Can we get a Video Game subforum?

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby DonPiano on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:24 pm

Jumped in to Rainbow Six Siege over the weekend, and really enjoyed it. It's small enough that it doesn't feel intense and exhaustive. Also, as it's 5 v 5, you're not sitting around waiting for an eternity for a match. Good multiplayer fun that seems to be continually supported by the developers, so that's positive.

Going to pick up Wolfenstein II on PSN during the sale. A fair few good games on offer there for Black Friday.
User avatar
DonPiano
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 7873
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:42 am
Location: Perth, Nowhere Australia.
Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

AB Film Review

wottagunn wrote:they're exactly the same you drymounts. go get an eye check

Postby Novotel16 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:39 pm

Anyone interested in a used Nintendo switch?? Played for about 10 hours. Has sat under tv since launch. Pm me if interested. $200 shipped. Thanks.
Novotel16
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:10 pm

Postby RambosRemodeler on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:40 pm

Picked up The Evil Within 2 and Fractured but Whole during the black friday sales. Playing Stick of Truth right now and it is way more fun than I expected it to be.
User avatar
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 17484
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 pm
Image
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.

Postby DonPiano on Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:19 am

Jumped into Wolfenstein II and I swear, this is possibly the hardest FPS around. Even on lower difficulties it's insane. I found the first two Wolfenstein's not so bad and could easily go through them on the highest difficulty, but this right here is insane. The courtroom sequence is nuts. Spent two hours on it last night and got nowhere. Had to drop it down a level.

Can't imagine going through it on the hardest difficulty - no deaths, no saves, hardest difficulty. Yeah, no thanks.
User avatar
DonPiano
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 7873
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:42 am
Location: Perth, Nowhere Australia.
Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

AB Film Review

wottagunn wrote:they're exactly the same you drymounts. go get an eye check

Postby lemtar999 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:25 pm

DonPiano wrote:Jumped into Wolfenstein II and I swear, this is possibly the hardest FPS around. Even on lower difficulties it's insane. I found the first two Wolfenstein's not so bad and could easily go through them on the highest difficulty, but this right here is insane. The courtroom sequence is nuts. Spent two hours on it last night and got nowhere. Had to drop it down a level.

Can't imagine going through it on the hardest difficulty - no deaths, no saves, hardest difficulty. Yeah, no thanks.


Best way to play that game is to run an shoot do not hunker down and try to hold a spot. You will die quickly.
lemtar999
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:30 am
Location: New Jersey

Postby DonPiano on Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:35 am

That's how I have been playing. The courtroom sequence has you with no armour and no ammo. It's intense trying to move around and killing enemies when you have to look directly at the ammo and armour to pick it up.
User avatar
DonPiano
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 7873
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:42 am
Location: Perth, Nowhere Australia.
Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

AB Film Review

wottagunn wrote:they're exactly the same you drymounts. go get an eye check

Postby iwokeinrelief on Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:21 pm

Was picking up a 3DS game for son this afternoon at Game Stop and noticed they had like 8 SNES Classics in stock behind the counter - couldn't resist snagging one. Now I just need to get some cord extenders and I can introduce my kids to a lot of my favorite childhood games.
User avatar
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1709
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:04 pm
Location: DALLAS

Postby ajmmck on Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:32 pm

iwokeinrelief wrote:Was picking up a 3DS game for son this afternoon at Game Stop and noticed they had like 8 SNES Classics in stock behind the counter - couldn't resist snagging one. Now I just need to get some cord extenders and I can introduce my kids to a lot of my favorite childhood games.

And if those games weren't included in the set 30, you can easily add them!
User avatar
ajmmck
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 2111
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:28 pm
Location: Australia
ImageImage

Postby iwokeinrelief on Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:51 pm

ajmmck wrote:
iwokeinrelief wrote:Was picking up a 3DS game for son this afternoon at Game Stop and noticed they had like 8 SNES Classics in stock behind the counter - couldn't resist snagging one. Now I just need to get some cord extenders and I can introduce my kids to a lot of my favorite childhood games.

And if those games weren't included in the set 30, you can easily add them!

Oh, yeah - thanks for the reminder! I bookmarked the instructions for that last month, and had already forgotten about it :D
User avatar
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1709
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:04 pm
Location: DALLAS

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:21 pm

SNES Classic has been super fun, especially w the mod
User avatar
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 6380
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:48 pm
Location: Houston

Postby lemtar999 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:31 pm

Cinlabyrinth wrote:SNES Classic has been super fun, especially w the mod


Still cant find one anywhere.
lemtar999
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:30 am
Location: New Jersey

Postby alteridiom on Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:46 am

Picked up a Playstation 4 last week. Dove in to Horizon Zero Dawn and I'm obsessed. This may be the best game I've ever played.
User avatar
alteridiom
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5313
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:23 am
Location: Tennessee
Small town pizza lawyer

Postby DonPiano on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:59 pm

alteridiom wrote:Picked up a Playstation 4 last week. Dove in to Horizon Zero Dawn and I'm obsessed. This may be the best game I've ever played.


Did you get the DLC with it? I finished the main campaign and then jumped into the DLC and loved it. It's mighty hard though, so if you do jump into that, make sure you're at a high level.

Has anybody played the Zero Time Dilemma games?
User avatar
DonPiano
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 7873
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:42 am
Location: Perth, Nowhere Australia.
Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

AB Film Review

wottagunn wrote:they're exactly the same you drymounts. go get an eye check

Postby alteridiom on Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:09 pm

DonPiano wrote:
alteridiom wrote:Picked up a Playstation 4 last week. Dove in to Horizon Zero Dawn and I'm obsessed. This may be the best game I've ever played.


Did you get the DLC with it? I finished the main campaign and then jumped into the DLC and loved it. It's mighty hard though, so if you do jump into that, make sure you're at a high level. quote]

No not yet but will definitely get it. Looking for other PS4 recommendations. Was thinking Last of Us next?
User avatar
alteridiom
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5313
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:23 am
Location: Tennessee
Small town pizza lawyer

Postby DonPiano on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:33 pm

Depends on what you like. You definitely should get Uncharted 4, and the rest of the series if you haven't played them before.

Last of Us is good, but I'm not the biggest fan of it. However, many are.

Also, pick up Resogun on the PSN store. It's cheap. It's still one of the greatest games on the console.
User avatar
DonPiano
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 7873
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:42 am
Location: Perth, Nowhere Australia.
Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

AB Film Review

wottagunn wrote:they're exactly the same you drymounts. go get an eye check

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest