Random Posts & Chaos

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:00 pm

cotis wrote:since there is no Amazon thread - filed my first claim against a seller today there. anyone have success in the past with that?
I have. Though i always call directly for pretty much everything. I'm old-fashioned. So I filed the claim as part of the conversation I had with the Amazon support rep. They ultimately sided with me. My case was a bit different though. I bought a band t-shirt, and when it arrived it had been shipped from China, and was an extremely extremely bad bootleg knock-off. Didn't look anything like what was pictured in the Amazon images. So mine was pretty straightforward. The seller was selling illegal bootlegs. The seller wanted me to pay to ship it back to China before they'd give a refund, or alternatively accept a "partial" refund and keep it (obviously part of the scam). Amazon ultimately gave me a full refund, reported the seller, and I used their bootleg shirt to wrap my outdoor water faucet during the hard freeze last week. :lol:
So it goes...
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:14 pm

:clap: :clap: :lol:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
tweetick
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:17 pm

Which band's shirt was it?
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:23 pm

tweetick wrote:Which band's shirt was it?
Nine Inch Nails
So it goes...
hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:57 pm

cotis wrote:since there is no Amazon thread - filed my first claim against a seller today there. anyone have success in the past with that?

wasn't a prime item (first mistake). and seller is now trying to deduct me 20% restocking fee and return shipping for an item that had an error on the listing. mind you, their website shows 15% restocking fee for items now that I did the research.

but still, it's their error - not sure why I have to pay for their mistake.
I've had to get refunded through them and it went pretty smoothly - seller also tried the restocking fee thing, but Amazon gave me a full refund.

edit: did it all through my orders page - no call needed. More deets: Seller claimed he shipped, but not tracking provided, nothing ever showed. Amazon gave me the refund within 24 hours.
cotis
Art Expert

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:00 pm

hoping they side with me, I assume they will. but the description was inaccurate on the website listing so, I don't see why they wouldn't.
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:03 pm

We need an, "If I was wealthy - this is what I would collect", thread.

:heart:

Last edited by IWish on Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:21 pm

rubberneck
Art God

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:24 am

IWish wrote:We need an, "If I was wealthy - this is what I would collect", thread.

:heart:

Is Laurent working on a print?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:04 am

rubberneck wrote:Is Laurent working on a print?
Heh. Doubtful. I thought he was semi-retired now. As in, slow-going in finishing commitments. I like a lot of his work, just not enough to frame/hang a huge 24 x 36 poster of them. I'd prefer more focus on the vehicles leaving out most of the background.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:30 am

IWish wrote:
Heh. Doubtful. I thought he was semi-retired now. As in, slow-going in finishing commitments. I like a lot of his work, just not enough to frame/hang a huge 24 x 36 poster of them. I'd prefer more focus on the vehicles leaving out most of the background.
He's too busy talking fudge on other artists to produce anything but cheap lithos of his colored pencil commissions.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:46 am

Kramerica wrote:He's too busy talking fudge on other artists to produce anything but cheap lithos of his colored pencil commissions.
Huh. For real? I don't keep-up with social media nonsense. Also, I have no interest in following or supporting those who don't follow through on their commitments (in a timely manner.)
cotis
Art Expert

Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:28 pm

so Amazon finally told me just send it back to them, Amazon will credit me whole amount once BisonOffice receives item. really don't buy from those morons. I asked seller for return label and they told me no it's my job to pay for shipping to get it back. will Amazon chat later again and see what they want me to do now. I'm anticipating them saying keep the drymounting item and they're gonna refund me anyway and fight with seller.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:33 pm

cotis wrote:so Amazon finally told me just send it back to them, Amazon will credit me whole amount once BisonOffice receives item. really don't buy from those morons. I asked seller for return label and they told me no it's my job to pay for shipping to get it back. will Amazon chat later again and see what they want me to do now. I'm anticipating them saying keep the drymounting item and they're gonna refund me anyway and fight with seller.
If it wasn't "fulfilled by Amazon" you might have to send it back to Bison on your own . . . When it is fulfilled by Amazon, they would probably just give you a time for a UPS pickup at your house.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:36 pm

Kramerica wrote:
IWish wrote:
He's too busy talking fudge on other artists to produce anything but cheap lithos of his colored pencil commissions.
keeps teasing that Conan tho . . . :roll: