Can we get a Video Game subforum?

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:24 pm

Jumped in to Rainbow Six Siege over the weekend, and really enjoyed it. It's small enough that it doesn't feel intense and exhaustive. Also, as it's 5 v 5, you're not sitting around waiting for an eternity for a match. Good multiplayer fun that seems to be continually supported by the developers, so that's positive.

Going to pick up Wolfenstein II on PSN during the sale. A fair few good games on offer there for Black Friday.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
Novotel16
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:39 pm

Anyone interested in a used Nintendo switch?? Played for about 10 hours. Has sat under tv since launch. Pm me if interested. $200 shipped. Thanks.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:40 pm

Picked up The Evil Within 2 and Fractured but Whole during the black friday sales. Playing Stick of Truth right now and it is way more fun than I expected it to be.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:19 am

Jumped into Wolfenstein II and I swear, this is possibly the hardest FPS around. Even on lower difficulties it's insane. I found the first two Wolfenstein's not so bad and could easily go through them on the highest difficulty, but this right here is insane. The courtroom sequence is nuts. Spent two hours on it last night and got nowhere. Had to drop it down a level.

Can't imagine going through it on the hardest difficulty - no deaths, no saves, hardest difficulty. Yeah, no thanks.
The Curb

lemtar999
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:25 pm

DonPiano wrote:Jumped into Wolfenstein II and I swear, this is possibly the hardest FPS around. Even on lower difficulties it's insane. I found the first two Wolfenstein's not so bad and could easily go through them on the highest difficulty, but this right here is insane. The courtroom sequence is nuts. Spent two hours on it last night and got nowhere. Had to drop it down a level.

Can't imagine going through it on the hardest difficulty - no deaths, no saves, hardest difficulty. Yeah, no thanks.

Best way to play that game is to run an shoot do not hunker down and try to hold a spot. You will die quickly.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:35 am

That's how I have been playing. The courtroom sequence has you with no armour and no ammo. It's intense trying to move around and killing enemies when you have to look directly at the ammo and armour to pick it up.
The Curb

iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:21 pm

Was picking up a 3DS game for son this afternoon at Game Stop and noticed they had like 8 SNES Classics in stock behind the counter - couldn't resist snagging one. Now I just need to get some cord extenders and I can introduce my kids to a lot of my favorite childhood games.
ajmmck
Art Expert

Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:32 pm

iwokeinrelief wrote:Was picking up a 3DS game for son this afternoon at Game Stop and noticed they had like 8 SNES Classics in stock behind the counter - couldn't resist snagging one. Now I just need to get some cord extenders and I can introduce my kids to a lot of my favorite childhood games.
And if those games weren't included in the set 30, you can easily add them!
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:51 pm

ajmmck wrote:
iwokeinrelief wrote:Was picking up a 3DS game for son this afternoon at Game Stop and noticed they had like 8 SNES Classics in stock behind the counter - couldn't resist snagging one. Now I just need to get some cord extenders and I can introduce my kids to a lot of my favorite childhood games.
And if those games weren't included in the set 30, you can easily add them!
Oh, yeah - thanks for the reminder! I bookmarked the instructions for that last month, and had already forgotten about it :D
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:21 pm

SNES Classic has been super fun, especially w the mod
lemtar999
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:31 pm

Cinlabyrinth wrote:SNES Classic has been super fun, especially w the mod
Still cant find one anywhere.
alteridiom
Art Expert

Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:46 am

Picked up a Playstation 4 last week. Dove in to Horizon Zero Dawn and I'm obsessed. This may be the best game I've ever played.
Small town pizza lawyer
DonPiano
Art Expert

Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:59 pm

alteridiom wrote:Picked up a Playstation 4 last week. Dove in to Horizon Zero Dawn and I'm obsessed. This may be the best game I've ever played.
Did you get the DLC with it? I finished the main campaign and then jumped into the DLC and loved it. It's mighty hard though, so if you do jump into that, make sure you're at a high level.

Has anybody played the Zero Time Dilemma games?
The Curb

alteridiom
Art Expert

Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:09 pm

DonPiano wrote:
alteridiom wrote:Picked up a Playstation 4 last week. Dove in to Horizon Zero Dawn and I'm obsessed. This may be the best game I've ever played.
Did you get the DLC with it? I finished the main campaign and then jumped into the DLC and loved it. It's mighty hard though, so if you do jump into that, make sure you're at a high level. quote]

No not yet but will definitely get it. Looking for other PS4 recommendations. Was thinking Last of Us next?
Small town pizza lawyer
DonPiano
Art Expert

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:33 pm

Depends on what you like. You definitely should get Uncharted 4, and the rest of the series if you haven't played them before.

Last of Us is good, but I'm not the biggest fan of it. However, many are.

Also, pick up Resogun on the PSN store. It's cheap. It's still one of the greatest games on the console.
The Curb