Random Posts & Chaos

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
shoeless
Art Expert

Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:53 am

canuck wrote:Where the F is the link to see the art of the year and what places they took beyond just the winners on the homepage?!
Main Page
Art Lists
Art of the Year
canuck
Art Freak

Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:46 am

durrrrrrr. thanks .
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:28 pm

Enviro-Activist Killed While Marching Barefoot Across America
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/enviro ... ailsignout

I had only just come across this guy's blog like last week :shock:

https://notgoingtomakeit.com/
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:43 am

fredo
Art God

Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:06 pm

You know how when you buy the medium-sized coffee and you finish it and think...why the hell didn't I pony up the extra 50 cents?
That.
just a foil for me today, thanks
taylorph
Art Expert

Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:56 pm

I always just pony up that extra 50 cents.

Go big or go home

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...
Philpenn
Art Expert

Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:50 am

Talks of selling a high value print died immediately once I turned down a face to face deal in NYC. Robbery avoided?
mrsippycups
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:16 am

Philpenn wrote:Talks of selling a high value print died immediately once I turned down a face to face deal in NYC. Robbery avoided?
I have done deals in banks before if your a member there they might even have a room/table you can use. Then just deposit the money into your account.

if you are paranoid show up 45 minutes early to lessen your chance of getting jumped outside or if your that paranoid don't do the deal.

idk, I have never been too worried about dealing with people face to face from the internet so maybe I just don't understand.
recycler wrote:You do not need poster nerds to tell you what you should like.
ISO: "Champagne Charlie" sheet music cover by Alfred Concanen
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:51 pm

So good. :clap:
So it goes...
fredo
Art God

Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:52 pm

Winona looks crazy in that shot...and is!
wottagunn
Art Expert

Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:15 pm

Looking for some advice on this:

August last year I commissioned an artist to do a little ink drawing for me. 10x10” I think it was. He’s not a big artist at all, I came across him on Instagram.
He got on to it straight away and sent me shots of the finished piece 2 days later. I paid once it was finished (about 200 USD).
I assumed he sent it out that week. 6 or so weeks go by, which is where I start to worry about lost post. Sent him a message on Instagram to which I had no reply. Think I tried another two times before the new year, to one of which he said it would be coming soon.
A few weeks later, now early this year, I ask him again where its at. No reply. Sent an email to his GF too which went unanswered. In that email I said, even though I didn’t want to, that id open a claim if I didn’t receive a tracking or some sort of reply soon.

I try one final time to reach him, as a comment on an Instagram post. He replies, saying that he sent it to the wrong address and that it was sent back to him. He said sorry, and that it is now on its way to the correct address.
That was about 2 weeks ago I think.

If he actually did send it, it could still well be on its way. BUT my PP claim period ends Feb 4th… so what should I do?

Ive never really dealt with something like this before. I know artists can get busy, but 6 months is quite a bit of time to send out a drawing that was completed within 2 days.
fredo
Art God

Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:20 pm

Have you considered satan?
hunterjax
Art Expert

Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:23 pm

wottagunn wrote:Looking for some advice on this:

August last year I commissioned an artist to do a little ink drawing for me. 10x10” I think it was. He’s not a big artist at all, I came across him on Instagram.
He got on to it straight away and sent me shots of the finished piece 2 days later. I paid once it was finished (about 200 USD).
I assumed he sent it out that week. 6 or so weeks go by, which is where I start to worry about lost post. Sent him a message on Instagram to which I had no reply. Think I tried another two times before the new year, to one of which he said it would be coming soon.
A few weeks later, now early this year, I ask him again where its at. No reply. Sent an email to his GF too which went unanswered. In that email I said, even though I didn’t want to, that id open a claim if I didn’t receive a tracking or some sort of reply soon.

I try one final time to reach him, as a comment on an Instagram post. He replies, saying that he sent it to the wrong address and that it was sent back to him. He said sorry, and that it is now on its way to the correct address.
That was about 2 weeks ago I think.

If he actually did send it, it could still well be on its way. BUT my PP claim period ends Feb 4th… so what should I do?

Ive never really dealt with something like this before. I know artists can get busy, but 6 months is quite a bit of time to send out a drawing that was completed within 2 days.
I think if you start a claim and then receive the art, you can cancel/end the claim by saying it's resolved. I wouldn't wait any longer.
squalie
Art Expert

Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:25 pm

File claim, pray to underlord.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:29 am

Name n' shame or GTFO.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.