Can we get a Video Game subforum?

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby DonPiano on Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:27 pm

I think I'm enjoying it because of the lack of things to do in it. It's very calm and easy to move around. Best comparison is that it's like a walking simulator, except you can shoot things. This will likely upset a lot of Fallout faithfuls no doubt, but I like it!

Certainly a lot more than I've enjoyed Red Dead Redemption 2 which has felt like work every time I turn it on. Visually stunning, mechanically great, and narratively very interesting - just, exhausting stuff to remember what to do all the time.
DonPiano
Art Expert

The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.

Postby wottagunn on Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:43 pm

DonPiano wrote:I think I'm enjoying it because of the lack of things to do in it. It's very calm and easy to move around. Best comparison is that it's like a walking simulator, except you can shoot things. This will likely upset a lot of Fallout faithfuls no doubt, but I like it!

Certainly a lot more than I've enjoyed Red Dead Redemption 2 which has felt like work every time I turn it on. Visually stunning, mechanically great, and narratively very interesting - just, exhausting stuff to remember what to do all the time.

exactly my thoughts in regards to rdr2.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Image Image Image ImageImage

Postby DonPiano on Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:01 pm

I think the other aspect of Fallout 76 that I've enjoyed is when I play it with a friend. Spent a good six hours playing it the other night with him, and loved it. Best part was when we spent a good two hours trying to take out a group of super mutants, and when I managed to figure out how to throw a molotov and ended up accidentally killing us as it hit a wall and burnt us to death. Good fun.
DonPiano
Art Expert

The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.

Postby ToonKiller on Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:37 am

Walking simulator lulz
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Postby mobius006 on Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:57 pm

hitman 2 is good. Buy hitman 2
mobius006
Art Freak

Postby SPAC04 on Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:32 am

Anyone know the best way to get original Starcraft (or diablo 1 & 2) to run? I have a mac book but at this point I am not against buying an old laptop just to get my game on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as its been years since i played em. Also trying to run the Rebellion AvP FPS which was way ahead of its time.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Postby TKuczynski on Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:17 am

SPAC04 wrote:Anyone know the best way to get original Starcraft (or diablo 1 & 2) to run? I have a mac book but at this point I am not against buying an old laptop just to get my game on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as its been years since i played em. Also trying to run the Rebellion AvP FPS which was way ahead of its time.

Didnt Blizzard remaster the original starcraft?
TKuczynski
Art Expert

Postby SPAC04 on Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:57 pm

from what I've read that is the free one that is available. I think i am just having compatibility issues with my broke ass comp. Been trying to play those gaimes forever.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Previous

Return to Anything Goes