hey photographers, post your photos

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:10 pm

IMG_1602 by electrachrome, on Flickr

IMG_1553 by electrachrome, on Flickr

IMG_1500 by electrachrome, on Flickr

IMG_1816 by electrachrome, on Flickr

IMG_1402 by electrachrome, on Flickr
electrachrome
Site Admin

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:15 pm

IMG_1603 by electrachrome, on Flickr
gordo55
Art Expert

Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:01 pm

electrachrome wrote:
Mapman wrote:So excited, we are doing the family road trip this summer to Yellowstone and the Tetons...
Do you have time to go to Glacier National Park? your kids should get a chance to see it before it's all gone. I last saw all those parks over 30 years ago. wow, time flies.
My wife and I spent our honeymoon (Jun- Aug '82) touring the National Park System. Put over 15k miles on the car. Saw the destruction of Mt St Helens, Glacier and much much more. I would say Glacier and the Olympics (Hurricane Ridge) are must do's before it's too late. Lovin' your "Strangers" series, 'chrome!
THC
electrachrome
Site Admin

Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:45 am

gordo55 wrote:Lovin' your "Strangers" series, 'chrome!
thanks. my goal is to actually covert one into a real painting with in the next month. I haven't painted in nearly 30 years as well, but I was OK at ti when I gave it up . Hopefully it's like riding a bicycle. I'm going to start small, but I'd like to work towards painting some big canvasses.
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:51 am

Me too! Love the chrome posts.

electrachrome wrote:thanks. my goal is to actually covert one into a real painting with in the next month. I haven't painted in nearly 30 years as well, but I was OK at ti when I gave it up . Hopefully it's like riding a bicycle. I'm going to start small, but I'd like to work towards painting some big canvasses.
Do it! Make sure you post 'em here. Wishing you success!
gordo55
Art Expert

Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:46 am

IWish wrote:
Me too! Love the chrome posts.

electrachrome wrote:thanks. my goal is to actually covert one into a real painting with in the next month. I haven't painted in nearly 30 years as well, but I was OK at ti when I gave it up . Hopefully it's like riding a bicycle. I'm going to start small, but I'd like to work towards painting some big canvasses.
Do it! Make sure you post 'em here. Wishing you success!
What Sue said!
THC
electrachrome
Site Admin

Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:17 am

Flickr agrees to be acquired by SmugMug - what this means for you.
We’re excited to announce that Flickr has agreed to be acquired by SmugMug, the photography platform dedicated to visual storytellers.

SmugMug has a long history of empowering people who love photography and who want to improve their craft, making them a perfect fit for Flickr and our creative community. With SmugMug, we’ll continue to focus on you, the Flickr members who inspire us all with your work.

Nothing will change immediately with regard to your Flickr account. You will still access Flickr with your current login credentials and you will have the same Flickr experience as you do now. We will continue to work to make your Flickr experience even better.

We think you are going to love Flickr under SmugMug ownership, but you can choose to not have your Flickr account and data transferred to SmugMug until May 25, 2018. If you want to keep your Flickr account and data from being transferred, you must go to your Flickr account to download the photos and videos you want to keep, then delete your account from your Account Settings by May 25, 2018.

If you do not delete your account by May 25, 2018, your Flickr account and data will transfer to SmugMug and will be governed by SmugMug’s Terms and Privacy Policy.

Read more detailed FAQs about this transition on the Flickr Blog.

We’re happy that Flickr is your home for photography and we look forward to the next chapter in our adventure together as we join the SmugMug family.
Thanks,
The Flickr Team
ksn
Art Expert

Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:24 pm

Went out for photos one rainy night.

sidewaysscott
Art God

Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:05 pm

those are great KSN!!!
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
fredo
Art God

Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:52 pm

Agreed, really excellent. Pretty "fast" camera/lens, too, then? Certainly does well in low light.
just a foil for me today, thanks
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:02 am

@KSN - very nice! what gear did you shoot those on? Definite blade runner vibe.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
ksn
Art Expert

Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:56 am

Thanks! I took these with my Lumix GH3 + Summilux 25mm/1.4

Thinking about upgrading the system soon, as the body is feeling dated. I’m waiting for the Sony A7Siii and switching to full frame if I can afford it.
fredo
Art God

Tue May 08, 2018 5:42 pm

just a foil for me today, thanks
Mapman
Art Expert

Fri May 11, 2018 1:28 pm

gordo55 wrote:
electrachrome wrote:
Mapman wrote:So excited, we are doing the family road trip this summer to Yellowstone and the Tetons...
Do you have time to go to Glacier National Park? your kids should get a chance to see it before it's all gone. I last saw all those parks over 30 years ago. wow, time flies.
My wife and I spent our honeymoon (Jun- Aug '82) touring the National Park System. Put over 15k miles on the car. Saw the destruction of Mt St Helens, Glacier and much much more. I would say Glacier and the Olympics (Hurricane Ridge) are must do's before it's too late. Lovin' your "Strangers" series, 'chrome!
Probably not going on the trip now, I'm eating up my vacation days visiting the wife in the hospital! :(
electrachrome
Site Admin

Sun May 13, 2018 1:00 pm

Mapman wrote:Probably not going on the trip now, I'm eating up my vacation days visiting the wife in the hospital! :(
Sorry to hear. I hope she has a speedy recovery.