Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
virtualj
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:11 am

halftonegraphics wrote:i love the one that is a lady acting like she's messing around with her headset. trying to make it seem like its a real person.
I got tricked on one the other day when it was from an area code I recognized and they said my name as if they knew me. I laughed and congratulated him on his work
I donate anonymously.
Vorpel
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:37 am

earlgreytoast wrote:
Vorpel wrote:Take wife to see Princess Bride (classic movie series at a local theater) - audience participation (cheer the good guys, boo the bad guys, etc) encouraged - adults only showing so they could serve alcohol.

Movie starts - asshole in front of us (drunk) yelling/screaming out lines and quips throughout the movie... 10% of them were funny - the rest so obnoxious. Turned a fun movie into a chore to watch. Guess I'll avoid the adults only screenings in the future...!
Sucks. Did you try to politely ask him to at least not scream the lines before they happened?
Honestly no - based on what I saw of him it could have easily turned into a big confrontation and I'm pretty sure I have more to lose than him if it turned into an altercation.
RadRacing
Art Expert

Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:44 am

Vorpel wrote:Take wife to see Princess Bride (classic movie series at a local theater) - audience participation (cheer the good guys, boo the bad guys, etc) encouraged - adults only showing so they could serve alcohol.

Movie starts - asshole in front of us (drunk) yelling/screaming out lines and quips throughout the movie... 10% of them were funny - the rest so obnoxious. Turned a fun movie into a chore to watch. Guess I'll avoid the adults only screenings in the future...!
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:36 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:i love the one that is a lady acting like she's messing around with her headset. trying to make it seem like its a real person.
"Hey! Can you hear me? Haha :)"
bayharborbutcher
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:51 am

Here's something that's happened to me 3-4 times on here:
Me "hey I see you ISO this print (that has traded for up to double face) do you want a mint one for cost?"

Them"I'm sorry, that's just out of my range at the moment"

I don't get it, if you can't pay the hundred bucks the poster originally cost, are you really actively looking for it?
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:03 am

Maybe they arent really actively looking for it. If they were they would probably be reaching out to you.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:18 am

at least they responded to you.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
virtualj
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:28 am

stuckeyc wrote:Maybe they arent really actively looking for it. If they were they would probably be reaching out to you.
Too shay
I donate anonymously.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:46 am

Has traded for up to double face but now tanked and isn't even worth face anymore?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
pj101ca
Art Expert

Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:59 pm

Hawaiian Pizza

It's not right. stop eating it.
mike123230 wrote:hahahah lawyers are stupid. boom. roasted.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:17 pm

it tastes better if you sub bacon instead of ham.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
agr719
Art Expert

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:20 am

mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
MedicinalGrade
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:42 am

when the damn GOP keeps interrupting Kamala.
MSN has temporarily removed commenting on our websites while we explore better ways to keep you shielded from the truth and firmly entrenched in your safe spot.
#meanpeoplesuckexceptBLM
john38103
Art Expert

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:40 pm

This dickhead posting in the anti-peeve thread is my peeve.
o4phish20o wrote: people are going to have to stop being assholes online.
Please allow me to recommend that you try to be the change you want to see in the world. Because you're a gigantic asshole son. Just a vapid horrible jerk of a human being when you're online.
Here you are advocating for the free market to kill the weakest people.
o4phish20o wrote:Why? It allows the free market to work itself out. Some will die while others survive. I think at that end, it makes everyone stronger long term.
Here you are telling weird lies about your demolition derby fantasies in traffic.
o4phish20o wrote:You should have been playing chicken with her, on the bumper of the guy in front of you, dare her to hit your car... or just ride her directly in to the guard rail, curb, parked car, or pedestrian. Then, stop, with her car stuck in damage mode and call the police. Let them ticket and tow her. Smile and tell her your lawyer will be in contact shortly. Then give her your business card, call her entitled, then get back in your car and drive off laughing.
o4phish20o wrote:I do it daily. The number of dents on my car & the "Entitled" sign are proof enough in my car of just that. .
Here you are talking about drymounting mining and saying that everyone should take care of themselves and not complain despite the fact that you're always a gigantic crybaby and once even suggested that online bullying from EB could cause you to kill yourself. Everyone should be tough (except for you apparently).
o4phish20o wrote:The example you gave of abandoned mines in the desert... does anyone really care about those? What damage is the toxic waste causing? Is it a threat to national health? You use the term toxic waste, but I really don't know what that means. Is it leaking in to drinking water? Effecting crop growth? Acid rain? ozone depletion? Honestly I just don't know enough about that. If its a big problem to those in lets say New Mexico... well then Id say its up to NM to vote on that issue and see if they want to fix it. But I don't see it as a federal issue at all. If you truly want something done about the mines, pick up a shovel, put your gloves and work boots on, go out and fix it. Don't look for someone else to help you with your problems though.
Here you are saying that no one owes any responsibility to the past but one of your top priorities is preserving your family's inheritance being passed down from generation to generation. The disconnect is world class. You seemingly have no sense of irony or decency.
o4phish20o wrote:No, I don't feel its any persons responsibility to fix the past. All you can do is move forward. You cant make a current generation pay for past generations mistakes.
o4phish20o wrote:I want the Estate Tax eliminated. Pretty simple & most important thing to me in this election... has been since before anyone had announced to run.
Take your own advice and stop being an asshole online.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:13 pm

