Random Posts & Chaos

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:56 pm

So it goes...
DonPiano
Art Expert

Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:59 am

gorkie wrote:
DonPiano wrote:Are crisis actors covered by SAG? If they are, you'd think they take up the issue of workplace safety with them.
An interesting FYI.

Where the ‘Crisis Actor’ Conspiracy Theory Comes From

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/arti ... sandy-hook
I watched a 'documentary' on the history of crisis actors on youtube a while ago. They pointed out how the people claiming that crisis actors exist were saying that a father of one of the kids that died was smiling before he had to deliver a speech about his kid being shot, and how that made him a bad actor. It's crazy what lengths people would go to to make stuff make sense in their heads.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
gorkie
Art Freak

Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:38 am

DonPiano wrote:It's crazy what lengths people would go to to make stuff make sense in their heads.
psy·cho·sis
sīˈkōsəs/Submit
noun
a severe mental disorder in which thought and emotions are so impaired that contact is lost with external reality.

It's because they are mentally ill and it's the responsibility of those of us who are not to make sure the world recognizes them for what they are.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:35 pm

This Vero app that everybody's pimpin out is hella slow and buggy. :hanging:
So it goes...
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:52 pm

So it goes...
bubbie
Art Expert

Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:03 am

^ :lol: made me laugh more than it should have, really.

Stopped at the gas station a few minutes ago and saw this old lady I usually see there buying a bunch of those drymounted up star magazines. She pays 20-30 bucks for the bunch every time. She also drives an Escalade with the biggest rims. She has gotta be pushing 80, at least.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:49 am

mfaith wrote:This Vero app that everybody's pimpin out is hella slow and buggy. :hanging:
I noticed lots of folks jumping on that. What's it do?

I still don't have an instagram. (or a smart phone...)
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:55 am

RottenAtom wrote:
mfaith wrote:This Vero app that everybody's pimpin out is hella slow and buggy. :hanging:

It's effectively like Instagram, but the reason people are gung-ho on it is that its feed has posts in chronological order, like Instagram used to be. Downside is they certainly don't seem to have anticipated the explosion in users, because their infrastructure sure isn't doing a good job of supporting it. Been sluggish and buggy since I signed up yesterday. So, we'll see. I expect it'll end up going the way of Ello and Maekan
So it goes...
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:22 am

mfaith wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:

It's effectively like Instagram, but the reason people are gung-ho on it is that its feed has posts in chronological order, like Instagram used to be. Downside is they certainly don't seem to have anticipated the explosion in users, because their infrastructure sure isn't doing a good job of supporting it. Been sluggish and buggy since I signed up yesterday. So, we'll see. I expect it'll end up going the way of Ello and Maekan
Oof to IG making changes that have people jumping ship. Non-chronological sounds annoying. Ello and Maekan sounds like a lawfirm. (just googled them, had never heard of 'em).

btw, I warmed up to most of the google calendar changes pretty quickly. Aside from the jarring look with the big numbers and small names of days (and them changing all my colors) the changes have been positive. (being able to add links is nice)
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:02 pm

RottenAtom wrote: btw, I warmed up to most of the google calendar changes pretty quickly. Aside from the jarring look with the big numbers and small names of days (and them changing all my colors) the changes have been positive. (being able to add links is nice)
:heart:
So it goes...
IWish
Art Expert

Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:07 pm

I have yet to try google calendar. Sounds great...just need to find some time to play-around with it.

Changes...some folks just refuse. Your post reminded me of coworkers that were hesitant about using Access in lieu of Excel. Depending on what you want to achieve Access databases are the way to go. It took a long time to convince them of the advantages, some never even tried.
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:21 am

Kevin Smith Tweets He Has Suffered “Massive Heart Attack”

http://deadline.com/2018/02/kevin-smith ... 202303124/

:hanging:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
agr719
Art Expert

Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:24 pm

mfaith wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:

Yeah, it's off to a banging start so far. I can't even search for people currently :roll:
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.