Can we get a Video Game subforum?

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
howdyall
Art Expert

Fri May 26, 2017 2:23 pm

...considering getting Far Cry 5 when it comes out, on the principle that the antagonists are libertardian christian nutjobs. That said, never played any of the FC series. Fav game series are Fallout and Resident Evil...am I gonna hate it?
novascotiapower
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 26, 2017 4:28 pm

howdyall wrote:...considering getting Far Cry 5 when it comes out, on the principle that the antagonists are libertardian christian nutjobs. That said, never played any of the FC series. Fav game series are Fallout and Resident Evil...am I gonna hate it?
Nah, you'll dig it. If you have the means, maybe download FarCry: Blood Dragon. Such a fun game (really a standalone DLC), that'll give you a feel for the series. And it's short!
starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue May 30, 2017 9:52 am

RottenAtom wrote:I've been a retro video game system magnet as of late. Still playing SNES (Mostly Super Mario World right now. Having lots of fun with it. Took me waaay longer to pass the World 3 castle and the 2 levels before it than it should have :lol: As annoying as it is, I actually enjoy not being able to save after every level. Draws the game out and makes it more difficult).

After having a taste of the inferior SNES version of NHLPA '93, I couldn't take it and had to play the real thing. Our family Sega is up in Michigan so I grabbed a used model 1 Genesis and the game from the local retro shop. (It's so much better! It's faster, has way better music, controls, and more options like edit lines and playing as teammates in the playoffs. Blood too.) I'm currently not itching to get any other games for the system and don't remember loving many games for it other than Sonic and sports games like NBA Live '95 and NBA Jam. If there's any great Sega games I should try, please let me know.

A friend recently gave me a PS2 he was going to throw away. I pretty much play Tony Hawk games exclusively on this system. Picked up THUG and THUG2 for cheap at a thrift shop.

The craziest thing I stumbled on is an Atari 2600 with a bunch of games and different controllers. Hadn't played one in years. It's a light 6 switch with the wood grain and it actually works. It even came with my favorite game, Pitfall! No Ghostbusters or Q*Bert though. This system cracks me up. It looks like a super classy dehumidifier- fit for a log cabin. The controller ports are in the back. The controller cords are super short, but the AC adaptor and the one going into the TV are long, so you can sit further away as long as the system is next to you. I look funny laying in bed with it by my side.

The system has nostalgic/retro appeal, but so far, the only game I actually enjoy playing is Pitfall! These are the other games that came with it: Adventure, Asteroids, Combat, Defender, Missile Command, Othello, Pac-Man, Haunted House, Space Invaders, Space Attack, Star Raiders, Street Racer, Super Breakout, Video Pinball, and Warlords. There are some doubles of games with different covers and an asterisk after the name, such as Asteroids*. They appear to play the same as the non-asterisk games.

Hey rotten, if you ever need a new controller, take one of those genesis controllers and plug it into that Atari! (blew my mind the first time I realized that lol) :shock:
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
Jamilton
Art Expert

Tue May 30, 2017 9:59 am

novascotiapower wrote:
howdyall wrote:...considering getting Far Cry 5 when it comes out, on the principle that the antagonists are libertardian christian nutjobs. That said, never played any of the FC series. Fav game series are Fallout and Resident Evil...am I gonna hate it?
Nah, you'll dig it. If you have the means, maybe download FarCry: Blood Dragon. Such a fun game (really a standalone DLC), that'll give you a feel for the series. And it's short!
The whole Far Cry series is great. I've played them since they started but 3 and 4 are both a blast. Looking forward to 5. Just started playing through Horizon Zero Dawn and am enjoying it quite a bit. Similar in action and style to Far Cry (open world, multiple different kinds of tasks/missions to complete). And giant robot creatures are awesome.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Tue May 30, 2017 11:25 am

starkdesign wrote:Hey rotten, if you ever need a new controller, take one of those genesis controllers and plug it into that Atari! (blew my mind the first time I realized that lol) :shock:
Ooh, nice! Can't wait to play Pitfall! with a Sega controller.
mobius006
Art Freak

Tue May 30, 2017 5:25 pm

Couldn't be more excited for this.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:24 am

Any word on when Stardew Valley is coming out on the switch? really want that...
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
guryter
Art Expert

Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:44 pm

Is this where people also talk about building a retropi?
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
davemfan
Art Expert

Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:45 am

Anyone see Star Wars Battlefront 2 or Anthem gameplay from E3? Anthem is a new shooter, looks pretty badass from the 6 or so minute gameplay footage they revealed. Won't be out until 2018 though. SWBF2 looks great. Can't wait to play it.

Anyone getting a new Xbox One X this fall?
ImageImageImage
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:13 am

I'm thinking about getting the new Xbox - it probably depends on how Crackdown 3 gets reviewed. The first game is an all time favorite of mine, if they can get close to it again I'll need to play it, and might as well by the premium system while I'm at it.
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:54 am

Battlefront 2 looks great.. I was hyped for the first but disappointed in release. Replacing the token pickups with performance-based battle points to spend on vehicles/heroes/special classes mid-game is a massive improvement. There was a similar system in the original Battlefront games but it's presented much better in this one. They're also bringing the phase-based gameplay from Battlefield 1 over which can help a losing team rally against a steamroll. Bringing back the classes from the original games is also huge.. really surprised and glad to see they responded to feedback. Anthem looks great too.
Oh, and these..
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:21 am

Picked up that new Mass Effect a while back on sale, finally got around to playing it last week. Didn't pay a lot of attention to the complaints back when it came out (so not sure if they were addressed through patches) but I had a total blast playing it, blew through it in about a week.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:44 am

Can't wait to get that Xbox One X. Looks as legit as I was hoping.

+1
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:49 am

Most important is new Wolfenstein!
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
ajmmck
Art Expert

Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:42 pm

There had better be multiplayer this time