Random Posts & Chaos

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
gorkie
Art Freak

Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:53 pm

michaelmillichamp wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:Wow, this is insane right here. Just another reason I don't care about football or the NFL. This guy actually believes that the fall of this country will be dependent upon the fall of football. Just wow, you can't make this stuff up!

https://sports.yahoo.com/unc-coach-larr ... 45523.html
Go to a small town in Texas. This is early morning barber shop talk amongst the locals.

God, America, Football, in that order.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
fredo
Art God

Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:01 pm

pewter14 wrote:Queen would have been a great band to see, but, man, that's a tough one to regret.
I missed Caruso at the Opera House before the dirty Prussians sieged.

ps SRV would've been at Great Woods as well. Actually a guy was scalping tickets for the Centrum show too in Downtown Crossing (do you know of/remember Stairway to Heaven, pewter?). Stupid 16 year old kids don't know what they got....
just a foil for me today, thanks
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:24 am

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
fredo
Art God

Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:47 am

New sig?
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:46 pm

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
fredo
Art God

Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:20 pm

A British journalist used a Blazing Saddles reference in relation to Brexit this morning. If only for that I say the UK has done the right thing.
pewter14
EB Team

Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:07 pm

fredo wrote: (do you know of/remember Stairway to Heaven, pewter?).
Dude -- http://www.rockandrollsupermarket.com/r ... ailer.html

(Not sure if that doc ever got made, tbh)

Note, as a Noath Shoah (Merrimack Valley) kid, I was more about Newbury Comics in Burlington or Rockit Records in Nashua, NH ... but yeah, StH got some of my business too.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
fredo
Art God

Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:47 pm

Ahhh...I can still smell the incense and recently cleared pot smoke.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:24 pm

"No, you're pretty, and you're not real. I'm real" :lol:
So it goes...
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:46 pm

halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:07 pm

beef or pee?
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:00 pm

Beeeeeeeeef!
IWish
Art Expert

Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:35 pm

Keep watching for the badass little girl's threat. LOL.
bubbie
Art Expert

Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:43 am

bubbie wrote:
bubbie wrote:Explosion in an Indian restaurant in Mississauga, Ontario. 15 injured, 3 in critical condition. Cops are calling it a "suspicious" explosion. Really hope it is just a gas leak or some other random fudge.
Was not a gas leak but a drymounting bomb. Motives are so far unknown and no reason to believe it was an act of terrorism or hate crime, according to the cops. Not sure why they distinguish between the two since both are act of terrorism though.
Wrote the first post on May 24. The last public update on the case was on May 28-29, I believe, saying they know drymount all but one of the suspects may have been a woman.

Shooting in Toronto a few hours ago, 1 killed and 13 wounded (a "young girl" in critical condition). The shooter was killed by the police. Wonder how this investigation will go. Link to the news including a short video of the dude shooting a handgun.
bubbie
Art Expert

Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:41 am

Florida Sheriff Cites ‘Stand Your Ground’ in Not Arresting Shooter in Parking Lot Killing
A man who shot and killed another man in Florida this week during an argument over a parking space will not be arrested or charged by the sheriff’s office because of the state’s so-called Stand Your Ground law, the authorities said.

Britany Jacobs, 25, was sitting in a car parked in a handicapped space outside a convenience store in Clearwater, Fla., on Thursday afternoon when a man, Michael Drejka, approached her vehicle and started looking for a handicap permit, Sheriff Bob Gualtieri of Pinellas County said at a news conference on Friday. Ms. Jacobs’s boyfriend, Markeis McGlockton, and their 5-year-old son were in the store when Ms. Jacobs and Mr. Drejka began to yell at each other about whether she was permitted to be in that space, Sheriff Gualtieri said.
quote]
In a video recorded on a surveillance camera, Mr. McGlockton, 28, exits the Circle A Food Store, approaches Mr. Drejka and shoves him to the ground. After Mr. McGlockton takes a few steps back, Mr. Drejka, 47, pulls out a gun and shoots him once in the chest.

Mr. McGlockton then retreats back into the store, clutching his chest. He was taken to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead, Sheriff Gualtieri said.

Sheriff Gualtieri said his office did not arrest or charge Mr. Drejka, who had a concealed carry permit, because of Florida’s Stand Your Ground law, which removes the obligation to retreat if a person feels threatened and frees the person to use deadly force “if he or she reasonably believes” it is necessary “to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm.”
Kind of ironic that McGlockton did not have a glock in his shorts.

P.S. I really don't like people parking in spaces designated for handicapped without a permit. I also really don't like people pushing others before they know what the drymount is really going on. But I REALLY don't like people shooting others because they were pushed down by someone who does not appear to mean any more harm in the immediate future (according to the short recording linked in the article).