john38103 wrote:This dickhead posting in the anti-peeve thread is my peeve.
o4phish20o wrote: people are going to have to stop being assholes online.
Please allow me to recommend that you try to be the change you want to see in the world. Because you're a gigantic asshole son. Just a vapid horrible jerk of a human being when you're online.
Here you are advocating for the free market to kill the weakest people.
o4phish20o wrote:Why? It allows the free market to work itself out. Some will die while others survive. I think at that end, it makes everyone stronger long term.
Here you are telling weird lies about your demolition derby fantasies in traffic.
o4phish20o wrote:You should have been playing chicken with her, on the bumper of the guy in front of you, dare her to hit your car... or just ride her directly in to the guard rail, curb, parked car, or pedestrian. Then, stop, with her car stuck in damage mode and call the police. Let them ticket and tow her. Smile and tell her your lawyer will be in contact shortly. Then give her your business card, call her entitled, then get back in your car and drive off laughing.
o4phish20o wrote:I do it daily. The number of dents on my car & the "Entitled" sign are proof enough in my car of just that. .
Here you are talking about drymounting mining and saying that everyone should take care of themselves and not complain despite the fact that you're always a gigantic crybaby and once even suggested that online bullying from EB could cause you to kill yourself. Everyone should be tough (except for you apparently).
o4phish20o wrote:The example you gave of abandoned mines in the desert... does anyone really care about those? What damage is the toxic waste causing? Is it a threat to national health? You use the term toxic waste, but I really don't know what that means. Is it leaking in to drinking water? Effecting crop growth? Acid rain? ozone depletion? Honestly I just don't know enough about that. If its a big problem to those in lets say New Mexico... well then Id say its up to NM to vote on that issue and see if they want to fix it. But I don't see it as a federal issue at all. If you truly want something done about the mines, pick up a shovel, put your gloves and work boots on, go out and fix it. Don't look for someone else to help you with your problems though.
Here you are saying that no one owes any responsibility to the past but one of your top priorities is preserving your family's inheritance being passed down from generation to generation. The disconnect is world class. You seemingly have no sense of irony or decency.
o4phish20o wrote:No, I don't feel its any persons responsibility to fix the past. All you can do is move forward. You cant make a current generation pay for past generations mistakes.
o4phish20o wrote:I want the Estate Tax eliminated. Pretty simple & most important thing to me in this election... has been since before anyone had announced to run.
Take your own advice and stop being an asshole online.
Oh nice, while your at it do EGToast please.

As far as hecklers go, i sat next to a real douche at a Nick DiPaolo show. He was being a so passive aggressive after I politely/quietly asking his woman to please keep be quiet( /at least turn the flash of her selfie taking phone). He bitched up and started doing an obnoxious laugh to be a kitten, I was praying to the gods that Dipaolo would rip into them for being such awful patrons, but he was too busy battling the indifferent liberal silence at the front tables at the moment. It was the only comedy show i'd ever had soured due to that genre of shithead audience member.

douche chills