Can we get a Video Game subforum?

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:37 am

RiotAct wrote:
wottagunn wrote:One of my mates just finished it, and loved it.

Even though im a huge dark souls fan, I think Nioh looks pretty rubbish. My mate said im a drymounting idiot for thinking that
Maybe ill give it shot
It's like Soulsborne, Ninja Gaiden, Onimusha and Diablo all rolled into one.
Diablo? In which way? Nioh is on my list to check out eventually, but I drymounting love diablo...
RiotAct
EB Team

Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:29 am

iwokeinrelief wrote:
RiotAct wrote:

Even though im a huge dark souls fan, I think Nioh looks pretty rubbish. My mate said im a drymounting idiot for thinking that
Maybe ill give it shot
Diablo? In which way? Nioh is on my list to check out eventually, but I drymounting love diablo...
The loot system
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:41 am

RiotAct wrote:
iwokeinrelief wrote:
RiotAct wrote:

Maybe ill give it shot
The loot system
Dammit. I can't resist a loot system.
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:06 pm

Starcraft Remastered? I think I'll finally give it a shot. How good can the Koreans really be?
wottagunn
Art Expert

Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:18 am

Firing up Dark Souls 3 ‘The Ringed City’ right now. Sad times, end of an era. Last bit of Dark Souls content ever.
RiotAct
EB Team

Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:12 am

wottagunn wrote:Firing up Dark Souls 3 ‘The Ringed City’ right now. Sad times, end of an era. Last bit of Dark Souls content ever.
Is just the Dark Souls franchise done, or the entire Soulsbourne "family"?
wottagunn
Art Expert

Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:55 pm

There will be no more “Souls” games. Could possibly see a Bloodborne 2 but I doubt that. My bet is we will see a new franchise, hopefully something similar to Souls.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:32 pm

Just picked up my first gaming headset, looking forward to having something proper.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x ... rer=VQV5A9

ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
mobius006
Art Freak

Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:08 pm

Back down the destiny hole on ps4. Looking to run the newest raid... and then hit the 290 older raids.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:25 pm

wottagunn wrote:Firing up Dark Souls 3 ‘The Ringed City’ right now. Sad times, end of an era. Last bit of Dark Souls content ever.
Up to the hidden boss now. Last boss ill ever fight in Souls, and it’s a tough one. Havent come even close when playing with others.
This DLC has been great. Pretty long, and very tough.
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:16 pm

Quake Champions scratches the itch but has some problems.
novascotiapower
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:34 pm

Me playing Persona 5:

RottenAtom
Art Freak

Mon May 08, 2017 3:45 pm

Growing up, we never had a Super Nintendo. We had Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, and Nintendo 64. I'm not sure if it's just because we didn't have one, or because Mortal Kombat on SNES didn't have blood in it, but I always had a kind of bias or grudge against the system. I liked F-Zero and played it at friends' houses, but never played much else on the SNES, including Super Mario World. Admittedly, I'm not much of a gamer (never played a PS3, PS4, or any XBox), but I've always loved Mario games. I bought a Wii and Wii U just for the Mario games.

Recently, 24 Super Nintendo games fell in my lap, and I was considering a quick sale at a retro game shop for some extra Disney show money. They offered me $100 cash or $200 store credit. The guys said I had a lot of essentials and classic titles in the box. I saw that they had SNES systems for sale and figured I'd get my money's worth of enjoyment out of the games if I opted not to sell them and get a Super Nintendo instead. I picked out the games that interested me (16 of them) and traded in the remainders towards the system (a model I hadn't seen, pictured below), an extra controller, F-Zero, and extension cords.

I gotta say, I've been having a blast with the system. I hooked it up to my old tube TV in the bedroom and it looks better than I anticipated. The colors are bright. Super Mario World is a lot of fun (and the music is surprisingly good), and I was thrilled when I discovered that Super Mario All Stars has the original 3 SNES Mario games and a Lost Levels game I'd never heard of. The NES Super Mario Bros is the first game I ever played and probably my all-time favorite game. It's been fun to check out the version on SNES with the updated graphics and sound. I was thrilled to discover that Lost Levels is basically a harder remix of the original - that's right up my alley.

These are the games I have. I don't have a ton of time to play, but I look forward to slowly going through them.

Disney's Aladdin
Donky Kong Country 2
F-Zero
Home Alone
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Mega Man X
Mortal Kombat II
NHLPA Hockey '93- (I bought this one because my brother and I still play this game on Sega during the holidays and I was curious to check out the SNES version. It's very similar, but the Genesis version has far superior music and a better deke move that makes scoring easier.)
Super Mario All-Stars
Super Mario RPG - Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Star Wars
Super Return of the Jedi
Super Street Fighter II
Timon & Pumbaa's Jungle Games

Didn't really know where else to share my newfound enthusiasm for the SNES, hence the post :pint:
starkdesign
Art Expert

Mon May 08, 2017 4:04 pm

Congrats on the SNES score, its an awesome system!

And those lost levels are the real SMB 2, not the crap one we got here in the states! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mar ... ost_Levels

now stop playing marios and get to that ZELDAAAAAAA
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Mon May 08, 2017 4:33 pm

starkdesign wrote:Congrats on the SNES score, its an awesome system!

And those lost levels are the real SMB 2, not the crap one we got here in the states! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mar ... ost_Levels

now stop playing marios and get to that ZELDAAAAAAA
Thanks, Stark.

Looking forward to Zelda, for sure, but it'll be tough to get me off of these Marios. I love to run and jump!

I was reading about the Lost Levels/SMB 2 thing. Now I get why our version is the way it is. (Still looking forward to playing through it again though.)

I've been reading lots of 'Top 10 Mario Games' lists and I'm surprised that Super Mario World is on top of nearly all of them. That's impressive. I'm only in World 2 and I'm loving it, but I'll be surprised if it passes some of my other favorite Mario games. It's tough to pick a favorite. I'll always rank Super Mario Bros. for NES high, and I love SMB 3, Mario 64, and both Galaxy games. I really enjoy the updated 2D side scrollers for Wii and Wii U too. Sidenote- I keep trying to use the updated Wii controls and moves on the Super NIntendo because they're built into my muscle memory. I forget that there is no wall jumping or shaking of the wii controller to spin mid-air and get that extra distance. My wife laughs every time I shake it, which is often (and usually ends with Mario's death). :lol:

I hope Super Mario World does rank near the top for me. I had no idea that it was so acclaimed before reading those articles. If any Mario fans care to chime in with their favorite Mario games (or Top 5 or 10), I'd be interested in seeing your picks/rankings.