Can we get a Video Game subforum?

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:35 pm

Picked up Shadow of Mordor during the Steam sale and its been a buncha fun to play, will be looking at that sequel later this year.

Also started Prey and need to jump back into that.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
Nicodemus317
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:46 pm

Well Walmart just officially cancelled all SNES Classic Preorders from last Friday. That sucks.
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:57 pm

Nicodemus317 wrote:Well Walmart just officially cancelled all SNES Classic Preorders from last Friday. That sucks.
Weird, why?
Nicodemus317
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:02 pm

michaelmillichamp wrote:
Nicodemus317 wrote:Well Walmart just officially cancelled all SNES Classic Preorders from last Friday. That sucks.
Weird, why?
Apparently they were put up by accident and the real preorder is going up this week or next. Everyone who got an order in at Walmart got a cancellation email, or should have.
cotis
Art Expert

Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:03 pm

+1 Wallyworld cancellation

:roll:
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:45 pm

cotis wrote:+1 Wallyworld cancellation

:roll:
Same here :(
wottagunn
Art Expert

Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:49 pm

After a good 15 years or so, ive picked up a PC game. Got steam in order to buy Playerunknowns Battlegrounds!
I had been contemplating getting it since the beta was released to the public. I played a few games last night and wish I didn’t pick it up sooner. So much fun. Haven’t played a game as intense in a very long time, if ever.
Struggling with the keyboard though. My hand was cramping up a lot. Anyone have some alternatives to using a keyboard, or more specifically WASD?
ajmmck
Art Expert

Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:02 pm

wottagunn wrote:After a good 15 years or so, ive picked up a PC game. Got steam in order to buy Playerunknowns Battlegrounds!
I had been contemplating getting it since the beta was released to the public. I played a few games last night and wish I didn’t pick it up sooner. So much fun. Haven’t played a game as intense in a very long time, if ever.
Struggling with the keyboard though. My hand was cramping up a lot. Anyone have some alternatives to using a keyboard, or more specifically WASD?
Looking to grab one for the Switch! Not sure how it would go with PC, but if they are porting Battlegrounds to Xbox later this year, im sure its do-able on a controller?

http://www.8bitdo.com/nes30pro-fc30pro/
T800
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:55 am

Wow. Yesterday I only got an email about the release date changing. And then today the cancellation email. That really sucks.
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:29 pm

wottagunn wrote:After a good 15 years or so, ive picked up a PC game. Got steam in order to buy Playerunknowns Battlegrounds!
My friend kept trying to get me to pick it up but I don't like Early Access games. He finally convinced me and now I have 400+ hours into it over the course of 2 months. fudge's addicting.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:42 am

michaelmillichamp wrote:
My friend kept trying to get me to pick it up but I don't like Early Access games. He finally convinced me and now I have 400+ hours into it over the course of 2 months. fudge's addicting.
Haha nice. It definitely is addictive, ive even been thinking about the game, and its keeping me up at night!
Came in 2nd last night in squads of 4. Me and a mate vs one other squad of 2 left at the end. My shitty aiming let us down. I cant hit people for fudge in medium to close range.

I played some solo games the other day. Came 4th, 97th, and 9th in my 3 solo rounds thus far.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:14 am

Nintendo wrote:We appreciate the incredible anticipation that exists for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition system, and can confirm that it will be made available for pre-order by various retailers late this month.

A significant amount of additional systems will be shipped to stores for launch day, and throughout the balance of the calendar year.
Here's some retailers placeholders:

https://www.target.com/p/snes-classic-e ... nk=sametab

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-en ... Id=5919830

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN ... 2-230c-20/
Vorpel
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:15 am

Check out the Logitech G13 Gamepad (http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/produc ... -gameboard). I have this and it's definitely better than WASD controls, and the ability to customize the other keys is a big plus.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:51 pm

Looking for recommendations for PS4 games. I like RPGs and 3rd/1st person games with RPG elements - really like games with either a focus on exploration or at least some sort of worldbuilding that lends itself to exploration.

Games I've played that I really enjoyed: SoulsBorne games; Witcher 3; everything Final Fantasy; new Mass Effect (yes, I actually liked it); Nioh; Persona 5; Fallout 3/4 (liked 4 less than 3, but love just ambling around the wasteland).

What's good that I'm overlooking in this vein? Need something new to play.
kcn0
Art Expert

Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:21 pm

ajmmck wrote:
Looking to grab one for the Switch! Not sure how it would go with PC, but if they are porting Battlegrounds to Xbox later this year, im sure its do-able on a controller?

http://www.8bitdo.com/nes30pro-fc30pro/
I have two of these for my Retropi.... I really enjoy them. My only complaint is that they are about the size of a NES controller, which if you can remember back then, is smaller than a SNES controller. They would be near perfect if they were slightly larger, but that is really my only complaint.
Main ISOs: Stout "Pulp Fiction" & anything Phlegm