Can we get a Video Game subforum?

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
andruw000
Art Expert

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:39 pm

do any of you guys like watching speed runs? if so, you should check out this site: http://speeddemosarchive.com/

they've got speed runs for most of the games mentioned in this thread so far.
iratasan
Flipper

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:47 pm

andruw000 wrote:do any of you guys like watching speed runs? if so, you should check out this site: http://speeddemosarchive.com/

they've got speed runs for most of the games mentioned in this thread so far.
of course. :D

my faves i have from this site:

http://www.super-play.co.uk/
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:44 am

thread bump...

just finished up with "Fallout 3" and "Assassins Creed 2" if anyone would like to trade for anything (Xbox 360).
I'm willing to send these out in return for something new to play.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
aradwanski
Art Expert

Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:45 am

sidewaysscott wrote:thread bump...

just finished up with "Fallout 3" and "Assassins Creed 2" if anyone would like to trade for anything (Xbox 360).
how was AC2? I just beat the first one a couple weeks ago, heard the 2nd was much better
Ashton
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:47 am

RupertPupkin wrote:
BlakeAronson wrote:best 4 player game ever...
is Goldeneye on the N64
yes!!!!!
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:49 am

aradwanski wrote:

how was AC2? I just beat the first one a couple weeks ago, heard the 2nd was much better
i played the first one, though repetitive i liked it. I got "2" and loved it. Lots to do, graphics are killer, fun game play. The climbing and jumping movements were updated and flow much better. Also, there is downloadable content for more missions, etc.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
cadeallaw
Art Expert

Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:07 am

I say we need a DIsco Biscuits subforum... anything and everything Disco Biscuits related :)
aradwanski
Art Expert

Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:17 am

sidewaysscott wrote:
aradwanski wrote:

i played the first one, though repetitive i liked it. I got "2" and loved it. Lots to do, graphics are killer, fun game play. The climbing and jumping movements were updated and flow much better. Also, there is downloadable content for more missions, etc.
sounds good, i'll have to put that on my list of games to get in the future. Right now all I'm playing is COD2 multiplayer, and just got fable 2 from ebay yesterday.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:23 am

right now, its only mw2. until ff13, next week.
i'm curious about Dante's inferno too.
Catarax
Art Expert

Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:28 am

sidewaysscott wrote:right now, its only mw2. until ff13, next week.
dante's inferno is ok, but once you beat it.. it's kinda dull.. since there is one ending.. i thought if you played as bad or as good you'd get a different result but you don't..

i just got bad company 2.. that's going to be my game of choice until probably red dead redemption (gta cowboy game)
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
mistersmith
Art Freak

Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:20 pm

Catarax wrote:
dante's inferno is ok, but once you beat it.. it's kinda dull..
Does it play any better than the demo? I got all excited when the demo came out (PS3), fired it up, and it just played like a half-assed God of War. A lot of it was a direct, big ripoff, only with worse graphics and sloppier controls. Did they tighten it up in time for release?

As excited as I was to play it, once I finished the demo all I could think was, man, they're never gonna make back their PR budget if that's the game that's coming out.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
colflesh
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:59 pm

mistersmith wrote:
Catarax wrote:
dante's inferno is ok, but once you beat it.. it's kinda dull..
Does it play any better than the demo? I got all excited when the demo came out (PS3), fired it up, and it just played like a half-assed God of War. A lot of it was a direct, big ripoff, only with worse graphics and sloppier controls. Did they tighten it up in time for release?

As excited as I was to play it, once I finished the demo all I could think was, man, they're never gonna make back their PR budget if that's the game that's coming out.
Dante's Inferno was on sale the other day and I was tempted to purchase it, but my friend said that it is a rent and not buy title, especially for it's current price. I don't know if they have cleaned up the controls though.

Also, I'm done with Assassin's Creed 2 (PS3) (Platinum trophy, haven't bothered with the DLC) and would be willing to trade it for a used copy of Borderlands (PS3).
Tapecat
Art Expert

Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:28 am

Bought my first Video Game computer this weekend, a PS3.

Well not my first........my first since my Sega Genesis. :shock:

The light outside of my Cave is so Bright! :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:57 pm

Save your money, the game is so bad I didn't even want to play online. I can't wait to see how bad EA screws up Madden & MMA this year. Once again MLB 10 the Show is the best sports game going...if you like baseball.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:05 am

Am I the only one pumped for Starcraft 2? I don't care about most games these days, but I've been really looking forward to this. Even watched a couple of recorded battles with commentary from the beta. Outgeek that bitches!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.