Can we get a Video Game subforum?

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:47 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:
iwokeinrelief wrote:I really like 15 - now I need to find the time to finish it...

My two favorites are XII and IX. I revisited X with the remaster, and couldn't get past how godawful the emo-dialogue was to give it a proper re-play.
Just bust through the story asap and get back to the open world good stuff. There is a LOT to do. Come to think of it, I still need to catch a few rare carp...
Yeah, that's what I need to do - I got sucked back into Diablo 3 a couple weeks ago and have been rolling with a new character - need to put that on hold and get back to XV.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:12 pm

I finished The Last Guardian a few days ago. drymounting loved the whole thing.
It’s amazing. Knew Team ICO would deliver.

Yes the camera and controls can be a little frustrating, and commanding Trico to do certain things can take a while, but it doesn’t take anything away from the experience.
My girlfriend watched me play the final hour or so and she cried for a good portion of it.

There are moments in the game that can only be experienced in that game. Can’t recall any other game that has had me so attached to its characters.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:21 pm

Anyone watch the bat fudge bonkers Nintendo presentation last night? Or this equally awkward Treehouse stream going on right now?
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:55 pm

I fast forwarded through like 70% of it, so I probably missed all the weird stuff in between trailers. I might be sold on a switch after that Zelda trailer.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:59 pm

I didn't watch it but heard it was pretty bad. Something about an interpreter?

Overall I find the Switch pretty lacking. This is going to be the first Nintendo console release I'm sitting out of in a long time.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:17 pm

Darkknight37 wrote:I didn't watch it but heard it was pretty bad. Something about an interpreter?

Overall I find the Switch pretty lacking. This is going to be the first Nintendo console release I'm sitting out of in a long time.
Yeah it had some major bumps throughout, and was super cheesy a few times.

But still...ZELDA HD GAME GOTTA GET IT NOW

(honestly, I'd be buying the console if this was the ONLY game it ran)
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:34 pm

It looks goddamn fantastic.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:39 pm

Its a Nintendo system, so of course I will buy it. Mario looks solid as well.

Still can't get over the outfits the presenters were wearing...that one guy looked like he was wearing his Dad's Easter Sunday suit.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:43 pm

starkdesign wrote:
Darkknight37 wrote:I didn't watch it but heard it was pretty bad. Something about an interpreter?

Just buy the WiiU version :lol:

But I felt pretty burned on the WiiU, and this is looking like exactly the same thing. Only a handful of great first party games and then it collects dust forever. As much as I want to play the new Zelda and Mario games I'm just going to have to say no until there's a price drop or something. I feel like they're totally going to blunder their new online service too.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:19 pm

Battlefield 1 has made sniping fun again. Having to account for lead, drop, distance, etc. is so rewarding.
novascotiapower
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:29 pm

Def going to buy the Switch. Zelda trailer moved me last night, haven't been that blown away by a trailer since the E3 2015 MGSV trailer. Basically only played Smash and Mario Kart on my Wii U, although I also replayed Earthbound on the Virtual Console. I don't regret buying the console at all, still totally worth it.
DuoSonic
Art Expert

Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:14 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:Its a Nintendo system, so of course I will buy it.
Same. I want every Zelda, Super Mario, Metroid, and F-Zero game. Sure wish they'd continue those last two. There's a racing game that looks very F-Zero-esque, but it's not the real thing. Really surprised there weren't any Metroid games for the Wii U.

Geez, that Zelda trailer is beautiful. And the Mario one looks pretty good too.
mobius006
Art Freak

Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:23 pm

Darkknight37 wrote:
starkdesign wrote:

Just buy the WiiU version :lol:

But I felt pretty burned on the WiiU, and this is looking like exactly the same thing. Only a handful of great first party games and then it collects dust forever. As much as I want to play the new Zelda and Mario games I'm just going to have to say no until there's a price drop or something. I feel like they're totally going to blunder their new online service too.
As someone who has multiple 200 dollar prints in a flat file, I can be ok with a game system I turn on ever 30/90 days for 3 weeks.
DuoSonic
Art Expert

Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:28 pm

mobius006 wrote: As someone who has multiple 200 dollar prints in a flat file, I can be ok with a game system I turn on ever 30/90 days for 3 weeks.
I had the same thought. :)
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:00 pm

Fair enough.