Random Posts & Chaos

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
finneganm
Art Freak

Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:44 am

In my view, it’s only a boys club because most women I know are smart enough to not spend hard earned money on like a drymounting Pee Wee’s Big Adventure “limited edition” poster.
That's what she said
IWish
Art Expert

Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:52 am

finneganm wrote:In my view, it’s only a boys club because most women I know are smart enough to not spend hard earned money on like a drymounting Pee Wee’s Big Adventure “limited edition” poster.
Heh. That would have been my best guess, too...at one time. That is...prior to the opportunity to speak to other female members. It's not a very welcoming environment for the most part, actually. That goes for newbs (of any gender) and the toxic environment regarding females. Sure, I could leave...as suggested by egt, but why should I? Besides, no way can I leave now...principle won't allow it in my case.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:56 am

finneganm wrote:In my view, it’s only a boys club because most women I know are smart enough to not spend hard earned money on like a drymounting Pee Wee’s Big Adventure “limited edition” poster.
Was going to go down the same path. Women don't buy Predator posters like the fab 5 here who think this is their roost. :)

But she is right most these guys are childish. They probably never have a chance to talk to real girls so they resort to their toddler years by being mean as they are unsure of their feelings and how to act. Sad.
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:11 pm

Kramerica wrote:jkw's post was in reference to the message that a show poster promoting HCG's newest show is sending to females, not about EB in general. I would generally agree that this forum is treated as somewhat of a boys club but you are pulling an individual post of his out of context. I thought it was clear if you read the rest of the thread that he was not trying to show support for the exclusion of females from the forum but making a commentary on the irresponsible nature of the show poster.
Pretty much. There's something genuinely drymounted up about responding to the situation as if an offended group is merely overreacting and should process the image in the same way as a completely unaffected group does. It's not even in an individual case - every single woman that commented on FB called it out. But the topic's been beaten enough, whatever points I had on it have been sent off into the ether along with the rest of the thread on FB as they removed the image, and now my only response at this juncture is, yeah, this hobby's a bit of a boy's club, guys who are annoyed at the "fun" being called out for what it is might as well go hide in forts if it's that much of an issue to be called out on it. Especially that poster - 3-4 minor changes excising the offending material would not have hurt its grindhouse/exploitation parody, but in its current state it was just demeaning to say the least.

Appreciate your backup, dude. :pint:
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:35 pm

IWish wrote:I'm going to say that jkw's post was in jest - hard to say without really "knowing" him, other than, his online persona.
I've only been here for a little over a year and know can obviously tell JWK's post was commentary on the situation HGC created and he would most likely never only want this to be a boys club. Honestly, he's probably one of the most civil I've seen around here. It just seems like you try to pick fights for no drymounting reason just to see yourself type and have people engage.

Seriously, it's a god damn glorified paper forum, take a breath.
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:40 pm

Appreciate it, but it's cool - I understand that not everything translates online, we're all randos and who knows how many of us are actually decent people. Or bots. Or people who are legit into mermen. #judgmentfreezone
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:43 pm

IWish wrote:I can't stress enough for folks to be vigilant about taking care of their (and loved ones) health. In my case, I contracted what's called RSV and it put me in the hospital for 5 days. I've been on home oxygen ever since (off/on). I was not in poor heath prior to getting hit with this.

Just don't take any chances with your health. I honestly don't know what would have happen - had I not driven myself to the hospital when I did. I, like many others, tend to minimize illness - it took the nurses/doctors to convince me of how sick I really was.

Don't take chances with your health. Seriously.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... 20180202_1
Wow. Hope you are getting better every day. Thanks for sharing about this.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
rubberneck
Art God

Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:45 pm

Forum discussion is discussing... :pint:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:46 pm

What did I miss?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
IWish
Art Expert

Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:32 pm

michaelmillichamp wrote:I've only been here for a little over a year and know can obviously tell JWK's post was commentary on the situation HGC created and he would most likely never only want this to be a boys club. Honestly, he's probably one of the most civil I've seen around here. It just seems like you try to pick fights for no drymounting reason just to see yourself type and have people engage.

Seriously, it's a god damn glorified paper forum, take a breath.
What, exactly, did you not understand in my previous post (copy/pasted, below)? I clearly stated that first impression was jkw's post was made in jest... AND...that I sometimes have trouble interpreting certain posts.

Seems to me that YOU ARE the one looking to pick a fight with me. Good try, but not enough bs to support what you're trying to imply.
IWish wrote:
...since I'm not part of that club, it's difficult (for me, sometimes) to realize the difference. As mentioned, my first impression was that jkw's post was made in jest. I will totally admit that I do have trouble interpreting certain posts and when I do find it difficult - I usually just ignore it. I just...well...would REALLY like to stop some of the sexist nature, around here, and I don't know how else to do that, but to question it. Thanks for being reasonable, Kram.
IWish
Art Expert

Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:36 pm

gorkie wrote:Wow. Hope you are getting better every day. Thanks for sharing about this.
Thank you for your well-wishes, gorkie. I'm doing much better.
maroozer
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:47 pm

Sometimes not saying anything can say a lot.
fredo
Art God

Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:21 pm

maroozer wrote:Sometimes not saying anything can say a lot.
But not on a faceless forum where one's silence dunnint register so much.
just a foil for me today, thanks
finneganm
Art Freak

Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:27 pm

<looks at post count>
I wouldn’t know anything about that
That's what she said
fredo
Art God

Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:34 pm

"Live to post - post to live. #posterlove"

-- Jane Austen