Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby mfaith on Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:14 am

DonPiano wrote:
mfaith wrote:Any recommendations on a good non-"i" way to keep up with podcasts?


Are you on apple or android?

Windows 10 :D
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team
 
Status: Active
Posts: 48173
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Image Image ImageImageImage

Postby fnord on Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:22 pm

I use pocketcasts, works in browser and on Android.
User avatar
fnord
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 7391
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:19 pm
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E

Postby mfaith on Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:59 pm

fnord wrote:I use pocketcasts, works in browser and on Android.

Thanks!
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team
 
Status: Active
Posts: 48173
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Image Image ImageImageImage

Postby DonPiano on Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:31 pm

mfaith wrote:
DonPiano wrote:
mfaith wrote:Any recommendations on a good non-"i" way to keep up with podcasts?


Are you on apple or android?

Windows 10 :D


You what.
User avatar
DonPiano
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 8059
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:42 am
Location: Perth, Nowhere Australia.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group


wottagunn wrote:they're exactly the same you drymounts. go get an eye check


Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.

Postby RottenAtom on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:09 pm

Man, I'm super frustrated right now. Being forced to move apartments due to renovations and it's all bad. The new spot is $200 more per month, the 'renovations' are mostly terrible downgrades, and all the apartments in the area are in worse condition for more money. Price has doubled in the time I've been here. I live a block from where I work and would rather not have to drive through Houston traffic everyday.

The thing that has me off my square right now is that I called ATT to set up the transfer to the new apartment. I currently have ATT Internet 12 (12 mpps or whatever) and they are telling me that it is not available at the new apt even though it's only about 30 feet from my previous apt. They only have Internet 5 (5 per second or whatever). This is ridiculous. I'm getting nickle and dimed to death and the quality of everything is going down. I want to set the world on fire.

I contacted Comcast Xfinity and they offer faster service but they charge more and for everything including a monthly charge for the modem?(!) Anybody have Xfinity? Are they as bad as they seem.
User avatar
RottenAtom
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 14411
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:51 am
Location: Houston, TX
Image

Postby zefarrett on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:25 pm

Comcast is pretty much the only decent option in Baltimore City. They have a crazy monopoly and the city even renewed their fudge.

Here’s my thought: drymount Comcast
User avatar
zefarrett
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 10122
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:24 pm
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)

Postby RottenAtom on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:36 pm

^Figured as much. Bummer
User avatar
RottenAtom
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 14411
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:51 am
Location: Houston, TX
Image

Postby rubberneck on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:39 pm

RottenAtom wrote:Man, I'm super frustrated right now. Being forced to move apartments due to renovations and it's all bad. The new spot is $200 more per month, the 'renovations' are mostly terrible downgrades, and all the apartments in the area are in worse condition for more money. Price has doubled in the time I've been here. I live a block from where I work and would rather not have to drive through Houston traffic everyday.

The thing that has me off my square right now is that I called ATT to set up the transfer to the new apartment. I currently have ATT Internet 12 (12 mpps or whatever) and they are telling me that it is not available at the new apt even though it's only about 30 feet from my previous apt. They only have Internet 5 (5 per second or whatever). This is ridiculous. I'm getting nickle and dimed to death and the quality of everything is going down. I want to set the world on fire.

I contacted Comcast Xfinity and they offer faster service but they charge more and for everything including a monthly charge for the modem?(!) Anybody have Xfinity? Are they as bad as they seem.


Renovations sounds like a strategy to displace all long term tenants and to then be able to renegotiate and justify new higher rates across the board.

All utilities are a pain in the ass to set up, customer service is severely lacking, trying to do a detailed correlation of service and fees without decent info online is frustrating af.
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
 
Status: Active
Posts: 25012
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Postby michaelmillichamp on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:54 pm

What if you just say no to moving?
User avatar
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur
 
Status: Active
Posts: 667
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:53 am

Postby Codeblue on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:57 pm

#constructiveeviction

Although, in Tejas it wouldn't surprise me if they can kick ya out fer no dog gone reason at all.
User avatar
Codeblue
Art God
 
Status: Active
Posts: 49999
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby jjttdw on Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:18 pm

AT&T ran fiber through my neighborhood but stopped 100 feet short of my house. i am stuck with their slow-ass service and have to listen to friends a couple blocks away rave about how fast their internet is.
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5158
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart

Postby fredo on Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:24 pm

Shiiit we even got fibre [sic] down here, mate.
User avatar
fredo
Art God
 
Status: Active
Posts: 24939
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE
just a foil for me today, thanks

Postby RottenAtom on Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:29 pm

michaelmillichamp wrote:What if you just say no to moving?


Not an option. I even offered to stay put and pay the renovated price with none of the renovations (downgrades). My lease is up at the end of the month, so I have no ground to stand on. Been there 12 years and I actually really like the property, just not the folks who manage it. There was a change of ownership a little over a year ago and the new folks are a bunch of rich idiots from California. The changes might look good aesthetically to some folks, but functionally they're terrible. I let them know as much in a super long, direct but eloquently stated detailed email letting them know what's wrong with everything. I even offered to consult for them. It's obvious none of these people have lived in a 1 bedroom apt in a long time or give a drymount about the residents.

I've never been motivated financially, but I want to get rich quick, buy the place from the new owners and then somehow make their lives miserable. #wishfulthinking

I'll probably just bite the bullet and get ready for a good anal thrusting. #reality

:hanging:
User avatar
RottenAtom
Art Freak
 
Status: Active
Posts: 14411
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:51 am
Location: Houston, TX
Image

Postby Codeblue on Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:32 pm

RottenAtom wrote:I've never been motivated financially, but I want to get rich quick

Check teh e-coin thread.
User avatar
Codeblue
Art God
 
Status: Active
Posts: 49999
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.

Postby fredo on Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:33 pm

Nothing The Man likes more than long letters describing in detail what he done wrong. They burn warmer.
User avatar
fredo
Art God
 
Status: Active
Posts: 24939
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE
just a foil for me today, thanks

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: earlgreytoast, jeffzilla, rikkirattoe, smellmysocks73, SPAC04 and 2 guests