Random Posts & Chaos

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:48 am

Thanks for sharing, hope it helps with your own resolution somewhat.

We all need to be mindful of abuse in any form; physical, psychological or sexual and to never ignore siblings, relatives or friends, young or old, when they reach out either directly or indirectly.

Most everyone has dealt with it in some fashion. Thankfully society and the law is more open and better equipped to address it in this day and age.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
gorkie
Art Freak

Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:02 pm

Not easy to share stories of personal struggle and pain. Thank you for that.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:01 pm

This track was edited on the 1977 album but is presented here for the first time in its originally recorded length with two more choruses. Also included is a charming false-start to one of the earliest takes of the song. The recordings also reveal that We Are The Champions, known for its unresolved cliff-hanger ending, was originally intended to fade-out. Freddie ends the take saying "That was a lovely feel…that’s exactly how it should be”.

rubberneck
Art God

Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:26 pm

Remember watching Live Aid event on tv live with my family, my dad was well into Queen at the time. You knew you were watching something special, all those songs being such anthems even then.

gorkie
Art Freak

Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:34 pm

Amazing stuff. They were incredible. :D
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
bubbie
Art Expert

Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:38 pm

Brides of Christ are upset about Vatican's ruling that they don't really need to be virgins:

Shock over ruling that 'brides of Christ' need not be virgins

Lot's of heads exploded over this ruling. Luls.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:41 pm

Man, how I wish I could go back and slap the younger me on the back of the head and tell him to stop being such a heavy metal asshole and go see acts like Queen, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Pink Floyd. Anyone else have the "dammit I wish I had seen them when I had a chance bands" list?
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
fredo
Art God

Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:18 pm

SRV is my number one concert regret. Had tickets with Jeff Beck in '89 and could not go.

Same for a free Kinks show at UMass next door to my high school around the same time.

And Los Lobos with NRBQ at a club in Boston in '92.
just a foil for me today, thanks
IWish
Art Expert

Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:31 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:Anyone else have the "dammit I wish I had seen them when I had a chance bands" list?
Oh, yeah...it's a long list. Thing is...during the height of the bands popularity I was too young to go to concerts. By the time I was old enough other priorities prevented me from going. Going to the record store was a big deal to me, though. That was good enough. Heh.
pewter14
EB Team

Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:58 am

Queen would have been a great band to see, but, man, that's a tough one to regret. not sure how old y'all were, but I think the last time they toured I was in my early teens.

David Bowie on the other hand, there were chances .... grrrrr.

I was fortunate enough to see SRV. Even if it was only a short set (opened for Robert Plant @ Great Woods - Mansfield MA, what up fredo!) he blew me away. That show certainly made a massive impact on expanding my musical choices going forward.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:33 pm

hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:41 pm

pewter14 wrote:Queen would have been a great band to see, but, man, that's a tough one to regret. not sure how old y'all were, but I think the last time they toured I was in my early teens.

David Bowie on the other hand, there were chances .... grrrrr.

I was fortunate enough to see SRV. Even if it was only a short set (opened for Robert Plant @ Great Woods - Mansfield MA, what up fredo!) he blew me away. That show certainly made a massive impact on expanding my musical choices going forward.
Bowie is one of my biggest regrets.

Now Prince too . . . Never appreciated his talent enough and then when I recognized it, just never got around to seeing him.

The Police also - could have seen them in like '85 when I was 13 or something and my parents wouldn't let me go . . . never got around to seeing one of the reunion tours.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:17 pm

Wow, this is insane right here. Just another reason I don't care about football or the NFL. This guy actually believes that the fall of this country will be dependent upon the fall of football. Just wow, you can't make this stuff up!

https://sports.yahoo.com/unc-coach-larr ... 45523.html
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:23 pm

We have a head of state that on any given day issues statements, that make that look like a thesis.

If you don't like football, who cares?
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:55 pm

Irishman12 wrote:Wow, this is insane right here. Just another reason I don't care about football or the NFL. This guy actually believes that the fall of this country will be dependent upon the fall of football. Just wow, you can't make this stuff up!

https://sports.yahoo.com/unc-coach-larr ... 45523.html
Go to a small town in Texas. This is early morning barber shop talk amongst the locals.

God, America, Football, in that order.