Can we get a Video Game subforum?

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:41 pm

I was the total opposite from both of you, I thought Battlefront 1 was awful. Zero depth/progression and almost every match was a steamroll one way or another, just a reskin thrown together to milk the film release. Was extremely hyped for it, then crushed when I played the beta. Tried it later with EA's $5/mo access deal and was so glad I didn't pay full price, I did everything there is to do in like... 3 days.

Went into BF2 hoping for improvement and certainly got it. They really did respond to feedback and I think they nailed it. Maps feel great to me.. not sure where that came from, plenty of stuff going on. The battle points system is a HUGE improvement to the god awful token pickup system.

It needed a redesign from the bottom up IMO, if you were satisfied with the first game I don't even know what to tell you. It was fudge.
davemfan
Art Expert

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:31 pm

Has anyone tried out Shadow of War? I loved Shadow of Mordor and just wondered if it was any good. Game play videos seem great.
ImageImageImage
mobius006
Art Freak

Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:28 pm

Thread needs to heat up..
agr719
Art Expert

Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:30 pm

Anybody modded their SNES Classic yet? It's apparently super easy. I'll get around to it one day, just trying to make my way through some other stuff first. Been hard to spend as much time playing it as I would like.
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
mobius006
Art Freak

Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:33 pm

agr719 wrote:Anybody modded their SNES Classic yet? It's apparently super easy. I'll get around to it one day, just trying to make my way through some other stuff first. Been hard to spend as much time playing it as I would like.
Its super easy.

Only issue I ran into was trying to update custom folders with custom art. The pack I had was sized wrong for some reason and crashed.

Box art wise I used 3D ones for NES and Gameboy from - http://hyperspin-fe.com/files/category/122-box-packs/

Found a Switch style pack for SNES.
agr719
Art Expert

Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:44 pm

Oh cool, so you did the RetroArch mod with other systems? I think whenever I get around to it, I'll just start out with adding SNES games that run on the native emulator. Seriously, with about half a dozen or so more games that I played growing up, this would legit be a perfect system. I have a list of about 20 or so that I'll hopefully add.
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:07 pm

davemfan wrote:Has anyone tried out Shadow of War? I loved Shadow of Mordor and just wondered if it was any good. Game play videos seem great.
Played for an hour and a half and refunded until it goes on sale. Bought the first at full price and never finished it, this one's too similar for me to do the same
mobius006
Art Freak

Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:43 pm

agr719 wrote:Oh cool, so you did the RetroArch mod with other systems? I think whenever I get around to it, I'll just start out with adding SNES games that run on the native emulator. Seriously, with about half a dozen or so more games that I played growing up, this would legit be a perfect system. I have a list of about 20 or so that I'll hopefully add.
Its really easy, and hakchi2 will default to RetroAcrh once installed on ones it knows have problems already. Its really is just drag the RetroArch zip over, select the emulators you need.

I'm currently set up defaulting into the normal games, and then drilling into the others. Didn't want to mess with the art on the 21 games on the system.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:38 pm

I traded in Destiny 2 yesterday for The Fractured But Whole. only played the first 30-60 mins, but im enjoying it already. funny stuff.
still loving PUBG of course. cant put it down
lemtar999
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:43 pm

wottagunn wrote:I traded in Destiny 2 yesterday for The Fractured But Whole. only played the first 30-60 mins, but im enjoying it already. funny stuff.
still loving PUBG of course. cant put it down
Im real bored with destiny 2 but I had purchased the deluxe edition on PC with like a million wow gold I had 2 months ago. I hope it will be a better experience since all my friends I play with are on PC. I doubt it though cuz the problems with that game go beyond having people to play with.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:38 pm

yep exactly. I have about 10 mates that all play it on ps4. I enjoyed it at first, but once we finished the raid I had had enough. still put 65 hours in to it or so.
its all far too repetitive for me. every week at the reset you have to do the exact same fudge as the previous week. Do ikora's missions, then get cades maps, do the public events, the crucible challenges, the nightfall etc
game can drymount right off
alteridiom
Art Expert

Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:38 am

kcn0 wrote:It is definitely more than a $30 investment:
-Raspberry Pi v3
-Case
-Power cord (preferably one with an on/off switch)
-Micro SD card
-Controller(s) (preferably Bluetooth)

...and then some setup time. If it is your first time, it can be a bit confusing on what you need, where to go, how to setup controllers, etc. This is worse than paying for the stuff.

Once setup... it is awesome! Plus, you can add Kodi and have unlimited TV shows and movies for my favorite price (*free*).
I'm gonna dive in and try this out. So I can run RetroPi and Kodi on the same unit?
Small town pizza lawyer
lemtar999
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:08 pm

Guys the opening of Wolfenstien 2 is making a strong case for one of the best video game opening levels of all time.
mobius006
Art Freak

Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:18 pm

lemtar999 wrote:Guys the opening of Wolfenstien 2 is making a strong case for one of the best video game opening levels of all time.
I really need to get this soon. to many games this week.
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:07 pm

Totally forgot I bought Wolfenstein 2 and installed it overnight :rock: