? it's been half a freaking day. Do you know what valium looks like? Go check your medicine cabinet for some, seriously
hellosir wrote: Can you please slap it against the keyboard for a few minutes and come up with a new signature? fudge's stale son
Hellosir wins the evening! :rolling:
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:55 am

rmoore wrote:
hellosir wrote:It's all fun and games until someone doesn't get a floaty-person added to their piece of paper
hellosir wrote: NEED better info?? it's been half a freaking day. Do you know what valium looks like? Go check your medicine cabinet for some, seriously
hellosir wrote: Can you please slap it against the keyboard for a few minutes and come up with a new signature? fudge's stale son
Hellosir wins the evening! :rolling:
Seconded
drummer7795
Art Expert

Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:23 pm

phishbeatles wrote:I'd pee in her but.
FKozik wrote:see you in hell.
mistersmith wrote:If you didn't want Horkey to tear you up you shouldn't have worn that short skirt.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:15 pm

drummer7795 wrote:
phishbeatles wrote:I'd pee in her but.
it's a saying frequently used on another "aquatic themed" poster forum.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:31 pm

dylansdad wrote:That poster is tall enough to ride Space Mountain.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
pewter14
EB Team

Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:59 pm

This was a PM I just got ... made me chuckle ...
Hello... Wanted to make this offer to you before I lower the price... I would be willing to sell this for $xxx (Shipped and insured)... Let me know if you are interested... Take Care...
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:12 pm

I haven't really logged in for a few months, and I'm getting a lot of unsolicited pm offers lately. frigging annoying.
not dead
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:13 pm

That is not the post of the day.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
drummer7795
Art Expert

Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:34 pm

Codeblue wrote:That is not the post of the day.
This is.
FKozik wrote:see you in hell.
mistersmith wrote:If you didn't want Horkey to tear you up you shouldn't have worn that short skirt.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:11 pm

FOODRAP wrote:
s_k_y wrote:Hope it wasn't in NYC because that's pretty much the dumbest thing imaginable.

Ya know, because public transportation there is almost impossible to come across...
very true. but today i found out someone slipped something in the drinks at the party, mind you it was me, the guys from flight club, some londoners i met through doing banksy deals, and Qtip, russel simmons, saigon, andre harrel and some others, i was chilling, not trying to get drunka nd act crazy! Supposedly, i mean, not that there @ fault, but i only had two bottles of beer
between 1130 and 2am or so,(mind you im 37 and weigh 170 sometimes)then i dont remember anything else, someone said i was break dancing in a circle, someone else said
after the break dancing i started doing the worm...wtf?? like i said im 37 and aint no 2 beers gonna have me doing spins and fudge on the floor not something i would normally do or even repeat it if i did!, but im not saying what i did was ok, but had i known, i would not have drove and just went to sleep in the passenger seat like i always would and do.

But how do you explain to a judge a district attorney what have you to say, i think or i'm pretty sure someone slipped something in the drinks at the party i was at. You don't, you just deal with the hand you was dealt and make the best of it....

now im drymounted, im facing jail time and all that...they offered me 30days jail, they already seized my dads blazer and i have no recollection of the hours between 2am or so til 425am when i was removed from my vehicle at gunpoint and cuffed on the floor.

FML
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:28 pm

Fuggin light-weight.
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
tranito
Art Expert

Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:29 pm

Almost overlooked this gem.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.