Random Posts & Chaos

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
rubberneck
Art God

Sat May 13, 2017 9:57 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
rubberneck
Art God

Sat May 13, 2017 10:30 am

Thats a lot of effort for something that no one will watch...

RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sat May 13, 2017 6:57 pm

Man, EB has been dead lately. I used to come home from work and catch up on all the posts I missed. There used to be a sense that I'd miss out on something or that stuff was going on when I was away. Now I come back from work and there's hardly any new posts at all.

In a way, EB is going back to how it was before it became troll city in 2012 and 2013, but it doesn't quite have the small town community feel like it used to.

Archibald Tuttle's recent 1000 post giveaway reminded me of when they were like a right of passage for EBers. A way of giving back to the community. Things have changed... Everybody takes but few folks contribute anything more than snark.

Mods, please bring back posting in sales thread and automatic art comment threads for posters (the lack of this has really taken away from the site, imo. Nobody wants to message a mod to start an art comments thread and there really is a lot less art talk than there used to be).

I hope you mods talk about this kind of stuff. The site/community just isn't what it used to be... (and that's kinda sad)
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat May 13, 2017 7:15 pm

RottenAtom wrote:Mods, please bring back posting in sales thread and automatic art comment threads for posters (the lack of this has really taken away from the site, imo. Nobody wants to message a mod to start an art comments thread and there really is a lot less art talk than there used to be).
You're confusing choice and technical limitations. The first was a conscious choice, the second is a side effect of the site issues that was never resolved. If it was the Admin's choice, auto-art comments would be a thing still.

As for your larger point, don't you think it's just a matter of time? You acknowledge that it's gone back to feeling like it used to before the troll invasion, but without the small town feeling. Don't you think that's just the aftershock of it being trollsville for a while, and that the small town feeling will return in time? I would say, don't give up hope. :)
So it goes...
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat May 13, 2017 7:18 pm

My plan is to wait until the site is on it's last last leg (which seems to be nearer each day) , then buy it for an old Stout and have #botcru bring it into the new millennium.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sat May 13, 2017 7:42 pm

mfaith wrote:As for your larger point, don't you think it's just a matter of time? You acknowledge that it's gone back to feeling like it used to before the troll invasion, but without the small town feeling. Don't you think that's just the aftershock of it being trollsville for a while, and that the small town feeling will return in time?
I really don't have a clue to be honest. The poster game is forever changing. A lot of good collectors have moved on (for various reasons, mostly life). Facebook is on the rise with all the groups and stuff (but oh so annoying and unstructured). Who knows what's to become of anything. I just miss the old days when EB was the place to be for poster talk and it was a lot more hoppin'. There are still a lot of cool folks here and it's still my preferred spot to virtually hang.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sat May 13, 2017 7:43 pm

Codeblue wrote:My plan is to wait until the site is on it's last last leg (which seems to be nearer each day) , then buy it for an old Stout and have #botcru bring it into the new millennium.
What's your stance on posting in sales threads?
finneganm
Art Freak

Sat May 13, 2017 8:06 pm

For

Duh
That's what she said
rubberneck
Art God

Sat May 13, 2017 8:07 pm

FB definitely taken a bite out of every day banter.

But good riddance to the trolling.

Comments on art and FS threads is missed.

IWish
Art Expert

Sat May 13, 2017 8:17 pm

I'm sure that some groups have their own private forum/FB groups setup to hangout. Not a bad idea, some place to go if EB doesn't recover. Personally, I don't have any issues whatsoever using EB. The recent logging out thing is an issue that keeps more people away.

Very few people used the art comments or release discussion threads. Those died off quite sometime ago...so, it's no wonder that admin doesn't make that a priority to fix. Gallery threads have become catch-alls, everything goes.

I miss 2010-11 EB.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Sat May 13, 2017 8:30 pm

EB can't go under until I lowball Rubberneck for his Stout Robocop at least 3 times.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
IWish
Art Expert

Sat May 13, 2017 8:38 pm

EB had such a bad rep and that drove off members to FB too. Some people just didn't want to be associated with EB anymore. Wasn't it said by some that artists hate this place?

:lol: Most often, I just come here to talk to myself.

I'm careful of what I post - paranoid I guess. I don't want to become fodder for FB chats... an unwanted audience.
Last edited by IWish on Sat May 13, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jkw3000
EB Team

Sat May 13, 2017 8:40 pm

What happened, EB, you used to be cool.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat May 13, 2017 8:49 pm

So it goes...
rubberneck
Art God

Sat May 13, 2017 10:38 pm

FrankBooth wrote:EB can't go under until I lowball Rubberneck for his Stout Robocop at least 3 times.
Where's the like button?