Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri May 25, 2018 3:12 am

Blitz, speed chess, whatever the drymount you want to call it. Mate in one but you loose on time. Three tenth of a second. drymount.
bluebirdsong
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 31, 2018 1:47 am

when you are making an eBay posting and your browser crashes so you have to start all over again because it didn't save as a draft :evil:
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu May 31, 2018 9:31 am

Car taxes. it seems to be a southern thing.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
IWish
Art Expert

Thu May 31, 2018 10:27 am

jjttdw wrote:Car taxes. it seems to be a southern thing.
We have it, too. Our annual car registration fees are based on the value of the vehicle. I purchased my '98 4runner new off the lot - my registration fee was aprox. $500. Same vehicle...last year my fee was around $15.00. There are also gas-guzzler fees added to some vehicle models.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu May 31, 2018 10:52 am

IWish wrote:
jjttdw wrote:Car taxes. it seems to be a southern thing.
We have it, too. Our annual car registration fees are based on the value of the vehicle. I purchased my '98 4runner new off the lot - my registration fee was aprox. $500. Same vehicle...last year my fee was around $15.00. There are also gas-guzzler fees added to some vehicle models.
I just replaced by old car with a newer one and am on the hook for the taxes. I can get the tax back for the unused portion of the year for the old car but it wouldn't even buy an Obey print at the drop.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu May 31, 2018 10:54 am

Car registration fees suck, but it's nothing compared to the tax on the house. :hanging:
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu May 31, 2018 11:40 am

Kramerica wrote:Car registration fees suck, but it's nothing compared to the tax on the house. :hanging:
I have a friend in NJ whose 2017 real estate taxes were more than I paid for my entire mortgage, taxes included. Granted his house is worth 2x what mine is but still.
IWish
Art Expert

Thu May 31, 2018 11:42 am

I recently read an article about property tax increases in Seattle, WA. It's been said that Seattle is becoming a place where only the wealthy, (and homeless), live. The middle-income residents are getting pushed-out because they can no longer afford the property taxes. A lot of this is due to tech companies moving their corp offices to the area. Tech employees make more money and are willing to pay more for homes - increasing property values. Sure, we'd all like to see our property values go up; however, for those that have owned their homes for many years and are now on a fixed income can't afford to live there now. They can't afford to buy another home in the Seattle area and have no choice but to move. Very sad.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu May 31, 2018 11:46 am

I wish I could say mine were due to greatly increasing property values rather than the governor just being a complete dumbass and putting the state in the shitter.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu May 31, 2018 2:30 pm

people my parents age who are obsessed with setting up their printers for wireless.

Even though there is a desk to set their laptop down and usb cable they could plug into with little additional effort in the room where the printer is.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu May 31, 2018 2:41 pm

35mmpaul wrote:people my parents age
FTFY
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu May 31, 2018 2:45 pm

jjttdw wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:people
FTFY
:lol:
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu May 31, 2018 3:36 pm

^checkmate :clap: :clap:
jmagee87
Art Expert

Thu May 31, 2018 3:39 pm

35mmpaul wrote:people my parents age who are obsessed with setting up their printers for wireless.

Even though there is a desk to set their laptop down and usb cable they could plug into with little additional effort in the room where the printer is.
Printers are the worst thing when it comes to IT related products. And wireless printers are the worst of the worst. Anytime someone tells me they have a wireless printer and they want to set it up, I tell them no they dont. Wireless doesnt mean what you think it means. You need to plug that fudge in
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
sixstringer
Art Expert

Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:20 pm

Just got a call from my father in law saying some screen popped up on his computer telling him his "pc needed a repair" and he was supposed to call a number to fix. Of course he called them and gave them remote access to his machine and said he had to leave so he was going to call them back later and pay them $300 with his CC.

And NOW he decided to call me. Kinda late. I always work on his computers but I am no expert. I'm going over there tonight with a USB w/some anti-malware software. Anything else I should do? How screwed is he?

#oldpeople